• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Audiosurf: Indie music game that works with your music files (free download)

Nabs

the third workaround leaves me w/ "This beta has ended" msg. I tried google and I may have found something. I'll let you guys know if it works.

I played Kojima Mayumi - Hatsukoi (used in that great Nintendo commercial). It worked pretty well.

I also tried it on UGK's Cocaine. It didn't work as well (far too slow), but there's a part of the song before or during a couple of the hooks that worked well.

and then I had to stop
16x16smileysadgi9.gif

DarkJC

shagg_187 said:
FUCKING BADASS!!!

The first song that i played was The Perfect Drug (nineinchnails) and instantly you feel the vibe on how the track is laid out and how wild and fun it gets. Perfect Drug has a drum-solo in the end and it gets pretty intense at that moment.

Later, i switched to Happiness In Slavery (nineinchnails) and FUCKING HELL! This song was tough to play on. Again, Synth/Drum-solo during the end and it gets nasty.

Loved it so much, i clicked on buy button only to realize that it's under beta right now.
This game can be a hit at XBLA/PSN! Ready to shill out money for it.

If you're NIN fan, do NOT hesitate to try Happiness In Slavery using Ninja Mono :D

Yeah but they would need to figure out a way to get the same speed with a stick as you can with a mouse. If you play some fast ninja mono songs you need SPEED or you'll be hitting grays like no tomorrow.

Enk

makes good threads.
Hey that was pretty awesome!

I was on a Turrican kick and had downloaded some remixes of the first two games so I used those for the BGMusic. The first song I played was this one: Turrican 2-Stage One Remix. That set up some pretty cool visuals and moments but the next song I used was Turrican 2 Medley. Even though I didn't care for the song all that much once it picked up it got into some crazy visuals.

Wish I knew about the song limit so I could've chosen longer pieces.

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
Sweet I got it to work.

Uninstall what you have currently.
Delete the folder as well.

Download the game from here: *cough*
Run this program: *coughhhh*

Open the game.

EDIT: And check out your high scores here: *cough*

Wow. Totally loving the game, even though I suck at it. Some big boys should pick this up, it deserves money and recognition.

And what are the real names of the songs in the game? SOme of them are absolutely amazing.

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
Sweetness - Jimmy Eat World
Density = 1021

Through the Fire and Flames - Dragonforce
Density = 1947

and Striptease by Hawksley Workman

Hardest songs I've played.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Playing angra - spread your fire , on hard mode is fucking crazy. I really wanted to capture it, its so bloody quick, but this PC is just too old.

Nabs

if anyone wants to try hip-hop, i recommend anything that is produced by el-p. holy crap. just finished mr. lif's return of the b-boy... crazy shit.

Jube3

Nabs said:
if anyone wants to try hip-hop, i recommend anything that is produced by el-p. holy crap. just finished mr. lif's return of the b-boy... crazy shit.

Try Beat it, its a non stop up and down. So hard, only got like 4k on it.

Nabs

i'm going to play my entire mj collection in a bit. i just dug into my 78-82 folder and just had the greatest couple of games. just started messing with ninja mono... this game is great.

I'm downloading this, wanna try it with Holy Orders and the second one...

Threatened ? Is it Scary ? Unbreakable ? Ghosts ? OMG, so hard to choose. I'm so buying the final version.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
TheQueen'sOwn said:
Sweet I got it to work.

Uninstall what you have currently.
Delete the folder as well.

Download the game from here: *sputter*

Run this program: *wheeze*

Open the game.

EDIT: And check out your high scores here: *ahem*

I dled that it said my version was expired! I never even dled this game before.

Ummm....help?Everytime I try to play it I get a message saying ''check C/Program Files/Audiosurf/audiosurf.exe.log'', and the game won't load and then when I check the log it contains something like this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Audiosurf.py", line 113, in <module>
File "ConfigParser.pyc", line 286, in readfp
File "ConfigParser.pyc", line 462, in _read
ConfigParser.MissingSectionHeaderError: File contains no section headers.
file: <???>, line: 1
'<HTML><head>\n'

Anybody have any ideas how to fix this?I've uninstalled and reinstalled a few times and that doesn't work.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Holy mother of god. I didn't mess around too much in the tutorial, but I loaded up Dayvan Cowboy by Boards of Canada for kicks and it blew me away. The visuals accompanying every single beat and surge with the instruments almost made me cry :lol This program is unreal.

pn18 said:
Can't wait to surf on Echoes (Pink Floyd) :D
Great idea!

speedpop

Fuck me dead.

Basement Jaxx = orgasm and goosebumps.

Explosions in the Sky = tears of love and joy.

This is the best thing that I've ever played. It is going to blow the mind of a tripped person.

edit: DAFT PUNK!

dude

dude
pn18 said:
Turn it on.:lol

:/
That wasn't funny:<
Also, it's not running fullscreen, so it's just a window full of black.

I installed it again, and now it says
See logfile F:\Games\Indie\Audiosurf.exe.log for details

I won't be able to play this game ever, will I?>.>

Jenga

Banned
I was wondering when Audiosurf would hit Neogaf. Meh, most of the characters/modes are pretty shitty. The only good ones are Mono and Ninja Mono.

S. L.

I'm stuck at the music select screen?
i have the list of my main folders/harddrives but i can't select any of them

anybody has an idea?

edit - works now

Jenga

Banned
Holy Order Sol said:
You KNEW and you didn't tell ? >_>
Well, as of a few days ago the only way you could play it was some questionable work-around...and I wasn't sure the mods would support that. Especially considering the game would start charging money in Feb. So yeah, piracy concerns are why I was hesitant to post about it.

pn18

Banned
The game is awesome, but the dev seems to be a fucking retard.

I mean, they make you love this game by letting you play two of your songs and then it says "FUCK YOURSELF" you can't play any custom tracks anymore "BUY THIS FUCKING GAME", but guess what, you can't BECAUSE IT'S A FRIGGIN BETA. WHAT TE FUCK?

Jenga

Banned
JonathanEx said:
Hope this comes to Steam/XBL/Any delivery service like that.
How exactly would that work? Song DLC packs is pretty much the big thing right now, and being able to upload ANY song might make MS encourage the devs to make it DLC-only.

Jenga said:
How exactly would that work? Song DLC packs is pretty much the big thing right now, and being able to upload ANY song might make MS encourage the devs to make it DLC-only.
Use files stored on the 360 or streaming from your PC over the network.

speedpop

arab said:
this + iphone/ipod = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

HOP TO IT
I'm honestly surprised nothing like this has happened. This is the perfect fusion of powerful music and addictive tetris.

Top Bottom