• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August US Boxart Thread

Kifimbo

200718bm.jpg

51HS2CcXgxL.jpg
51Pwsx5QYML.jpg

51VEAvS6%2BmL.jpg
51SsBDKAlcL.jpg

61rvcC8KpjL.jpg
61ux9L-F6JL.jpg
230703b.jpg

61WIae30gkL.jpg
61R7KGtwQwL.jpg

51nkZGbtDTL.jpg
51MLZ%2B5coKL.jpg

51Ix6mH7aFL.jpg

51HUKALEcEL.jpg
51JfOuvWC7L.jpg

61C4dWwuOcL.jpg
51LFmcvIkZL.jpg

200762brp.jpg
181104b.jpg
181063b.jpg
181062b.jpg

230608b.jpg
181101brp.jpg
230594b.jpg

181050b.jpg
181051b.jpg
181049b.jpg
230651b.jpg

200750brp.jpg
230670b.jpg
647620b.jpg
230618b.jpg
230688brp.jpg
181098brp.jpg

WHOA JONAS is getting a game already!!!!

reminds me that I need to finish buying the episodes off iTunes, I think I have 3 episodes so far.

Reminds me of the days when Cartoon Network released games like Powerpuff Girls on GBC.

Orpheon

Banned
If I designed a retro-fitted Zeppelin with an uber-giant bayonet attached to the front and got away with it, I'd be pretty damn proud of myself.

Gameboy415

Kifimbo said:

FAMILY FEUD!?! YES! It's one of my favorite game shows from my childhood. :D
Was the first Price is Right game any fun?? I'm surprised to see a sequel so soon.

Kifimbo said:

The arcade port is coming out on Wii AND DS?
How are they different?

Acosta

Orpheon said:
If I designed a retro-fitted Zeppelin with an uber-giant bayonet attached to the front and got away with it, I'd be pretty damn proud of myself.

With that taste you should feel proud if you managed to draw a circle.

Bizzyb

Banned
Infernal Monkey said:

And yet Ubisoft complains that these games aren't selling on DS....

Seriously, their whole DS division needs extreme purging.

There is just way too much garbage being released. It's almost no different than what happened in the Atari days except now the garbage has slightly higher standards.

How can so many companies afford to put out SOO much garbage?? I mean a Jonas Brothers game? How many more party/casual games ca they put out before the consumers get sick of it and say "ENOUGH!"?? Its like the are trying to clog the market with as much crap as they can before it completely implodes on them and fails.

Gagaman

Gameboy415 said:
The arcade port is coming out on Wii AND DS?
How are they different?
It's more a new game based around the arcade game than a port. No ones' seen anything of the DS one yet, but it's said to be completely different gameplay.

Nirolak said:
Well, technically it was big money for them: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=369466

It seems the Imagine base is either becoming uninterested in new games on or is now pirating their software as Ubisoft asserts.

Thinking back to gradeschool, if there was a pirate cart for gameboy or gamegear that was easy to get/use. My god. It'd only be a matter of time before the school would be taken over. Therefor I believe Ubi's claims.

How come every time I open one of these threads there are just loads of Petz and Imaginez games. Like, do they really come out with new ones every month?

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Wait, there's a Where's Waldo game coming out? I thought that ship saled like 15 years ago. We getting a Tamagachi game soon too?

Bizzyb

Banned
Dark Octave said:
:lol WTF??

It's like I said, how can they keep this up? There is just not enough shelf space for shit like this. They HAVE to be losing money on most of this garbage and yet they continue to put it out. Why not focus on making less games, but of higher quality?

sfog

Was the first Price is Right game any fun?? I'm surprised to see a sequel so soon.

The Wii version is a decent conversion of the show's style and has about 16 different pricing games. Pick it up if you like the show, but don't pay more than $20 for it (it launched at $40, and definitely isn't worth that much).

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Dedication Through Light said:
WHOA JONAS is getting a game already!!!!

reminds me that I need to finish buying the episodes off iTunes, I think I have 3 episodes so far.

Reminds me of the days when Cartoon Network released games like Powerpuff Girls on GBC.

They're releasing a Wizards of Waverly Place game for DS later this month, too. Its boxart was in the June boxart thread, I believe.

Kibbles

DuckRacer said:

Eww they filled the 2 in with white now? It looked good before without the 2 filled in. The Call of Duty part looks lame now too. The one 402 showed was good. Doesn't matter I'm getting the Hardened Edition anyways.

KevinCow

Banned
Kifimbo said:

You know, I'm sure these games are just as bad as other shovelware aimed at preteen girls, but these boxarts are actually surprisingly nice. Well composed, easy on the eyes, and while clearly aimed at preteen girls, not overtly so to the point of being offensive to everyone else.

At the very least, they're far better than Ubisoft's "Random picture, shitty logo, blank white background" approach to their Imagine and Petz lines.

Though the logo reminds me of, er, this:

ogc_404_664987c.jpg

Hint: Look at it sideways.

The Modern Warfare 2 boxart is definitely better than Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (though in the boxart what is that building behind the soldier).

People spend the $20 and upgrade to the Hardended Edition, please.

A Boy and His Blob looks nice. Go Majesco(?)

DuckRacer

Ogs said:
Am i the only person whose just noticed some blown up government building behind the soldier on the MW2 box ?
Dedication Through Light said:
(though in the boxart what is that building behind the soldier).
It's the US Capitol. FYI, the Game Informer MW2 cover had the Lincoln Memorial in place of the Capitol in the background, too.

That LBP cover has too much going on in it, so much to take in. Though adding the "$30" of bonus content is sure to win over people this fall and upcoming holiday, especially if they put back those LBP commercials.

Top Bottom