• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Kaladin

So next week I shift schedules from a 2 - 10pm shift to a 10 - 6pm shift every night of the week except Friday when I work 1 - 9pm. That is going to be awesome. I finally get to watch my wrasslin live.

klonere

Banned
Maybe It's almost time for a haircut and moveset change just like Mutoh in 2001?

Absolutely, now is the time for Tana to evolve his character further.

I know he's gonna get one last run with the title so I'd prefer it to be as a different kinda wrestler!

Zach

too cool and rikishi BUSTIN A MOVE in the middle of the rumble doesn't deserve an A?

you're dead to me zach

I actually enjoyed that. Even though after Rah-kishi (as JR says) eliminated Too Cool, Big Kish should've been all business. Instead he danced. And then someone else started to come out and he stood stoically and I was like "oh, here we go, now he's all business" but then I realized he still had on his sunglasses and I was like "maaan."

Sorry, Anth0ny. I'm a critical bastard.

Zach

Hey Zach, remember when you told me about accessible sets at wwe events, do the seats usually suck?

You get what you pay for. Per ADA guidelines, they should offer accessible seating in all price scales. But regardless of where the seats are, I'm sure ADA guidelines dictate that you should be able to see even if you never stand up, because, you know, a lot of the people who sit there are in wheelchairs. The one time I sat in the seats at the BOK Center in Tulsa, we were back about halfway (probably bought mid-priced tickets), but we were by a ledge, so people in front of us were well below.

Maybe the second best Royal Rumble show, even with the general slogginess of the Rumble itself, the bikini contest thing, and Lawler repeatedly calling Kaientai Chinese.
Gotta love Lawler's constant twisted need to rewatch Taka bouncing off the mat though.
I find the actual rumble kinda meh but hot damn if that main event between Cactus and Trips isn't a top tier WWE main event match.

I'm genuinely surprised people still had high expectations for NMS, every time they showed footage of the game it seemed more barebones and less interesting to me then the time before. I went from being super pumped to completely indifferent of that game, I think the hype literally killed that game because it went from a 15 bucks game to a AAA title because everyone was suddenly OMG NO MANS SKY IS SOOOOO AWESOME!

Maybe that's just me.
A lot of my PS4 owning friends are well onboard the hype train shuttle for this one and I feel like the stick in the mud trying to get them to maybe cool their jets because from Day 1 i've had doubts that such a team could possibly deliver on something so ambitious, heck even a massive renowned company would have a mission pulling it off.

I guess we'll see.

Zach

Gotta love Lawler's constant twisted need to rewatch Taka bouncing off the mat though.
I find the actual rumble kinda meh but hot damn if that main event between Cactus and Trips isn't a top tier WWE main event match.

All things considered, I'd say the Rumble itself was in the top five battle royals I've seen thus far. That's not saying a lot, though, because they're usually not good. I think the event is still worthwhile; it's just more of an in-the-moment kind of thing.

And yeah, Cactus/Triple H lived up to the hype. I don't know if it's a five-star classic, but it's close.

You get what you pay for. Per ADA guidelines, they should offer accessible seating in all price scales. But regardless of where the seats are, I'm sure ADA guidelines dictate that you should be able to see even if you never stand up, because, you know, a lot of the people who sit there are in wheelchairs. The one time I sat in the seats at the BOK Center in Tulsa, we were back about halfway (probably bought mid-priced tickets), but we were by a ledge, so people in front of us were well below.
We'll see how it is tomorrow.

BREAKING NEWS

HEYMAN HAS REACHED AN AGREEMENT

Paul Heyman is scheduled to return to WWE tonight in his role as the advisor to Brock Lesnar.

Heyman, who has been associated in storyline with Lesnar since very early in his career, has been Lesnar's mouthpiece during Lesnar's most recent run, which started in 2012.

Heyman's contract with WWE expired a few months back, which is why his name had not been mentioned nor graphics of him shown in the promotion of Lesnar's return tonight.

His name was specifically missing two weeks ago during the draft segment when manager types like Maryse and Lana were listed with The Miz and Rusev, while Heyman was not listed with Lesnar.
It had been expected all along that a deal would likely be made by SummerSlam.

WWE sources have confirmed Heyman has reached a deal with the company that will start tonight, continuing in his role. Lesnar returns to Raw tonight at the Phillips Arena in Atlanta as well.

She's from before I started watching. Is she any good? Can she go?
I personally enjoyed her. Was borderline enhancement talent though in her later years on WWE. She had a pretty decent TNA run as well. However the rumors seem to be less on her returning to compete and more her returning to introduce the women's belt to Smackdown.

All things considered, I'd say the Rumble itself was in the top five battle royals I've seen thus far. That's not saying a lot, though, because they're usually not good. I think the event is still worthwhile; it's just more of an in-the-moment kind of thing.

And yeah, Cactus/Triple H lived up to the hype. I don't know if it's a five-star classic, but it's close.
Actually I suppose coming off from say the RR99 match, 2000's one isn't too bad.
At least it has more than two main event wrasslers in it, it has like four!

BREAKING NEWS

HEYMAN HAS REACHED AN AGREEMENT

Not gonna lie, I'm a touch disappointed we wont be getting Lesnar promos of awkwardness now.

Actually I suppose coming off from say the RR99 match, 2000's one isn't too bad.
At least it has more than two main event wrasslers in it, it has like four!

Not gonna lie, I'm a touch disappointed we wont be getting Lesnar promos of awkwardness now.
To be fair, his squeaky "let's do THIIiiiiIIIIS" promo can't be topped.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, ive never seen this before so SIAP, but Luke Harper coming back from injury video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryC2W3KM10Y

I really hope he gets a new gimmick when he comes back. Please dont stick him with the wyatt family again.

Wow this is really good.

I'm fine with him sticking with the Wyatts though, he has a perfect look for them

To be fair, his squeaky "let's do THIIiiiiIIIIS" promo can't be topped.

Greatest Brock soundbyte on the planet

Aiii

So not worth it
tumblr_n9t6i2po4o1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

orioto

Good Art™
That new thread.

Summer slam so far.

Special Inter-promotional match
Randy Orton vs. Brock Lesnar

Women's Title (RAW)
Sasha Banks (c) vs. Charlotte

WWE Universal Title (RAW)
Finn Balor vs. Seth Rollins

WWE World Heavyweight Title (SD)
Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler

Prediction matches

Tag Team Title
New Day (c) vs SWAFT OR the CLUB (RAW)

Becky vs Nata (SD)

Triple threat match for US Title (RAW)
KO vs Zayn vs Rusev

IC Title (SD)
MIZ vs Ryder OR Crews

Is the triple threat a random guess or has it been teased anyway ?
I guess Owens Rusev would retain anyway, Owens and Zayn are glorified jobber at this point.

By the way i checked on that site called IWD, Owens records in NXT: 26 wins, 8 losses. In RAW/Smackdown, 63 wins, 151 losses.
Since April, he had 28 single matches (including house shows). He won 8 of them, versus Cesaro, Zayn, Styles and Neville. Oh and Swagger and Ryder to. Basically Styles is his only upper main event single win in the last 4 months.

That's for people who says it's ok he's still pushed and he beats Cena clean. He's also never featured in any adds for the ppv, and they started giving him more tv promos at some point but completely stopped now.

The crowd likes YASSHI? Could've fooled me with the reactions (or lack of them) he's been getting since his return. Also, Honma and YOSHI-HASHI both play the lovable underdog character, not exactly comparable mate.

I'd also take both of them over YASSHI any day of the week. Should've got Kondo back, at least he's worth a damn.

Brother YASSHI's segments are dead in these Dragon Gate matches, particularly Kobe World. The heat is Tanga Loa low.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Is the triple threat a random guess or has it been teased anyway ?
I guess Owens Rusev would retain anyway, Owens and Zayn are glorified jobber at this point.

wat

Pikma

Banned
I don't even remember adding orioto to my ignore list but I think this gives me an idea of why I did it

Fox318

That new thread.

Summer slam so far.

Special Inter-promotional match
Randy Orton vs. Brock Lesnar

Women's Title (RAW)
Sasha Banks (c) vs. Charlotte

WWE Universal Title (RAW)
Finn Balor vs. Seth Rollins

WWE World Heavyweight Title (SD)
Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler

Prediction matches

Tag Team Title
New Day (c) vs SWAFT OR the CLUB (RAW)

Becky vs Nata (SD)

Triple threat match for US Title (RAW)
KO vs Zayn vs Rusev

IC Title (SD)
MIZ vs Ryder OR Crews

Don't forget Cesaro vs Reigns

and Rusev vs MoJo

orioto

Good Art™

I edited my post, i'm telling you guys you're just no seeing it yet, but it's happening. Of course they can change direction suddenly and push Owens out of nowhere. For Zayn it's normal if it takes time as he starts as an underdog fan favorite, that's his normal trajectory.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dead Ambrose vs Dolph Ziggler... whut? >_>

dont get me wrong, im one of the few Dolph fans but...whut?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I edited my post, i'm telling you guys you're just no seeing it yet, but it's happening. Of course they can change direction suddenly and push Owens out of nowhere. For Zayn it's normal if it takes time as he starts as an underdog fan favorite, that's his normal trajectory.
They're among the most popular wrestlers on the show. You realize guys like Sheamus are literally not even on half of the PPVs and KO and Zayn are always on them, right?

Sephzilla

Heels always lose a ton of matches especially if you count house shows

orioto

Good Art™
They're among the most popular wrestlers on the show. You realize guys like Sheamus are literally not even on half of the PPVs and KO and Zayn are always on them, right?

When they dropped the ball on you when you're been champ 3 times, it's ok, you still have a room for you at the top. That's when they start doing that before you broke the ceiling..

Top Bottom