• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Sephzilla

When they dropped the ball on you when you're been champ 3 times, it's ok, you still have a room for you at the top. That's when they start doing that before you broke the ceiling..

Or maybe they're just changing things up a little so you don't get wastes of time such as multi-time World Champions Shaemus or ADR.

Owens has been on every PPV since he showed up on the main roster. For perspective - the last person to go a full calendar year being on every PPV was The Undertaker and that was when WWE ran significantly fewer PPVs

orioto

Good Art™
Or maybe they're just changing things up a little so you don't get wastes of time such as multi-time World Champions Shaemus or ADR.

Owens has been on every PPV since he showed up on the main roster. For perspective - the last person to go a full calendar year being on every PPV was The Undertaker and that was when WWE ran significantly fewer PPVs

But he's been in a multiman match hell. How many single matches in the last months ? He's midcard filler basically, a popular one for sure.

Current glorified jobbers:

Curtis Axel
Shining Stars
Titus O'Neil
The Vaudevillains
Apollo Crews
#1 contender for some reason Dog Ziggler
Erick Rowan
The Ascension
Heath Slater
Bo Dallas
Sin Cara

Anyone else?

tumblr_n9t6i2po4o1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

Tainted
Blood
Sample

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't even get it. The concept of Zayn and Owens being enhancement talent makes no sense unless you consider every person who ever loses a match to be enhancement talent.

Sephzilla

IMO, Dolph Ziggler is getting his last chance at a sniff of the main event at Summerslam.

Pretty much what I'm thinking this is as well. We'll see if Ziggler actually has the main event chops. If he does, good for him. If not, have fun being midcard HBK for life

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm okay with the Zigs getting another shot, I just want to see him do anything other than "HBK Ripoff."

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You don't have to be so hostile to someone that has a differing viewpoint. This is why people call us hostile and insular.

Orioto, I agree with very little about what you say, but that's okay. That's life. :)

PROGRESS running shows in Birmingham from next year! Also, the 2017 SSS16 is going to be three days long! Cannot wait for that one, goddamn. Best weekend in British wrestling.

The champ of Championship Wrestling of Hollywood is Pretty boy Peter Avalon. He should get a chance to try out for the cruiserweight title

klonere

Banned
Kevin Owens hasn't had a bad PPV showing yet except for that Ryback match.

The match last year with Cesaro was pretty bad for a match with Cesaro imo. Super random and out of nowhere match put in the death spot but still.

PROGRESS running shows in Birmingham from next year! Also, the 2017 SSS16 is going to be three days long! Cannot wait for that one, goddamn. Best weekend in British wrestling.

Sounds great, hope they do well with the Birmingham shows.

A longer SSS sounds amazing.

Now hire some more editors to get the VODs out in time!

Recall

If Kevin Owens doesn't win the world title within 3 years of his main roster debut then he is never getting it. History has shown itself.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How long did it take you to find that? On second thoughts, I don't want to know...

Sending the SO and daughters on holiday is the one time I get to do stuff like major house works, eat unhealthy foods and maybe play vidya games.

tbh I'm a big fan of Shabba Ranks and I've always loved Trailer Load a Girls

Kaladin

President Obama is in Atlanta today attending a convention for disabled veterans as well as a fundraiser. There might be some additional traffic delays due to rolling roadblocks for those trying to get to Philips Arena for Raw tonight depending on the President's schedule.

Sounds like it might be a thin crowd to start the show.

Angry Grimace

You don't have to be so hostile to someone that has a differing viewpoint. This is why people call us hostile and insular.

Orioto, I agree with very little about what you say, but that's okay. That's life. :)
It's not hostile and insular to debate someone's position, particularly when its a quasi-factual assertion like "KO is a jobber."

UFC is really making wwe look so crappy. Look at the build for summer slam, they got balor who is a nobody hot shot him to headline the show and he is vanilla as hell. The promos for UFC 202 is doing what wwe is know for until being taken over by indy wrestling a 100 times better.

Kaladin

UFC is really making wwe look so crappy. Look at the build for summer slam, they got balor who is a nobody hot shot him to headline the show and he is vanilla as hell. The promos for UFC 202 is doing what wwe is know for until being taken over by indy wrestling a 100 times better.

Balor....nobody....vanilla?

Luschient

Pretty much what I'm thinking this is as well. We'll see if Ziggler actually has the main event chops. If he does, good for him. If not, have fun being midcard HBK for life
Be interesting to see if this isn't a prolonged push, if Dolph doesn't hang it up in the next year or so. He seems to really dig the stand-up comedy stuff he's doing and he's also getting into political coverage a bit with Kennedy and covering both the RNC and DNC recently.

Angry Grimace

The build for SummerSlam literally started last week and started with an episode of Raw that people think is among the all-time great episodes.

I mean its fine to not like Balor, a lot of people around here don't, but I think it would have been actively wrong for WWE to not hotshot the guy given that he's undeniably popular.

sora87

I binged some of the shield's matches yesterday, the evolution stuff was really fun and I love how they did a clean sweep at payback. I hope one day we hear the sierra, hotel, india, echo, lima, delta intro again. Preferably against the club. That would be so hype, so very very hype.

Angry Grimace

Shield Reunion will obviously happen at some point, but I would be surprised if it wasn't 10 years down the road when they're basically the equivalent of what Randy Orton is now.

Reigns having the Shield's theme would kind of ruin a lot of the fun though.

Top Bottom