• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| of John Cena and TNA or whatever :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Sam said:
I'm just fascinated to see how Barrett does - see if he's sold as Edge's equal or near equal.

I'm guessing (without reading the spoilers) he gets the win after someone (either from Nexus or the Super Friends) hits Edge with something. But I think they'll make him wrestle a competent match against Edge. He does have a world title shot at some point after all.

Keyser Soze said:
I dont know how this ECW thing is working, but if they dont put over some of TNAs own talent, then it ids pretty much useless.

What the hell is a "TNA?"

This PPV is for EC....EV2.0, and Tommy Dreamer has complete creative control. TNA is packed into the attic for a month.

2zswwhz.jpg

Do Want

Mr. Sam

worldrunover said:
I'm guessing (without reading the spoilers) he gets the win after someone (either from Nexus or the Super Friends) hits Edge with something. But I think they'll make him wrestle a competent match against Edge. He does have a world title shot at some point after all.

Wasn't Barrett stripped of that? Then given it back. Then stripped of it again.

Hex

Banned
BoboBrazil said:
Woo Dixie Carter just confirmed Sabu for Hardcore Justice. Nice

But can he actually hit his moves?
I can not count how many times he misses the triple jump but I do love to watch him, especially since RVD and Fonzie will be there.

Linkified

worldrunover said:
Yeah I lost track. I'm just assuming he still has it, otherwise NXT season 1 was completely pointless.

Eugene said they would get them after 90 days had passed I think it was aftwer Vince got done in by them.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I've noticed a lot when Cole reads the GM's email, he reading a card laying on the keyboard and not the screen.

JdFoX187

Banned
worldrunover said:
Yeah it's pretty obvious. Plus the GM is like the fastest typer ever.
I understand the reasoning behind that. It'd seem stupid for the GM to reply to stuff that happened five minutes prior, or whatever. But the way it's run now is just as bad. I like the idea of an anonymous GM, but WWE is doing a piss poor job of selling it at the moment.

Awesome match from 2000, the BattlArts style is fantastic when they get it right, some great scientific wrestling in this one;

Naoki Sano (c) vs Minoru Tanaka (BattlArts 01.30.00)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMfAysTSB0Y - 1/2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIj5WssUUBc - 2/2

Naoki Sano (AKA Takuma Sano as he's now known in Pro Wrestling NOAH) defends the Independent Junior Heavywight Championship against Minoru Tanaka in a shoot-style bout that starts off technical before breaking down into some stiff, hard-hitting action - from BattlArts 01/30/00 event.

JdFoX187 said:
I understand the reasoning behind that. It'd seem stupid for the GM to reply to stuff that happened five minutes prior, or whatever. But the way it's run now is just as bad. I like the idea of an anonymous GM, but WWE is doing a piss poor job of selling it at the moment.

Maybe have him call Cole on the phone? I dunno.

JdFoX187

Banned
worldrunover said:
Maybe have him call Cole on the phone? I dunno.
That could work. I would say something like the GM calls in and has a voice synthesizer, but I think that might sound a little too hokey.

I know they are hitting us over the head with it, but I like the fact that the Super Friends are fighting. It just makes more sense.

JdFoX187

Banned
As long as Nexus goes over at Summer Fest. But I have a feeling that's not going to happen. Just wish they could have gone another month or two before doing this. It'd be a perfect setup for Survivor Series.

Seraphis Cain said:
Wow. So I totally just found out that a kid I used to hang out with now wrestles for CZW/ROH/EVOLVE.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sami_Callihan

Damn. I remember when that kid was like, really not that big at all. :lol

Wow, that's awesome - I love Sami in wXw (Germany), he's great tagging with Jon Moxley as the Switchblade Conspiracy. Hope he gets another chance in ROH soon - he was only really used as enhancement talent for the HDnet show, but i'd love to see what he could do given a big singles match against say, Aries or Strong.

JdFoX187 said:
As long as Nexus goes over at Summer Fest. But I have a feeling that's not going to happen. Just wish they could have gone another month or two before doing this. It'd be a perfect setup for Survivor Series.

Unless they want to kill the best angle they've had in months (years?) I think they'll put Nexus over at Summerfest.

You know all this "Summerfest" talk reminds me of a year ago when Jeremy Piven banned the Miz from Summerslam.

How far the Miz has come in a year!

krae_man

Miz was awesome a year ago too, he just wasn't getting pushed. That was right around the time Cener squashed him on PPV inside 3 minutes right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom