• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

I'm pretty sure that Ultraviolet isn't meant to be an effective digital distribution system but rahter something they can point to when dealing with governments/courts to show that they are totally making the product available online, so they totally need ridiculous statuatory damages and harsher laws. That or it was designed by someone who's never made an online transaction and probably doesn't believe in QA.

I don't think the former is true.

Makes me wonder how much better the implementation is with Disney and its version of the same thing.

I certainly like the idea of Ultaviolet (a system that lets me stream content I bought on disc).

Of course in reality its easiler for me to just rip discs I own instead. Though my current bandwidth limits makes that not very useful when I'm away from home.

Shaneus

Aw yea, passed university. Sooo done with that phase of my life.
BCjcHyZ.jpg

jambo

They know why it's rampant, they just prefer to spend the money that could be used improving delivery methods on suing people instead. Spite is more fun for them.

This method worked out so well for the music industry.

Speaking of the music industry, the few time I got Blu-rays with iTunes digital copies they were great. Just open iTunes, put the code in and you're done.

quabba

Well I just spent $110 on us psn grabbing gtav infamous and evil within, and now wolf new order is $35us shipped on amazon...so tempting but I think I've overspent already

senahorse

This storm damage is looking pretty nuts :S Somehow the gap managed to escape the storm this time but all the buses/ trains to the city seem to be down. I hope you guys can get to work okay. My Italian class was cancelled so back to bed I go.

Congrats :D

I just got confirmation that I can graduate too! Hi five~

I got to work, and power is still down for my building and half of the campus for that matter. I have come home to work.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
The following picture never gets old, I watched a blu-ray the other day and had this expereince. Now if only there was a streaming service that had everything available :(

why-people-pirate-movies-steps-to-watching-video.jpg

one of the blue ray box sets i have for star trek tng spoils the next season with an unskippable trailer before the first episode of the current season.

senahorse

one of the blue ray box sets i have for star trek tng spoils the next season with an unskippable trailer before the first episode of the current season.

Don't you hate it when that happens, there are a few movies on netflix that spoil the movie with the picture associated with it.

edit: which season is that?, I am watching TNG for the first time, and have watched every season (bar the last), of course I didn't notice anything though.

TheBear

Just tried to buy X-COM Enemy Within off Amazon and got this email:

Hello,

We cannot complete this order because you must use a U.S. billing address and a credit or debit card issued by a U.S. bank to buy a game or software download on Amazon.com.

Amazon Games and Software Downloads are available for purchase and download only within the United States and its territories and possessions. To learn more about purchasing these items, search “Buy a Game or Software Download” in the Help section of Amazon.com.

If you believe that we have canceled your order in error, please reply to this email and let us know.

Does anyone know if this is a new policy?

Stackboy

I know most of you pinball fans prefer The Pinball Arcade, but Humble Bundle has cheap bundles of Pinball FX 2 tables today. For $6 you get some fun looking stuff. I bit because it had a Deadpool table.

I know most of you pinball fans prefer The Pinball Arcade, but Humble Bundle has cheap bundles of Pinball FX 2 tables today. For $6 you get some fun looking stuff. I bit because it had a Deadpool table.

I jumped on it for $1. I wanted to try the other Star Wars tables.

Congrats Shan!

The following picture never gets old, I watched a blu-ray the other day and had this expereince. Now if only there was a streaming service that had everything available :(

why-people-pirate-movies-steps-to-watching-video.jpg

Yup. I fucking hate all that bullshit red tape. Put it elsewhere. I want to watch a fucking movie already.

TheBear

Weird, I buy from amazon like that every time, never had issues.

Make sure the US address is set as the default checkout address.

Tried it again and got another cancelIation. Buying PSN cards still works though using the same address and credit card.

EDIT: Tried both my Visa and Mastercard. No dice.

Any chance one of you guys could try it out yourselves? Happy to pay for the game if it ends up working for you.

Tried it again and got another cancelIation. Buying PSN cards still works though using the same address and credit card.

EDIT: Tried both my Visa and Mastercard. No dice.

Any chance one of you guys could try it out yourselves? Happy to pay for the game if it ends up working for you.

What are you trying to buy? Send me the link and i'll check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom