• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no :(

Clive are you still gonna be at Nova?

at A155 helping out the Cap'n. I think that means mucking out the stables or something. They have horses at Supanova, right?

Wouldn't it still be under warranty?

launch PS4, that I bought in the US when I was living there to totally out of warranty. I ignored it because apparently Sony doesn't make total shit products. Well, I appear to have been mistaken in that belief. They have caught up.

Weighing up a replacement rather than a repair since it's my Region A bluray player and I have a fair few region locked discs.

Gazunta

Oh that reminds me - BRISGAF, HERE IS YOUR SUPANOVA CHECKLIST, SAY HI TO YOUR AUSGAF BRETHREN:

Artist Alley table A108 - AusGAF's Gazunta! BLOW THE CARTRIDGE!
Guest Artist table A155 - AusGAF's ClivePwned helping rep AusGAF's Space Captain Steve's BLADE KITTEN! Two AusGAFfers for the price of one!
Artist Alley table A060 - AusGAF's own Bulbagarden - POKéMON FANARTISTS!

...any others? :)

It seems to go away if you leave the PS4 unplugged for a bit. But that just turns a PS4 into a Wii U.

14648njfe.gif

Seems most likely to a component issue then, keeps fluttering the ON position. Did Sony say if opening it would void the warranty?

Did you buy it through Amazon? Worth giving Sony a call if not and stating your case in the hopes they just repair it anyway.

Tommy DJ

The Playstation TV is an abomination. It is not worth even close to $100 unless you need to mirror your PS4 on another TV in another room. I actually cannot think of anything it executed well.

I'm interested in the meetup, will have to check some other stuff to work out if I can make it though.

Also if theres any AusPokeGAF, I have an Eon Ticket and am probably going to loiter around Brisbane EBgames locations tomorrow/Saturday (thinking of doing Albert St, Myer Centre, Wesfields Carindale and Garden City). If there's a time for those locations or a nearby location that would be more accessible let me know by PM and Ill try work something else. Not going to Supanova sadly.

Stackboy

Have fun at Supanova this weekend guys, we originally planned to go, just to check it out, but it's my wifes bday this weekend, we have Lion King tickets and she's calling the shots this weekend, understandably.

New Steam sale, lots on my wishlist on sale, but I am staying strong
but I will cave during the Xmas sale in a month.

ShyGuy

Hi All, I don't post here much but thought to ask here if any you guys were incensed by the Geometry Wars 3 price? (PS4)

I'm puzzled as to how it is AU$22.95 but is US$15

I know we always get higher prices, but I was expecting a standard $19.95!

Anyway I'll go back to lurking...

Stackboy

Hi All, I don't post here much but thought to ask here if any you guys were incensed by the Geometry Wars 3 price? (PS4)

I'll wait for a steam special or a console price drop. Game looks good though.

Yeah that's weird considering its $19.95 on Xbox. The publisher sets prices don't they?

ShyGuy

WTF!

I have photographic proof it said $22.95 last night on my PS4...

But today, on the web-store, it says AU$19.75!

I'm a PS+ member but it's not telling me I have a discount, so that must be the new regular price?!??

Shaneus

Australia is always shitty with the PSN pricing. A $30US Pinball Arcade table pack costs more than $40AU here.

jambo

WTF!

I have photographic proof it said $22.95 last night on my PS4...

But today, on the web-store, it says AU$19.75!

I'm a PS+ member but it's not telling me I have a discount, so that must be the new regular price?!??

Aussie pricing on Steam, PSN and Live has often jumped around a bit with new releases.

Did Lego City Undercover only get a limited print run or something? New copies seem hard to find.

Really want this AND Super Luigi U

Fredescu

Do you guys reckon a kid who hasn't gotten into complex games could get into Lego City? I'm trying to find my son something character based that lets him just wander around and figure shit out on his own without too much prodding.

He loves the characters in Little Big Planet, but the difficulty ramps up quickly with grabs and such. NSMB is too hard and has time limits. He liked crashing cars in Motorstorm, and just experimenting with going up hills and marvelling at all his parts falling off.

So I guess I was thinking something Lego or something Skylanders, but I don't know much about either series. I was even considering Smash Bros.

Do you guys reckon a kid who hasn't gotten into complex games could get into Lego City? I'm trying to find my son something character based that lets him just wander around and figure shit out on his own without too much prodding.

He loves the characters in Little Big Planet, but the difficulty ramps up quickly with grabs and such. NSMB is too hard and has time limits. He liked crashing cars in Motorstorm, and just experimenting with going up hills and marvelling at all his parts falling off.

So I guess I was thinking something Lego or something Skylanders, but I don't know much about either series. I was even considering Smash Bros.

I would recommend any Lego game for kids, Lego Batman, Lego Marvel and Lego Movie have all the characters, whereas Lego City just has one character who has to change costumes to use differing abilities. That said, It is still my favourite Lego game of all time (after Lego Star Wars II).

Skylanders and Disney Infinity are good for kids but also open the door into that world of hurt of buying the figures.

That said, I don't have kids, so I don't know. So many kids titles are on mobile these days.

Gazunta

it is seriously fucking impossible to buy a CRT television anywhere. I think I'll have to resort to using a spare LCD monitor but it just won't look the same :/

And yeah LEGO Marvel is fan freaking tastic once you unlock the free roam around New York mode. There's like three levels of story to get through beforehand though.

Gazunta

Woah, that sounds like what I'm looking for. How may Lego games have free roam/open world stuff? I kind of assumed Lego City was the only one.

From what I hear that's a pretty standard feature these days, I know it's in the new Batman one too. The only problem is that sometimes (in the case of Marvel) you have to play through some linear levels first.

PAX pox flared up again, finally got anti-biotics >_<

Did. Yet to hear back, will give them a few hours to get to it this morning. If not, will call them up by midday.
I got my email voucher before the end of October so something is def off. Check your billing email address but it should go to the same email address as their 5 a week marketing emails. Comes from PlayStation@eu.playstationmail.net.

We get fucked over fairly constantly on non-1st party stuff.

Transistor was $29 at launch here! $29!!

Even the Resogun season pass was like 50% more expensive here >_<

Rubs me the wrong way.

And yeah, prices are set by publisher, not Sony. Tearaway was like $30 on PSN at launch!

Did Lego City Undercover only get a limited print run or something? New copies seem hard to find.
It got a Nintendo run, so it never dropped in price or got another print run.

Cheapest I saw it was $45.

NSMB is too hard and has time limits.
Preach good man! Fuck those mandatory time limits are STUPID AS FUCK.

Anyway, my son has dropped 20+ hours into LEGO Batman 2 on Vita. Can't go wrong with LEGO games.

The new one is meant to be feature parity with the consoles finally. Missed out on the open world stuff in Batman 2.

Skylanders is great, you can get figures cheap these days. Knack is his favourite game though, despite how tough it is.

it is seriously fucking impossible to buy a CRT television anywhere. I think I'll have to resort to using a spare LCD monitor but it just won't look the same :/
Tried op shops? Might have to get into the gritty parts of Brisbane to find an old TV repair place with one lol

Let me gumtree that for you
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-tv-dvd-players/brisbane/crt+tv/k0c18316l3005721

did you try just driving down random streets and seeing who has left a perfectly good CRT on the side of the house? I bet you'd need all of 15 minutes before you found one. We once left a TV outside and it was gone before we'd even got back into the house.

in a pinch, try the people who do ecycling, e-waste or whatever they call themselves in Brisbane or Logan.

OKAY BRISGAF

It has been decided: I'll be milling around the Tomahawk bar from 6:30pm on Saturday. You guys who need to pack up tables or sign a bunch of autographs or whatever at Supanova just make your way over when you are ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom