• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

Whatever it can do, really!

I guess I'd mainly be using it for videos/games/reading. I also wouldn't mind messing around with some music making programs or whatever.

Well I use mine a lot for reading (News/Blogs with Feedly, Books with various bookreading apps, Comics), plus streaming video and sometimes music/podcasts.

As for games, I just use t to play card/board games as I feel its the only genre naturally good with a touch/interface.

guys playing pokemon in japanese is hard
I don't wanna do that, I just want to be able to explain to the bus driver that I'm on the wrong bus to the wrong town in Japanese, without having to be extremely lucky and have a local that speaks English bail me out.

... not that this situation has ever happened to me. Nope, it sure hasn't. >_>

MoonGred

Wooo! Just got 20 iPad Air's delivered at work. That means I get to keep my current work iPad 3.

Sweet, never actually owned an iPad before, what can I do with this thing?

Nothing at all unfortunately =(
whatever you do, never attempt to rip dvds you own with the intention of putting them on your ipad as that is just a waste of time/lost cause

After a 2 month hiatus of the idle thumbs podcast I decided to give it another go, 30min in and we're back to gamergate discussions which was the main reason I took a break from it.

seanoff

So Phil Hughes got hit in the head by a bouncer during a Shield game at the SCG, had to be given CPR and is now in a critical condition at hospital. I'm legitimately worried he might die.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/phil-hughes-knocked-out-by-bouncer-at-scg-20141125-11titq.html

i suspect he did die.

looked at the vision and he is clearly hypoxic when they are taking him off on the medicab. his face is purple.

they really had to fight even to get him to st vinnies. they flew in an ED doc, he arrived at hospital intubated and on life support. was a very quick MRI i suspect when he got there and then surgery, ASAP.

he is in a really bad way. i wonder what the surgery odds are. they aren't saying. but it must be a significant injury to stop him breathing.

Quasar

My connection is as rubbish as usual, no change on my end.

Well I did ask about it on my ISPs forums, and a support guy responded saying he checked my connection and there was nothing out of the ordinary. Which makes sense given it seems only downloads from PSN are at crawling speed.

Annoying. So I'm still stuck unable to progress Dragon Age beyond the opening sequence as its still slowing downloading stuff.

I do wonder why its the first time I've had issues with PSN downloading to my PS4 (I've been all digital so far).

Carton

He was. It got him in the neck

I believe it struck his head, directly or through the helmet i'm not sure. He underwent emergency neurosurgery to release the pressure within his skull, which would have acutely risen secondary to an acute bleed following the trauma.

Acute rises in pressure within the skull give classic signs of high blood pressure, a slow pulse and irregular breathing, which likely became so severe/absent, prompting the resuscitation he received at the ground.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I believe it struck his head, directly or through the helmet i'm not sure. He underwent emergency neurosurgery to release the pressure within his skull, which would have acutely risen secondary to an acute bleed following the trauma.

Acute rises in pressure within the skull give classic signs of high blood pressure, a slow pulse and irregular breathing, which likely became so severe/absent, prompting the resuscitation he received at the ground.

You're probably right. I likely read wrong information. Especially if he had pressure in his skull, that's not super likely to occur via a neck trauma.

Hope the guy pulls through.

BRIS GAF MEET UP THIS SATURDAY

Alright, time to firm this up! A show of hands who will be joining for some drinks and food saturday evening.

Stackboy

So Phil Hughes got hit in the head by a bouncer during a Shield game at the SCG, had to be given CPR and is now in a critical condition at hospital. I'm legitimately worried he might die.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/phil-hughes-knocked-out-by-bouncer-at-scg-20141125-11titq.html

That really sucks, I feel for the guy who bowled to him as well.

Saw Ratcat last night. They were pretty badarse.

Pretty jealous to be honest. Back when Ratcat was a thing in Australia I wasn't really old enough to know they were good, but I was a big fan of Rage (the tv show not the game, although the game is ok) and dug their music videos.

Shaneus

Pretty jealous to be honest. Back when Ratcat was a thing in Australia I wasn't really old enough to know they were good, but I was a big fan of Rage (the tv show not the game, although the game is ok) and dug their music videos.
Yeah, it was a great show. Pretty much everyone was of the age where they would've been around 12-13 (or even a little younger) when they were big in the early 90s. Very good live act, plus my girlfriend getting nervous seeing Simon Day in the beer garden beforehand (and hearing them soundcheck) made the night worth it :)

Yeah, it was a great show. Pretty much everyone was of the age where they would've been around 12-13 (or even a little younger) when they were big in the early 90s. Very good live act, plus my girlfriend getting nervous seeing Simon Day in the beer garden beforehand (and hearing them soundcheck) made the night worth it :)

Go buy Geometry Wars 3 Shaneus. It's not quite as good as the first two, but it's still definitely worth picking up.

jambo

After we lost one of our dogs, a Beagle who ran away whilst staying at our parent's farm, we decided xmas was the time to get another. Also so our Kelpie won't be so lonely when we're out of the house.

He's a Beagle x Border Collie, currently 3 weeks old.

We have a scifi theme with our dogs, so far Riker and Ripley, and now Reginald Barclay

CVb5rN6l.jpg

lOXTaGOl.jpg

Picking him up on the 23rd of December, so great timing.

markot

Banned
After we lost one of our dogs, a Beagle who ran away whilst staying at our parent's farm, we decided xmas was the time to get another. Also so our Kelpie won't be so lonely when we're out of the house.

He's a Beagle x Border Collie, currently 3 weeks old.

We have a scifi theme with our dogs, so far Riker and Ripley, and now Reginald Barclay

CVb5rN6l.jpg

lOXTaGOl.jpg

Picking him up on the 23rd of December, so great timing.

Hope you kept the receipt. Talk about ugg dogs!

Shaneus

Go buy Geometry Wars 3 Shaneus. It's not quite as good as the first two, but it's still definitely worth picking up.
I definitely will! Think I might've missed the usual Steam preorder discount, but maybe GMG have a discount that'll work. Sales Octopus?

Only getting on PC though, because if I wanted to play a good GW game on consoles, I have the first two.

I definitely will! Think I might've missed the usual Steam preorder discount, but maybe GMG have a discount that'll work. Sales Octopus?

Only getting on PC though, because if I wanted to play a good GW game on consoles, I have the first two.

An ideal scenario would be if Geom Wars 2 got a PC release. Sadly, that ship has long since sailed!

In truth, 3 isn't as good in a number of ways (it might be better in a few, but I haven't spent enough time with it yet to really know) but it's not nearly the train wreck I thought it was going to be.

This is something I really needed because my 360 is literally a Geometry Wars 2 box and since it's an OG model it's really only a matter of time before it dies... and before the leaderboards disappear forever. So, this isn't AS good... but it is good enough to get me back on the wagon.

I'll probably double dip on Steam when I can grab it for $5.

Just how much is it a mashup with Superstardust (I preferred that over GW1)?

Adventure mode is where you see the SSD influence shining through, but the classic modes are pretty faithful reproductions of Geometry Wars 2 modes.

TxK is still the best score attack game released this year, but Geom 3 has a pretty generous amount of content and is solid all round.

Dude. I've put more hours into OlliOlli on Vita than I have TxK.

I picked it up shortly after launch knowing it was a game I would love... but now it sits on my pile of shame. At least it's digital so it doesn't taunt me with a shrink wrapped box.

I'll get around to it. I'm sure when I do I'll be thoroughly addicted!

Shaneus

I picked it up shortly after launch knowing it was a game I would love... but now it sits on my pile of shame. At least it's digital so it doesn't taunt me with a shrink wrapped box.

I'll get around to it. I'm sure when I do I'll be thoroughly addicted!
It's basically an endless runner game but it ends (so it's a "runner" game?), so the mechanics are simple and you can spend a quick 30 seconds on it. You don't need to play continuously or grind (excuse the pun) through it a la TxK. Just play it for 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom