• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashtrax

Friends are selling an Onkyo HT-R391 receiver plus surround sound speakers for $250. Is that a good deal?

If you're not fussed about 4K and HDR video or high resolution audio yet, then it's decent. It pretty much supports everything bar those two video features and super high end surround (Atmos & DTS:X).

It is a little lacking on the number of HDMI ports available though (four), so I wouldn't pay any more for it.

Hope that helps!

MoonGred

How did you manage to forget?

I was looking at their express RMA where they place a hold on your CC until they receive the faulty DRAM, but don't know if I can be bothered with it, they also want to place a hold on 170pounds, the local price is $160aud.

jambo

How did you manage to forget?

I was looking at their express RMA where they place a hold on your CC until they receive the faulty DRAM, but don't know if I can be bothered with it, they also want to place a hold on 170pounds, the local price is $160aud.

When I bought it we had some extra money left over so I got a new video card, getting rid of my SLI setup. Meant less power required, so I didn't need to get my busted PSU fixed up as quickly. I did the forms after a few weeks and got it ready to send off, but it's probably still sitting in my study >_>

Sorry to bother you all

When do you think would be the optimal point to to buy a EB PS4 bundle in terms of value/cost? (In terms of good bundles/sales). I have very little disposable income and just want to make sure I'm not wasting money buy buying right now.

Sorry to bother you all

When do you think would be the optimal point to to buy a EB PS4 bundle in terms of value/cost? (In terms of good bundles/sales). I have very little disposable income and just want to make sure I'm not wasting money buy buying right now.

At a guess post E3 next month and Scorpio pricing coming out.

Sorry to bother you all

Two things: Don't limit yourself to EB or you'll be shooting yourself in the foot, and two, keep an eye on ozbargain.

Sorry to bother you all

Depends a lot on what games you want!

yeah, a month out from E3, you're probably better waiting and seeing though you probably have better luck of price cuts and bundles later in the year.

I'm in Japan and it's wild. Skipped the maid cafes in Akiba but Super Potato was fun. I managed to restrain my lizard brain and only walked away with a single game.

Quasar

I actually assumed there was already cross subsidies, which I'm fine with generally.

That said my budget is stretched enough that I might have to scale back my service if $7 is added on top. Not that I blame RSPs, they seem to be running in razor thin margins.

Of course who knows what chance this kind of thing has in the Senate. I guess under the threat of shittier service senators will vote for it.

Shaneus

I didn't think Shorten's response was too bad, and it gave me the opportunity to go to town on Michaelia Cash via twitter. It's just too easy.

I actually assumed there was already cross subsidies, which I'm fine with generally.

That said my budget is stretched enough that I might have to scale back my service if $7 is added on top. Not that I blame RSPs, they seem to be running in razor thin margins.

Of course who knows what chance this kind of thing has in the Senate. I guess under the threat of shittier service senators will vote for it.

honestly if we were getting the Network we were meant to be paying for then i would be fine with it as well

instead mum and Dad are investing all the $$ in to the training wheels instead of just buying the Bike !

Fredescu

Pretty terrible. But I guess less terrible than the Hockey budget.

C_lhG7JVwAAYRiR.jpg

Quasar

I didn't think Shorten's response was too bad, and it gave me the opportunity to go to town on Michaelia Cash via twitter. It's just too easy.

Well his non comments on random drug tests for welfare recipients and the expansion of the welfare card program was enough to make it terrible for me.

Dmax3901

So I just signed up to the McGrath Foundation (breast cancer) cause I wanted to give the door knocker a commission cause I work in customer service myself. Am I an idiot?

So I just signed up to the McGrath Foundation (breast cancer) cause I wanted to give the door knocker a commission cause I work in customer service myself. Am I an idiot?

dafuq? Is this one of those things where they direct debit donations monthly?
Why should a commision to a charity collector be a thing?

iphone has flat out stopped charging and i dont have a backup phone.

great.

You could try a battery replacement. I tried it for when my phone through the wash (too far gone) but if you get one of those kits, it's not too hard (provided you don't rip the ribbon cables like i did). I would probably just go to a phone repairer and get them to do it, they'd be relatively quick and much safer.

I got a scanditech kit (battery and all of the tools you need) off UK amazon for 20 pounds. I don't know how much a pro repairer would charge to change a battery (figure $100? minimum)

Cerity

Picked up the 3d printer aldi were selling today, I've spent all day tinkering with it, fun stuff.

I got a scanditech kit (battery and all of the tools you need) off UK amazon for 20 pounds. I don't know how much a pro repairer would charge to change a battery (figure $100? minimum)

I used to charge $25 to 50 for battery replacements when I was repairing phones. Most batteries can be had for $20 or less, anything on top was just the difficulty of replacing.

Cerity

$499, it's a rebranded wanhao duplicator i3 plus, which is generally goes for $700-800 with local sellers. $500USD from overseas.

Good luck getting one now though, I got to my local aldi at 8:10 yesterday and managed to nab the last one. Some places selling out right away going by the whirlpool thread.

Sigh Wish we had Crap like this =Lootcrate with retro games

they dont even offer overpriced Shipping ( they just wont ship at all)

might use a parcel forwarder for at least one Box but its way to Costly to be A long term thing.

https://theretro.co.uk/

first post back after....extended absence

my international friends at uni keep asking me why its so cold stating "its supposed to be australia, always sunny and nice, why is sydney so cold??"

i always answer "i don't know either"

jambo

Because we live in a real country, not a tourism ad?

EDIT: Did your avatar just change Hierophant, or am I losing my mind?!?!

Because we live in a real country, not a tourism ad?

EDIT: Did your avatar just change Hierophant, or am I losing my mind?!?!

yeah i'm changing to celebrate my ban being lifted

or you're hallucinating, did you take some pingas recently?

speaking of pingas, midnight looked fun lol

do australian house price articles often come up on OT? people on the thread make reference to it but i don't pay much attention, how do people generally lean on GAF?

Shaneus

do australian house price articles often come up on OT? people on the thread make reference to it but i don't pay much attention, how do people generally lean on GAF?
I think it came up from the official Time twitter account, they tweeted this story (except syndicated onto their own site, I think).

Source: An American podcaster I follow on Twitter tweeted it.

And for what it's worth, I think we all think house prices are way too fucking expensive.

Fredescu

If bootstrap culture can be described as the assumption that poor people just need to do xyz like I did, then yes. Read the Whirlpool forums and you'll run into it plenty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom