• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

quabba

"Low stock" seems to be false on their website, several places I'd checked prior to seeing stock levels as "low" had none in at all.

Thanks Rep, bought online. I can breathe now!

Uhh I just got a text that my click and collect order from this morning is ready. I'm skeptical since my store said it had two in stock but they couldn't find them anywhere. Hopefully they don't text until the click and collect counter actually has the game in hand...

Rubixcuba

Banned
So are midnight launches ever worth it?

I went to the Wii U one at Charlestown up here in Newcastle. I had thought, "Yeah, this will be rad, there will be some weird party vibe with other hyped up fans! Playable Wii U and free stuff!".

I arrived around 10:30pm like the dingus I was to find no one there, and the most bored EB games staff ever who had stayed back to open a store with absolute zero fanfare. Once 11:30pm came around there was a dozen people standing around making the smallest of small talk.

I only live 5 minutes away from my local EB Games now, so I'm probably still goooooooing to go because I'm an ultra dingus, but strewth - zero hype.

Rizzi

So are midnight launches ever worth it?

I went to the Wii U one at Charlestown up here in Newcastle. I had thought, "Yeah, this will be rad, there will be some weird party vibe with other hyped up fans! Playable Wii U and free stuff!".

I arrived around 10:30pm like the dingus I was to find no one there, and the most bored EB games staff ever who had stayed back to open a store with absolute zero fanfare. Once 11:30pm came around there was a dozen people standing around making the smallest of small talk.

I only live 5 minutes away from my local EB Games now, so I'm probably still goooooooing to go because I'm an ultra dingus, but strewth - zero hype.

They're never worth it.

quabba

They're never worth it.

Pretty much, I considered going to one for the switch becuase I have a 7am flight on release day so I won't be able to pick one up from my local store. Ended up placing a pre-order at EB Hobart so I'll pick it up from there once I land.

Jintor

you have to MAKE it worth it.

be THAT guy (or girl). turn up with a boombox and a camping kit.

embarass the FUCK out of everyone for daring to be into videogames.*

*i've never done this but it sounds like a good idea.

Went to IGN/PSau's preview event for Horizon: Zero Dawn this evening. Game presents and plays really well, but there was a pretty strict demo area in effect which got a bit tedious.

Australian born Joel Eschler, Senior Producer at Guerrilla, was present for a presentation and Q&A session which was enlightening and succeeded in humanizing the game.

Refreshments aplenty, and even in-house archery to keep your adrenaline pumping for fear of death!

Great night out! 7.8/10

Positives:
- Did not die by arrow.

Negatives:
- Did not win any prizes, pre-order cancelled.

Went to IGN/PSau's preview event for Horizon: Zero Dawn this evening. Game presents and plays really well, but there was a pretty strict demo area in effect which got a bit tedious.

Australian born Joel Eschler, Senior Producer at Guerrilla, was present for a presentation and Q&A session which was enlightening and succeeded in humanizing the game.

Refreshments aplenty, and even in-house archery to keep your adrenaline pumping for fear of death!

Great night out! 7.8/10

Positives:
- Did not die by arrow.

Negatives:
- Did not win any prizes, pre-order cancelled.

Woo! :)

since at least 80% of you guys are IT guys, what do I do to get rid of UpdateAdmin?

I needed a thing to convert wav files to OGG files and looked at LameXP to do conversions and I ended up with this shit ad malware on my bootcamp partition. When I go to control panel/Programs and Features on Win 10 to uninstall, I get a "Do you want to allow this program control of your computer" dialogue.

what's the safest way to get rid of this fucker?

also, there are two text files in an asian language font suddenly on my Quick Access bar, apaprently on my desktop. How to nuke these as well?

Shaneus

Uhh I just got a text that my click and collect order from this morning is ready. I'm skeptical since my store said it had two in stock but they couldn't find them anywhere. Hopefully they don't text until the click and collect counter actually has the game in hand...
Where are you based? I'm pretty sure the Target supply office is in Sydney, so if it's a Syd. store then that'd explain it. However I'm in Melbourne so I guess it's going to take a little while.

Wife works at Target, you'd think she'd be able to pull some strings... but noooo.

quabba

Where are you based? I'm pretty sure the Target supply office is in Sydney, so if it's a Syd. store then that'd explain it. However I'm in Melbourne so I guess it's going to take a little while.

Wife works at Target, you'd think she'd be able to pull some strings... but noooo.

I'm in Cairns so there's really no chance of new stock getting up here that fast unless it was already on its way.

There's at least a couple of copies of Yakuza 0 at Target Wollongong if that's useful to anyone. Plus TLG for $40 which is a pretty good price I reckon.

Card Boy

Banned
Thinking of biting the bullet on the PS4 Pro. EB has it for for normal price but you get For Honor Deluxe Edition with it. Gamesmen has it for 498 if you can pick it up locally but postage is like $16-$18.

KrisB

since at least 80% of you guys are IT guys, what do I do to get rid of UpdateAdmin?

I needed a thing to convert wav files to OGG files and looked at LameXP to do conversions and I ended up with this shit ad malware on my bootcamp partition. When I go to control panel/Programs and Features on Win 10 to uninstall, I get a "Do you want to allow this program control of your computer" dialogue.

what's the safest way to get rid of this fucker?

also, there are two text files in an asian language font suddenly on my Quick Access bar, apaprently on my desktop. How to nuke these as well?
I've always used Spybot to get rid of malware like that (free version does the job)
https://www.safer-networking.org/
- Install it.
- Run a scan and see if it picks up the one you have
- Also go through the startup section, and remove any registry entries for the malware scripted to start on bootup

I've always used Spybot to get rid of malware like that (free version does the job)
https://www.safer-networking.org/
- Install it.
- Run a scan and see if it picks up the one you have
- Also go through the startup section, and remove any registry entries for the malware scripted to start on bootup

malwarebytes also good. cccleaner, also good.

if in doubt, nuke pc from orbit/restore point that shit

nuke from orbit sounds good. It's only got a few steam installs and SVN stuff, both of which can be restored easily enough (everything of importance is done on the Mac partition). The malware stuff kept being detected quarantined and deleted, then I couldn't sign back in. fuck that.

https://youtu.be/tESIhIkY_yc?t=4m32s

quabba

Picked up my copy of Yakuza from target, they did have it so not sure how it got here so fast.

There's at least a couple of copies of Yakuza 0 at Target Wollongong if that's useful to anyone. Plus TLG for $40 which is a pretty good price I reckon.

Ah man I just looked at TLG last week when looking for Yakuza and it was $79

Shaneus

Picked up my copy of Yakuza from target, they did have it so not sure how it got here so fast.
I'm tracking mine via Toll with the number they sent me, it's apparently on board for delivery as of 8:20am. Did you get an email from Target saying it was ready for pickup?

quabba

I'm tracking mine via Toll with the number they sent me, it's apparently on board for delivery as of 8:20am. Did you get an email from Target saying it was ready for pickup?

Yeah I got an email and text on the 15th saying ready for pickup and grabbed it after work yesterday.

Keep an eye on the online store. They had it up again for $39 but out of stock again now.

If I'm back that way I'll go and scan a box on the shelf. They had a few copies in store the other day.

Keep an eye on the online store. They had it up again for $39 but out of stock again now.

i was able to get JB to match the standerd ED but not the steel book copies ,not long ago and the target near by didnt even have stock they just looked at the web price

also arnt there steel book copies floating around at $50 somthing now ?

That ending to M.Night's Split might be the most amazing thing I've seen this year and I might have been the only one in the theatre who knew what it meant.

Damn there are so many movies I want to see right now.
I would have loved if it was actually relevant to the story and not just a fun aside elevated too far by its placement.

Speaking of deliveries, I have good news: your guy is picking up the PVMs Saturday week (25th).

Quasar

Really am going to have to cancel my Prime Video sub. My main reason for the sub is the exclusive simulcast anime, and every week there's a 50% chance of any show not having english subs. And so every week I complain and they apologise but never get around to fixing it.

Bloody hell. John Wick 2 is now coming May 11 in Australia.

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2017/02/john-wick-2-has-another-new-australian-release-date/

By the time it comes out here. The blu ray copy will be up on torrent websites.

Yeah, I just don't understand. Is it just to spite fans who've complained so vehemently, or is it Event burning the distributor for not having their shit together in the first place?

Either way, extremely disappointing. Would be a bit shit if it dropped on Blu-ray before cinemas.

Rezbit

Hey AusGAF! My GF and I are gonna be in Tokyo for 4 days in April. Got a few things planned but still have some time for other stuff. Anyone got any must-do recommends?

Hey AusGAF! My GF and I are gonna be in Tokyo for 4 days in April. Got a few things planned but still have some time for other stuff. Anyone got any must-do recommends?
If you like Ghibli films, definitely the Studio Ghibli museum. It's a bit out of the way and is a whole day pretty much, but it's worth it if you're a fan. You'll need to book with a local company pretty much now if you want to go - check the website.

Akihabara ain't what it used to be, but if you've never been before it's still a good place if you're into otaku stuff. Sensoji Shrine and Nakamise St aren't far from Akiba either so both can be done together.

Takeshita St in Harajuku ain't what it once was either but still good, and the Meiji Shrine is nearby so both can be seen together.

Nikko is a full day trip but if you want historical things, good (and sometimes overwhelming - IIRC there's a Japanese saying that's something like "don't say impressive until you've seen Nikko"). Closer day trips are Kamakura, or Kawagoe. I personally preferred Kawagoe to Kamakura. Not sure if you want to do a day trip though.

If you're into beer I can help further. I'm sure others will have some good ideas.

Cerity

how do people even find time to play all these games nowadays. Once i get back I want to buy;

Digimon World
Nioh
Yakuza 0
Horizon
Tales of Beseria
That atelier game that came out on steam.

To top it off, Path Of Exile is getting huge content updates in the next few months and I'll be starting my new role at work.

Rezbit

If you like Ghibli films, definitely the Studio Ghibli museum. It's a bit out of the way and is a whole day pretty much, but it's worth it if you're a fan. You'll need to book with a local company pretty much now if you want to go - check the website.

Akihabara ain't what it used to be, but if you've never been before it's still a good place if you're into otaku stuff. Sensoji Shrine and Nakamise St aren't far from Akiba either so both can be done together.

Takeshita St in Harajuku ain't what it once was either but still good, and the Meiji Shrine is nearby so both can be seen together.

Nikko is a full day trip but if you want historical things, good (and sometimes overwhelming - IIRC there's a Japanese saying that's something like "don't say impressive until you've seen Nikko"). Closer day trips are Kamakura, or Kawagoe. I personally preferred Kawagoe to Kamakura. Not sure if you want to do a day trip though.

If you're into beer I can help further. I'm sure others will have some good ideas.

Awesome, thanks. Looks like the Ghibli museum is already sold out for the next 4 months! I think we'll definitely have a wander around Akihabara and Harajuku, the shrines sound good too.

Nikko was nice but not as memorable as Nara was for us. The deer just wandering around lend the place a unique atmosphere.

Go to Harajuku and do some shopping - you won't ever see clothiers and variety like that again. If you go to Akiba, maybe head to a maid cafe. It's a trip.

Jintor

it's weird to think of japan and immediately think of osaka/kyoto instead of tokyo.

i guess i'm a kansai person forever now

quabba

Nikko was nice but not as memorable as Nara was for us. The deer just wandering around lend the place a unique atmosphere.

Go to Harajuku and do some shopping - you won't ever see clothiers and variety like that again. If you go to Akiba, maybe head to a maid cafe. It's a trip.

Those deer in Nara were cool until they started nipping at us for not handing over treats fast enough. That Was a fun day trip

Jintor

nara deer are assholes.

i used to train down there on weekends to read a book and be harassed by deer in a nice environment.

Rezbit

Excellent, thanks VKS.

We're going to do onsen as well, so that will certainly be a thing with my dingaling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom