• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF - Twice the price, a year late, filtered and seized by customs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar

Johnkers said:
Is Left 4 Dead 360 out here yet? Are there dedicated servers over here? If not how's online work if I plan on playing with my local mates only?

It's been out for about 4 weeks man.

No dedicated servers here. But the lag is fine. I only had a couple of games where it was noticeable and that was when it was first released.

I actually regret buying the game though. I can't seem to get a game going with my friends. Haven't played it in 2 weeks and I'm not really into playing randoms. The single player is incredibly boring too.

Kritz

Banned
Johnkers said:
Is Left 4 Dead 360 out here yet? Are there dedicated servers over here? If not how's online work if I plan on playing with my local mates only?

I don't think I've seen it on shelves when I go into JB / EB. The PC versions are normally there, though. EDIT: DISREGARD THAT

Also, the great thing about working for the Department of Education is that I now get a month holiday over the xmas break. Finally I can kill some of my backlog.

... Who am I kidding? I'll just play TF2 all day.

Johnkers

Mar_ said:
It's been out for about 4 weeks man.

No dedicated servers here. But the lag is fine. I only had a couple of games where it was noticeable and that was when it was first released.

I actually regret buying the game though. I can't seem to get a game going with my friends. Haven't played it in 2 weeks and I'm not really into playing randoms. The single player is incredibly boring too.

:lol Fuck I'm LTTP!

I thought it was out but hadn't seen it in any stores (wasn't really looking though). I'm waiting for my friends to get it too, I can't even touch Gears of War without co-op.

Kritz said:
I don't think I've seen it on shelves when I go into JB / EB. The PC versions are normally there, though. EDIT: DISREGARD THAT

I'm going to regard that only so that I'm not alone with my lack of Left4Dead seeing abilities.

Mar

Johnkers said:
I'm going to regard that only so that I'm not alone with my lack of Left4Dead seeing abilities.

Hmm. Maybe it's sold out and they are waiting for another shipment. There was a fucktonne of copies on release day though.

Ydahs

legend166 said:
Thanks to the awesomeness of game.co.uk shipping to Australia, I'm getting Boom Blox for $45.

PoP is around $55 if anyone wants it, too.
What's the price of shipping? Aussie prices are too ridiculous.

Johnkers

`Moe Joe. said:
Johnkers I'll get a few games going with you. I need to pick up L4D again it has been collecting dust :(

Nice. I don't think I'll pick it up till some time in Jan though so if you still have it I'm def up.

BSS

VOOK said:
Rock Band 2 for 360 $81 at CD Wow

here

ORDERED :D

Hmm... I'm nowhere near done with GHWT yet... still a few more achievements in RB1... but OK I'LL BITE.

Johnkers said:
Are there dedicated servers over here? If not how's online work if I plan on playing with my local mates only?

All the dedicated servers I've seen are USA or Europe. When you start a game it seems to randomly decide whether or not to put you on a dedicated server or make it locally hosted. If you always want the locally hosted games without messing around then you can black-hole-route the dedicated server addresses in your router. This works good.

Pikelet

#AusGAF on irc.induced.net

I took the liberty, just going to throw it out there and measure success by whether there's people in it next week.

well im gonna check it out... only one idler is on at the moment though :(

Johnkers

BSS said:
All the dedicated servers I've seen are USA or Europe. When you start a game it seems to randomly decide whether or not to put you on a dedicated server or make it locally hosted. If you always want the locally hosted games without messing around then you can black-hole-route the dedicated server addresses in your router. This works good.

Really? I can't just host my own private game?

Sometimes I wish console gaming was just a little bit more PC-esque.

Rahk

Shaneus said:
My RB2 has arrived! Now I just need to EB rent RB1, transfer the songs then I'll be one happy chappy.

Mine arrived yesterday.

Now I just have to wait for the drums so I can actually play it.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Johnkers said:
They do. Everything coming out at this point is cross-compatible. Except Lips mics don't work on Gh:WT.

Shite, but they work with RB1 right?

Johnkers said:
If I wanted to express post a game anywhere in the country, how much would that cost me?

Probably about $6, I haven't worked in the post office for about a year so don't know anymore.

Rahk

Johnkers said:
I don't think so, RB2 just got an update recently for it.

Are you sure? I read that they are working on an update, but as far as I'm aware it hasn't been released yet.

666 said:
Boom Blox is impossible to find!

Anyone seen xbox gold accounts around for cheap?

I had to find it in Sydney.

Once I came back to Melbourne and started looking again, I found a tonne of copies in BigW.

So I assume all of them got a shipment.

But I don't know what state you're in. Most shops in Sydney EB, JB, BigW, Game all had it.

Agyar

Pikelet said:
well im gonna check it out... only one idler is on at the moment though :(

I generally idle in there at work, forgot to join it today (now added to autojoin list). If everyone idles in there as much as possible then there may actually be multiple people for a conversation!

Shaneus said:
Midnight Club: LA (360 PAL/Asia only, no US) is DAMN cheap at Play-Asia right now... $28AU (yes!) including shipping for the next 6 days. You all know the URL, but if you don't have a referral link you'd like to use, please use this one:
http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-5t0d-49-en.html

With the new difficulty patch, this should be a must-buy for everyone. Apparently.

I bought it, I heard it was ok and can't argue with sub-$30 games, even ones I have a mild interest in. Hell I'd pay $30 bucks for that Golden Axe Beast Rider game and I heard it was terrible. There's just something about getting to ride dinosaurs and stab people with a hot chick that's inherently inviting.

Mar

Agyar said:
Hell I'd pay $30 bucks for that Golden Axe Beast Rider game and I heard it was terrible. There's just something about getting to ride dinosaurs and stab people with a hot chick that's inherently inviting.

Agreed. She's got a hot ass and I'd pay $30 to watch that for a few hours. Unfortunately when I was in EB on the weekend, it was $99. I laughed and moved on.

Agyar

Mar_ said:
Agreed. She's got a hot ass and I'd pay $30 to watch that for a few hours. Unfortunately when I was in EB on the weekend, it was $99. I laughed and moved on.

It's 79 at JB! Still at least 30 bucks beyond tempting. I'd pay about the same for MK vs DCU. Bring on the bargain bins in 6 months.

Bernbaum

http://www.news.com.au/technology/story/0,28348,24812784-5014239,00.html

Looks like game and console sales in Australia got a big shot in the arm almost immediately after the $10.4 Billion stimulus package from K-Rudd was distributed.

Wasn't this cash mostly earmarked for the elderly and carers of disabled people? I want to meet the carers that are ignoring their home-bound, colostomy bag-wearing old relatives suffering from dementia whilst they spend hours blowing limbs off aliens in Dead Space.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Bernbaum said:

Looks like game and console sales in Australia got a big shot in the arm almost immediately after the $10.4 Billion stimulus package from K-Rudd was distributed.

Wasn't this cash mostly earmarked for the elderly and carers of disabled people? I want to meet the carers that are ignoring their home-bound, colostomy bag-wearing old relatives suffering from dementia whilst they spend hours blowing limbs off aliens in Dead Space.

No, most of it went to famlies.

Fredescu

Bernbaum said:
Wasn't this cash mostly earmarked for the elderly and carers of disabled people?
It says right in the article: "Australians bought more than 130,000 Nintendo Wii"

I am so sorry

stonedwal

Shaneus said:
Midnight Club: LA (360 PAL/Asia only, no US) is DAMN cheap at Play-Asia right now... $28AU (yes!) including shipping for the next 6 days. You all know the URL, but if you don't have a referral link you'd like to use, please use this one:

With the new difficulty patch, this should be a must-buy for everyone. Apparently.
A few people had tried to sell me on it, but I was resisting. Couldn't say no to that price, though.

Johnkers

Rahk said:
Are you sure? I read that they are working on an update, but as far as I'm aware it hasn't been released yet.

I'm not 100% sure but I didn't read anything about RB1.

Shaneus said:

Bought it yesterday for a friend. Both this and RB2 just shipped this afternoon, hopefully one of these get here before Christmas

pilonv1

2008-12-22-target.jpg

Heads up if you want Boom Blox cheap

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Bernbaum said:

Wiis mostly, i seen a tonne of people searching through the shovel ware pile, they dont even put it on the wall, just have big boxes they pour the shit into and let people scrounge around, some kids gonna have a shitty Christmas.

pilonv1 said:
Heads up if you want Boom Blox cheap
Woah.

I'm doing my Christmas shopping this afternoon and this would be perfect for my younger cousins. It does have multiplayer, right?

Hell, I'll probably get another copy for myself.

Anyone know where I might get a copy of Disaster: Day of Crisis on the cheap?

Fredescu

viciouskillersquirrel said:
It does have multiplayer, right?
The multiplayer is my favourite part.

Anyone know where I might get a copy of Disaster: Day of Crisis on the cheap?
JB have it on their trade two games in and get it free deal. The exclusion list is here http://www.jbhifi.com.au/games/excluded-games.pdf and you might notice that My Sims and Boom Blox from the above catalog are not on it, giving you Disaster for $30.

legend166

Boom Blox for $15?

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oh well, I couldn't find it at my target

Fredescu

Won't it look suspicious that I'm buying two copies each of My Sims and Boom Blox at Target?
There's nothing wrong with doing it. You just have a lot of Wii owning relatives to buy christmas presents for. At those prices I'd say you'll be lucky to find that many in stock. Unless they're specifically marked clearance though you should be able to put a raincheck on them.

Fredescu said:
There's nothing wrong with doing it. You just have a lot of Wii owning relatives to buy christmas presents for. At those prices I'd say you'll be lucky to find that many in stock. Unless they're specifically marked clearance though you should be able to put a raincheck on them.
I was hoping to do it today though. I might be able to find one of each if I go during work hours...

when exactly does the Tarhet catalog start? I am at Target right now and the price isn't in their system and the catalog the guy showed me was a different one. Plenty of Boom Blox, by the way. Is that catalog a post Christmas one? Forgive the spelling by the way, posting on a phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom