• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF - Twice the price, a year late, filtered and seized by customs

Status
Not open for further replies.

rass

viciouskillersquirrel said:
when exactly does the Tarhet catalog start? I am at Target right now and the price isn't in their system and the catalog the guy showed me was a different one. Plenty of Boom Blox, by the way. Is that catalog a post Christmas one? Forgive the spelling by the way, posting on a phone.
which target?
i would love a cheap game to tide me over for skate 2, and i hear boom blox has amazing local multi

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
i'd definitely be keen on some boom blox for $15. if anyone in perth manages to scope any stores out with decent stock levels, please let us know on here :)

Rlan

webmail_au_02.jpg

http://www.ebgames.com.au/Xbox/product.cfm?ID=8781

webmail_au_05.jpg

http://www.ebgames.com.au/PS3/product.cfm?ID=12865

I can't believe their other inclusions in their webmail though...

webmail_au_03.jpg

webmail_au_04.jpg

"A Bargain, at only more than what I paid for it when the games came out". Goodness.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Ok, ordered RB2 for the 360 at cdwow. Now I just have to find someone with a copy of RB that I can borrow to import all the songs from.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Router said:
Ok, ordered RB2 for the 360 at cdwow. Now I just have to find someone with a copy of RB that I can borrow to import all the songs from.

$10 for mine :p

Tntnnbltn

A friend of mine picked up a PS3 console (+ pack in game) from GAME yesterday for $629. The guy at Gametraders seemed surprised when we mentioned the price to him. :lol

Fredescu

Salazar said:
What'll Dead Rising cost me tomorrow ?
With a bit of searching you should be able to find it for close to $30. Don't pay more than $50, it's a budget title now. If you're in QLD, WOW Sight n Sound have it on a two for $50 list. If you're in Vic, Game Traders have it listed for $35.

`Moe Joe.

Banned
Print off the page from DSE.com.au stating that Dead Rising is $20. Take it to EB, get them to price match with a pre owned copy. If you don't mind if it is new it is ideal.

I got Orange Box for $29 pre owned because new copies of that are still 100 and pre owned are 95 >_>. I showed them the printed off page, voila.

I don't think EB have new copies of both of those games anymore, though. So yeah if you're happy with pre owned, I'd say go for it.

Salazar

`Moe Joe. said:
Print off the page from DSE.com.au stating that Dead Rising is $20. Take it to EB, get them to price match with a pre owned copy. If you don't mind if it is new it is ideal.

I got Orange Box for $29 pre owned because new copies of that are still 100 and pre owned are 95 >_>. I showed them the printed off page, voila.

I don't think EB have new copies of both of those games anymore, though. So yeah if you're happy with pre owned, I'd say go for it.

Not seeing that DSE page, but good to hear it'll be cheapish.

diss

Banned
How many times can you return a game to EB within the 7 days return thing? I've heard you can do it twice, and I've also heard it's limitless.

hirokazu

diss said:
How many times can you return a game to EB within the 7 days return thing? I've heard you can do it twice, and I've also heard it's limitless.
Why the hell do they care?

They'll resell it as new anyway, or if it looks a bit used, they'll just sell it as used at close to full price.

Fredescu

Yes, it's unlimited. Some EBs are worse than others when it comes to implementing their own policies though, so I wouldn't be suprised if an employee told someone they couldn't do it more than twice. A friend of mine does it all the time though. He rarely keeps games and gets to know his local EB fairly well. He even managed one for a while before he came to his senses. For what it's worth, EBs website only has this to say about their 7 day thing:

EB said:
Product Return Policy

What is the "7-Day" returns policy?

Here at EB Games, we offer a fantastic 7-day product return policy for goods purchased from our stores. If you are unhappy with a product you may return it to any EB Games store for a full refund of the purchase price within 7 days of purchase. All that we ask is that you retain your original sales reciept as proof of purchase and return the goods in a sellable condition with all original packaging intact.

Unfortunately, we can't allow return of online PC games and online time cards.

Kujo

BIG W Games Clearance

http://members.iinet.net.au/~bdv/bigwclearance.txt (Thanks to BDau for the list)

Some good prices in there, not all though. Here are some of the $2 stuff:

360 FACE PLATE SUN 2
360 FUZION FRENZI2 2
360 HEADSET 2
360 NINETY NINE NI 2
360 VIP PREM PACK 2
DS FIFA 2007 2
DS FIFA WORLD CUP 2
DS NFS U/GROUND 2 2
DS PUYO POP FEVER 2
DS SPRUNG 2
PC B/FIELD 2142 2
PC B/FIELD VIETNAM 2
PC B/FIELD2 COMPLE 2
PC BATTLEFIELD 2 2
PC BF2 SPEC FORCES 2
PC FABLE LOST CHAP 2
PS2 NFS MW BLACK 2
PS2 NFS UNDERGROUN 2
PS2 NFS/BURNOUT 3 2
PS2 PACMAN WORLD 3 2
PS2 R/BOW 6 LOCK 2
PS2 S/CELL CHAOS 2
PS2 SNK VS CAPCOM 2
PS2 SSX ON TOUR 2
PSP F1 GRAND PRIX 2
PSP FIFA 2006 2
PSP FIFA WORLD CUP 2
PSP MARVEL NEMESIS 2
PSP NBA 2006 2
PSP NFS UG RIVALS 2
PSP PACMAN WORLD 3 2
PSP SSX ON TOUR 2
PSP T/WOODS PGA 2
PSP THE GODFATHER 2
WII METAL SLUG ANT 2
XB BLACK 2
XB BURNOUT 3 2
XB BURNOUT REVENGE 2
XB HALO 2 2

Fredescu

Damn, I knew I should have checked out Big W. I got up early to get Boom Blox and some $15 trade in fodder from Target as they opened.

TwiztidElf

What's the deal with the BigW clearance? Will that be in all stores (Qld)?
Shadow of the Colossus - $20? Yoink! I'll take one of them. PS2 collection complete.

VOOK

Holy shit when is the Big W thing on? I might *cough* go home early, I feel sick.

Puck

Banned
Evening AusGaf.

Was wondering if anyone with a copy of US Rock Band 1 for PS3 would be able to lend me their copy for me to transfer the track list + DLC into my US RB2 (coming next week).

I will pay $20 + postage both ways.

Thanks.

`Moe Joe.

Banned
diss said:
Treat the staff like real people and you will, more often than not, see them bend over backwards to help you. I know this from first hand experience. People who act like an arse will be treated as such. Again, I know this from first hand experience.

CryptiK

Has anybody seen PSN cards in Australia I wanna get Crash Commando and some of the LBP DLC but I dont have a CC or any other means of getting stuff off PSN :(

Tntnnbltn

CryptiK said:
Has anybody seen PSN cards in Australia I wanna get Crash Commando and some of the LBP DLC but I dont have a CC or any other means of getting stuff off PSN :(
There aren't any.

A US PSN card could get you Crash Commando, but not LBP DLC (unless you happen to have a US version of the game; DLC is region locked).

CryptiK

Tntnnbltn said:
There aren't any.

A US PSN card could get you Crash Commando, but not LBP DLC (unless you happen to have a US version of the game; DLC is region locked).
I hate CC I hate PSN I wanna cry :(

Puck

Banned
You could just ask your 'rents to use their card. I used theirs for a while.
I got a comm. bank debit card a few months ago though, and it is awesome. Same as my savings card, but works as a CC.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Puck said:
You could just ask your 'rents to use their card. I used theirs for a while.
I got a comm. bank debit card a few months ago though, and it is awesome. Same as my savings card, but works as a CC.

Yea i have the same card. A visa debit card from your bank, it acts just like a CC. Use it for all my steam purchases, PSN and whatever other odd shit i find online.

CryptiK if you actually have a bank account, job and money try get a visa debit card from them. Then you can buy shit online whenever you want.

PARANO1A

General question for Ausgaf:
I have Guitar Hero 2 + the wired guitar. I want some more music to play. Where can I get cheap songs/games that don't need new hardware? I'd be looking for, say, GH3 (no guitar) for $30, etc. Can it be done?

rass

did any super friendly AusGAF member purchase a spare copy of boomblox that they want to sell me? ill pay $20 + postage :D pleeeease!

Puck

Banned
Oh, lol.
Nah, i think that is cheaper than everywhere else to be honest. Ebay seem to be going for 40+, stores are selling for 50-90

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/GUITAR-HERO-3-LEGENDS-OF-ROCK-XBOX-360-GAME_W0QQitemZ190275634115QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_PC_Video_Games_Games?hash=item190275634115&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318

That will probably go for around 40, should give you an idea of how much it is though.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Guitar-hero-3-game-only-BRAND-NEW-SEALED-xbox-360_W0QQitemZ270317212048QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_PC_Video_Games_Games?hash=item270317212048&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A13|39%3A1|240%3A1318
sold for 32.

VOOK

Hey guys Club Nintendo Australia is up.

Just messing you didn't actually think Nintendo were being truthful when they said before Xmas right?

EctoPrime

Got a few boxing day catalogues Big W has the Xbox 360 arcade bundle with Sega Superstars Tennis for $228 and Kmart has Guitar Hero 3 Ps2 bundle for $74.50 and you can buy a second guitar for $25 in the same transaction.

Rlan

Checked out my closest Big W with that list. Unfortunately most of anything I would have wanted on Boxing day wasn't there at all. I'm hoping "Age of Empires 2" means AOE: Mythologies DS, but besides from that I didn't see anything else.

Did see about 10 Gameboy Micros there though. I asked to get a price and they scanned at $109. Checkout chick was surprised they even had them still. Hoping I can grab one real cheap on post-boxing day.

Went to JB and asked what deals they'll be having. The guy wasn't too sure but said they ARE having some absolutely rediculous deal for Arcade 360s. We're talking sub-200 bucks WITH Gears of War 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom