• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusPoliGAF Federal Election 2010 Thread of Fanta Pants and Budgie Smugglers

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I'll be able to sleep better at night knowing that the Mad Monk isn't wielding his baton.

legend166 said:
Ok, what's the over/under on how long this government lasts?
Thing is no one can predict what happens in politics, they can simply try and steer the ship. 5 months into Rudd's leadership, everyone was expecting him to win the next term tremendously.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
It'll last the term.

Glad to see Katter coward out to the whims of his electorate. What a leader.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
wait, did they just say wholesale prices in regional areas for NBN?

fuck yes?

Salazar

Rez said:
It'll last the term.

Glad to see Katter coward out to the whims of his electorate. What a leader.

He was put on earth to demonstrate the idiocy of folks unable to distinguish between principle and the cretinous fixity of a sick and limited mind.

Choc

Banned
Right now we predict how long Abbott will remain opposition leader

No no no he isn't going to get challenged and they love him in the NLP BUT can he himself sustain another 3 years on the other side having come so close, i just can't see it.

Prediction

At some point abbott loses it totally, the Coalition roll him, install Turnbull again and TB wins 2013 by a loooooooong way (like he would have in 2010 vs Gillard)

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I think Hockey is a sure thing. Appeals to the youngies who vote Green and Labor on a personality basis alone.

Ventron

Choc said:
At some point abbott loses it totally, the Coalition roll him, install Turnbull again and TB wins 2013 by a loooooooong way (like he would have in 2010 vs Gillard)

I really don't understand how Turnbull supporters miss the most important point. Had Turnbull still been in power we would still have PM Rudd. Rudd was only rolled because Abbott had the political balls to take him on with every issue, which lowered Rudd's polls and rattled the ALP. He also got back the conservative base which Turnbull lost.

Fredescu

Abbott hugely overachieved in this election. It is common practice for a losing opposition leader to stand down or be stood down, but I think there's a decent chance of them sticking with Abbott.

Rlan

Ventron said:
I really don't understand how Turnbull supporters miss the most important point. Had Turnbull still been in power we would still have PM Rudd. Rudd was only rolled because Abbott had the political balls to take him on with every issue, which lowered Rudd's polls and rattled the ALP. He also got back the conservative base which Turnbull lost.

I think Turnbull found a bit of his backbone whilst he was away from the front. If he went back into front bench now, he'd be much stronger for it.

Ventron

Fredescu said:
Abbott hugely overachieved in this election. It is common practice for a losing opposition leader to stand down or be stood down, but I think there's a decent chance of them sticking with Abbott.

The ALP did keep Kim Beazley for 2001 after almost winning 98.

Choc

Banned
Fredescu said:

Of course they will stick with Abbott, he wil lremain leader until such time as he doesn't want to now really

BUT can he mentally sustain another 3 years having come so close, people are already starting to question it in the media

Rlan

tony-abbott-leadership-fail.jpg

Axiom

Yeah I don't see Abbott stepping down myself, he did above and beyond. It's not like he's Kim Beazley where he did well after many attempts, he just got in and he wasn't a fuckup like Nelson was.

Glad this is over for the moment at least.

Yoshiya

Rez said:
wait, did they just say wholesale prices in regional areas for NBN?

fuck yes?

Though pricing equity is a good thing overall in reducing the urban-regional divide, bear in mind this means that urban users will pay more to cross-subsidise costly rural connections.

Sure dodged a bullet on that one though. After just one term away from Howard, we just stood on the brink of a return to everything that entailed. Alarming to say the least. Oakeshott is such a hypocrite for demanding question time reform to shorten answers and then speaking for 15 minutes before saying anything worthwhile :lol

Choc

Banned
Oakeshott is such a hypocrite for demanding question time reform to shorten answers and then speaking for 15 minutes before saying anything worthwhile
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
Choc said:
Oakeshott is such a hypocrite for demanding question time reform to shorten answers and then speaking for 15 minutes before saying anything worthwhile
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

yep :lol

although to be fair he wasn't answering a question

Ventron

Damn. Now I can't use this image.

20875mh.png

I only did it because the pose in the photo was perfect. :lol There isn't one for Julia. So here's a puppy instead.

syawyp.jpg

That female reporter who kept asking about the money going to regional hospitals really gave me the shits. I just don't understand how anyone with a straight face could imply that metro hospitals are being disadvantaged. The fact that anyone would have the gall to complain about extra funding going to regional hospitals over metro hospitals disgusts me.

I have had the chance to work and study in both regional and metro hospitals so i have seen first hand the difficulties regional hospitals face in terms of funding.

Ventron said:

And what issues were those in particular?

Yet again boat people have been a major issue in an election. How many times can this insignificant issue have such a major impact in elections?

Edit:
Rez said:
I think Hockey is a sure thing. Appeals to the youngies who vote Green and Labor on a personality basis alone.

I'm a 'youngie' and i vote green and i would far prefer Turnbull to Hockey. I'm not saying your wrong, thats just how i stand.

trinest

roosters93 said:
Windsor is certainly going to regret saying the Coalition would probably win if they went back to the polls.
I think he was trying to say is that the Coalition belives they would win. I think he didn't word it right?

Gazunta

So now Katter can go back to his electorate and say "don't blame me, I voted for the other guy" every time someone asks him to do anything. Pretty smart of him to bail out early once he saw the writing on the wall and remain blameless.

:/

Salazar

Wii said:
Really? I don't think he has much appeal at all

Watch him drop pounds. I don't think he can be any more affectedly jovial without seeming positively insane, so weight-loss is our prime indicator for leadership ambition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom