• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian Gaming Deals: Bloody hell! What a sale!

Ban Puncher

Well that was a colossal waste of time I could of better used sleeping or eating a big sandwich.

Legendary Dick Smith Sale remains untouchable.

Komo

Banned
This sale's still going?

There's no Big W's in my area, but I'll go out of my way to get to one if it's still on

JediLink

I just got Wonderful 101, Sonic Lost World, Pikmin 3 and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for $3 each. Pretty decent haul I say.

elfinke

Just to be clear, a lot of the 'drop zone' items will be in a particular 'drop zone' area, cordoned away from the normal areas you'd expect to find these items in.

Obviously you're not going to find 2DS's and Xbones in an uncovered tray near the sporting goods, but I'd expect to find games and accessories there. At least, in my local BigW, the main drop zone area is a cluster fuck shoe horned in near the gardening and sports stuff. And then there are roll cages setup around the store nearer to where the items would ordinarily live, along with just some items still on the shelf in their normal areas, but with drop zone stickers.

So you may have to hunt a little bit.

But more likely, everything is long gone by now in most stores.

I just got Wonderful 101, Sonic Lost World, Pikmin 3 and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for $3 each. Pretty decent haul I say.

I said damn... Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3 and Mon Hunter would have been tops!

If anyone comes across these games, I'd be willing to trade for the Xbox One titles I picked up

- UFC
- Trails Fusion
- Murdered
- COD Ghosts

I would trade ALL of these for ANY of the above mentioned Wii U titles. Or Rayman Legends + NFS for PS4. If there's no traders, I'd be willing to sell these to any X1 owner for cost price to share the sales love.

KAP151

Got a spare copy Of Nintendoland, Epic Mickey 2 WiiU (Hit me up if you want to trade).

And some cruddy XB1 titles. PlaynCharge kit with a HDMI cable was also $3 so i grabbed that as well.

In all honesty, it was mostly 360/PS3/DS and Wii shovelware. People were just grabbing handfuls of shit not even caring - i spose at $3 a game, who cares.

Mikau

Neo Member
Made it to a Big W but nothing was on sale, nor was there anything indicating one. Neat

Same with the one I went to. The store didn't get the memo about the gaming drop zone, but luckily, prices scanned properly. We had to get the games off the shelves. Really bummed that they didn't have TW101 in stock for $3 :(

tinders

I managed to pick up a Titanfall Xbox One bundle. Had to ask if they had any in stock mind you. Everything was out back.

My mate (who is a massive collector and reseller) picked up 2x Fifa Xbox bundles, 11x PSPs, 5x 3DS Pokemon bundles, 5x 2DS Pokemon bundles and 30x $3 games. Just cleaned them out.

elfinke

I managed to pick up a Titanfall Xbox One bundle. Had to ask if they had any in stock mind you. Everything was out back.

My mate (who is a massive collector and reseller) picked up 2x Fifa Xbox bundles, 11x PSPs, 5x 3DS Pokemon bundles, 5x 2DS Pokemon bundles and 30x $3 games. Just cleaned them out.

Motherfucker sounds like the fabled Broden from OzB. Good luck to him/her!

Ban Puncher

Arrived at opening and not much there from the get go. Picked up a bunch of Skylanders, Disney Infinity and NBA 2K14 on Xbone which got traded in at EB. Got a couple of 360 games for the neighbours kids, a 360 chatpad for a mate and all I ended up with for myself was a Turtle Beach Wii U headset. Hooray? Rang up a couple of nearby Big Ws but got bored sounding teenagers who said everything good had been OZBargain'd.

But I bought a tiger bread loaf at Woolworths on my way out so the morning wasn't a total bummer.

elfinke

There were four $200 xbones at my local. There are a dozen $30 PSP1000's, and about a million sky lander packs for $3, as well as various junk games spread throughout the store at $2-$3.

I bought SSFIV3D for $3, pretty happy with that, lol.

Ban Puncher

BREAKING FUCKING NEWS

$10 for 24 nuggets is back at KFC

vY0syC5.jpg

Yrael

XBOX ONE with Halo: Master Chief Collection for $375.20 here. I now own all three consoles this generation! Great price!

So, so tempted...

I still think I'll wait until the end of the year though. I'm not particularly interested in the Master Chief collection, there are going to be more bundles around that price near Christmas (maybe including the 1TB version with a better controller), and I also have about $100 in Westfield vouchers that I'd like to use to make it even cheaper.

Should have next Wednesday off so I'll try and grab that Tearaway plushy special edition in the morning.

And will pick up MGSV tomorrow morning <3

@MUWANdo

Banned
I rarely buy locally but do any of the local stores have Wii U consoles as low as Dick Smith was selling them a couple years back?

Anticol

Banned
Hey guys just a question, Where's the best place to buy a 2TB HDD for my ps4?

If someone has any recommendations I would really appreciate it.

Hey guys just a question, Where's the best place to buy a 2TB HDD for my ps4?

If someone has any recommendations I would really appreciate it.

I haven't got a specific brand recommendation, but I'd recommend buying a standalone USB hard drive (making sure it's the smaller 2.5", and not a larger 3.5" drive).
You can take the drive out of it's enclosure, put it in the PS4, and then put the drive that was originally in the PS4 into the now empty enclosure. That way you get an upgraded PS4 HDD, as well as a 500GB external drive.

Kanyon

Big W have got Sleeping Dogs PS4 for $34 and Assassin's Creed Unity for $30 amongst some other bargains. Picked them up today as that's a good jump in price.

stryke

Couldn't be bothered going to Target to get Uncharted for $68 so just went to EB instead. I'm glad I also asked for a sealed copy, otherwise the girl behind the counter wouldn't have thrown in the extra preorder bonus codes they had back there.

I know EB Games can be annoying a lot of the time (like overcharging exclusive collector's editions) but I still enjoy being a customer to them at my local store. I like how easy it is to price match and return a game if I don't like it in 7 days fully refunded, no questions asked.

All digital future is going to suck on consoles if they don't have easy refunds soon. I'd also complain about internet speeds but it's more Sony limited at the moment rather than Australia's infrastructure.

Symtendo

The Target Website has a 500gb PS4 with the Uncharted collection and a Stan subscription for $468. I have two questions: 1) Is this a good deal? And 2) Is it likely to be available in store?

Top Bottom