• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian Gaming Deals: Bloody hell! What a sale!

Drac84

I already have one, but that Vita price is insane.

ray_meagher6001.jpeg

I went down to my local, everything was looted, all that was left was 3 minecraft 10 and 3 sy cooper collection for 20.. plus a a bunch of old ps3/360 games

I already picked up minecraft for free using my left over telstra credit on my phone, so skipped it.

elfinke

PS4 - $383 at Target online store using code 'ILOVETARGET'.

Heaps of other toys (Lego) and electronics (iPads) available too.

stryke

Bloodborne is now 60 bucks at target. My nearest store was out of stock and label was still $69.

Just walked over to ebgames, showed them the price on the target website on my phone and got it price matched.

Card Boy

Banned
Bloodborne is now 60 bucks at target. My nearest store was out of stock and label was still $69.

Just walked over to ebgames, showed them the price on the target website on my phone and got it price matched.

Both website and catalog still say $69 here in Victoria.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Any chance we could make this Australasian Games Deals Thread?

*ducks to avoid flying doona's and roo' steaks*

Just bought Bloodborne and Mortal Kombat X (he was just taking them out of the "Embargo" box) at the local Target for $69 each. Pretty good price I think.

Anyone going to be playing Mortal Kombat X and want some fights?

elfinke

So while there is good reason to wait on upgrading your PC at the moment, I thought it still worthwhile mentioning that PCCG have the seemingly excellent MSI R9 290 for $349 right now, some $70 off.

If waiting for skylake and the 3xx series of cards doesn't matter to you, that's a pretty reasonably price.

If I hadn't recently bought aPS4 I'd toss the 6950 away for this I think.

MWave have gone one better, with the Asus Direct CUII 290 for $339, only $9.95 P&H I imagine to most areas, making this very tempting.

elfinke

So while there is good reason to wait on upgrading your PC at the moment, I thought it still worthwhile mentioning that PCCG have the seemingly excellent MSI R9 290 for $349 right now, some $70 off.

If waiting for skylake and the 3xx series of cards doesn't matter to you, that's a pretty reasonably price.

If I hadn't recently bought a PS4 I'd toss the 6950 away for this I think.

MWave have gone one better, with the Asus Direct CUII 290 for $339, only $9.95 P&H I imagine to most areas, making this very tempting.

elfinke

Gonna pay full price for this game. CDPR are good people. Plus, I want the goodies that come with the physical edition :D

Yeah that's totally fair. I'd prefer to play W3 on PS4, so I'll keep waiting on a decent price for the digital copy there, which is likely to take forever... :(

_Clash_

Oh boy,

I'm considering that $568 ps4 bundle. Quality games for the household (besides Order which I'll EBay flip)

Want to play Witcher 3 and Helldivers you see.

Do we think bundles and specials for Witcher 3?

Probably a ps4 price drop at e3. Sigh.

Oh boy,

I'm considering that $568 ps4 bundle. Quality games for the household (besides Order which I'll EBay flip)

Want to play Witcher 3 and Helldivers you see.

Do we think bundles and specials for Witcher 3?

Probably a ps4 price drop at e3. Sigh.

I think the above bundle

+ Witcher 3 $69 at target is your best bet

I've been eyeing up the Splatoon Wii U Premium bundle from JB Hifi, going for $359.

Is that a good price? Seemed pretty solid to me, especially given the Mariokart 8 bundle (which has the same console spec from what I can see) is going for $60 more at $419 (or $429 at EB Games).

It's "good" in that it's the best deal going... but there have been a few chances to grab a Wii U for $200 or less. Hell, I payed $175 for one from Dick Smiths 18 months ago.

Surely a real price drop must be on the way for the system?

Stackboy

I've been eyeing up the Splatoon Wii U Premium bundle from JB Hifi, going for $359.

Is that a good price? Seemed pretty solid to me, especially given the Mariokart 8 bundle (which has the same console spec from what I can see) is going for $60 more at $419 (or $429 at EB Games).

EB has it at the same price.

https://www.ebgames.com.au/wiiu-208807-Nintendo-Wii-Splatoon-Console-Wii-U

I'll be grabbing this bundle, bought MK8, Smash Bros and Super Mario World 3D a few days ago for $54 each in that target deal.

_Clash_

Jb HiFi are offering x1 500Gb + 2x assassins creed+ Witcher 3 for $479 day of release

Pretty tempting and the deal to beat at the moment for me.

elfinke

Driveclub is $18 Pre-owned at EB. Does it need a online pass to go online?

Already answered I see, but no it doesn't There's a 9gb patch of sorts to download, and there is a whole bunch of free stuff also available on the store. I've had a damn blast with it in the week or so I've had it, especially given the price of entry. Looks fucking wonderful at 120" 1080p.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.

elfinke

That PS4 deal is a great one imo. Only game that lets it down in terms of value for money would be The Order, but it's better than EDs current deal which is the same except Watch_Dogs instead of Mortal Kombat X.

Yeah, I ended up grabbing one, though in black as my local BigDub didn't have any white ones.

Bishop89

Harvey Norman half yearly sale.

Destiny ps4 $24

Xbox + sunset overdrive +minecraft + halo collection + Forza 5 + Forza horizon for $498

+ most games on sale, eg. Most ps3 games are $10

elfinke

Harvey Norman half yearly sale.

Destiny ps4 $24

Xbox + sunset overdrive +minecraft + halo collection + Forza 5 + Forza horizon for $498

+ most games on sale, eg. Most ps3 games are $10

$24 destiny is tempting, between HN and EB half yearly sales it was bound to be cheap. Is it still worth jumping into if you're the kind of person who doesn't buy DLC? For what it is worth, I have had a ton of fun with DC after I picked it up for $18, and I haven't bought any DLC for it either.

elfinke

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pnYFVN9XpHwGt9baI9wGNW1vCE7ZM6f1Ch-IEWChkZs/pubhtml#

Courtesy of OzB. BigW drop zone, includes 2/3ds console bundles for $50. Xbone bundles for $200, games galore for $3. Various threads are complaining that the sale accidentally started tonight and the shelves picked clear by staff (ala Dick Smith sale years ago), but probably still worth a visit in the morning.

WiiU premium console, with mario and Luigi for $100, damn. Some BigW staff getting very lucky. If I can snag Mario and Luigi Dreamteam I'll be happy.

stryke

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pnYFVN9XpHwGt9baI9wGNW1vCE7ZM6f1Ch-IEWChkZs/pubhtml#

Courtesy of OzB. BigW drop zone, includes 2/3ds console bundles for $50. Shone bundles for $200, games galore for $3. Various threads are complaining that the sale accidentally started tonight and the shelves picked clear by staff (ala Dick Smith sale years ago), but probably still worth a visit in the morning.

WiiU premium console, with mario and Luigi for $100, damn. Some BigW staff getting very lucky. If I can snag Mario and Luigi Dreamteam I'll be happy.

Dayum. Yeah I know where I'm going tomorrow morning.

elfinke

Yep, hilarious. I expect the bums at my local will have cleaned the joint out, but I'll still stop and have a pick through, just in case.

stryke

Yeah, it's starting to set in now, wondering what left behind trash I'm going to have to pick through to find something worthwhile.

Top Bottom