• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2017 |OT| Makes us all rotten

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There's a simple reason for that....

qnguEEO.gif

We'll see if you're so confident in a few weeks. (you won't be)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
In response to Kino’s Journey 01:

I just don't get why they made the vibe of the town feel creepy and off, like everybody there was dangerous or something. The people in fact are not dangerous provided you don't kill or steal and then well, pray they kill you quickly at that point.
This is called misdirection my dear Fate addict.

man, hollywood and writers in general must have a field day with audiences like me. I get so easily manipulated. Everytime I watch Porter Robinson's Shelter video I cry.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Net-Juu No Susume 01

Watched it a few days ago and was surprised by how much I liked it. No isekai, no dying because of a game, just a bunch of people with their own lives in real life playing a game and socializing.

I've read about half (?) of the available chapters on comico some time ago, but the amount and positioning of text on each page together with the ugly-ish artstyle didn't make for a great experience. That said, the story and characters itself were quite good, so I'm glad that the anime feels like the proper way to enjoy this title. Will definitely keep watching, aside from "big" titles like Gintama, Osomatsu, Umaru etc., this is so far my favorite anime this season.

mankoto

Owarimonogatari - Shinobu Mail - Part 6 END
I just realized that watching this franchise in chronological order would end up being the worst kind of Hell.

No Game No Life: Zero

Just got back from watching this and I really enjoyed it! Haven't seen NGNL in a while but it definitely feels very different from the TV anime, both in tone and in plot from what I recall. While the show was I felt pretty lighthearted for the most part, this was pretty depressing, also the show is pretty bright with lots of colors, but this was far more bleak looking, but the places that were colorful like the abandoned elves city, or the fighter scene between Schwi and Jibril were very colorful and looked gorgeous. It also basically nothing about games at all other than a few moments of chess here and there (and I suppose the ending act if you could that).

The one thing that felt quite strange was the romance. Like when Riku asks Schwi to marry him it felt like it came out of no where, but maybe the LN did a better job of setting this up, but the movie really didn't, but I guess that's more or less due to the 2 hours or so that had to work with, there may not have been enough time to establish their romance properly. I did enjoy Schwi and Riku though. They felt both similar and different to Shiro and Sora with some of their quirks. But in general I just liked how the movie expands on the series universe, and gives context and how it came to be.

Maybe we get a NGNL season 2 soon? I hope so. I think I might go rewatch the first season, since I haven't seen it since it first aired and seeing this kind of gave me desire to do so.

Quasar

i cry at the drop of a hat if you make it emotionally manipulative enough

I almost never cried watching media. Then I found anime which seems to easily get me to cry. Not sure why. Seems like anime makers just know how to get their hooks in. Or its something about animation versus live action.

godisntheradio

Neo Member
wow i was thinking just now how amanchu was kinda nice and a tweet from cruncyroll saying a new episode has been released popped on my feed, what a pleasant surprise

mankoto

If you're not crying over fictional characters, you truly haven't lived.

Boruto - 28
Speaking of crying, this episode bored me to tears. They really didn't have to go this route. Oh well. Nice to see that Boruto has been paying serious attention in Ninja school though.

daveo42

Banned

So that's the reason for the timeskip filler? Jeezus. That's alot of unnecessary gravel screaming.

It will be mine soon enough

Real disappointed Skip Beat never got any additional seasons. I need to go back to the manga. I don't think I've read it in a few years.
Was in the middle of the Hawaii arc, which seemed like it was getting close to the end of the series.

I didn't realize the Shimoneta light novels ended last year. The anime and manga were both really well received, yet the popularity seemed to die out really fast. Did something happen?

It, along with KonoSuba are both my favorite guilty pleasures.

Some Nobody

Not that there isn't material for it. 2 chapters an episode is a little slow but you can definitely do it and still have parts of the manga left.

In fact, there's actually a perfect stopping point right around chapter 110 or so. But you could've gotten there in 26 episodes just as easily. Problem is...they're dicking around so much with the source material. Episode 3 looks to be mostly filler as well.

At least Asta's voice is better in episode 2. >_<

Top Bottom