• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers IW trailer info

Jarmel

Banned
Maybe wait till you see the movie? Strange could teleport them all out of there before anyone gets hit.
If he's that powerful then this isn't even a fight. If he can snap his fingers and crack a planet then this is just going to be a bloodbath. Everybody is likely to be useless other than Strange, Wanda, or Vision.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, that sounds legit fantastic. I wanna see D:

LotusHD

Banned
So is everybody going to die in this? The only people who can withstand a planet being thrown at them are Hulk, Thor, Strange, Vision, and Wanda.

That sounds stupid as fuck. Yes it's 'epic' or whatever but it's total fucking nonsense.

Let's wait for the movie to come out

Toa TAK

Banned
omgomgomg we're going to get the Black Order

black_panther_versus_black_dwarf_infinity_marvel.jpg

Please God

Anyone who hasn't read it should check out issue #4 of the Infinity Gauntlet comic. It's basically one big issue of Thanos versus all the heroes and has this great cover

Infinity_Gauntlet_Vol_1_4.jpg

Blader

If he's that powerful then this isn't even a fight. If he can snap his fingers and crack a planet then this is just going to be a bloodbath. Everybody is likely to be useless other than Strange, Wanda, or Vision.

For some reason, I expect that to come up in the movie at some point.

The Kree

Banned
”Fun really isn't something one considers when balancing the universe," a voice says. Gamora turns around in total horror. ”But this puts a smile on my face."

That's EXACTLY what Thanos is supposed to say. EXACTLY.

Then Thanos, in the heat of battle with the Infinity Gauntlet on his hand, uses the power of the two stones he has (Purple and Blue, I think) to grab a moon.

So I'm assuming one of the destroyed landscapes the Guardians and Thor happen upon is Xandar since that's where the purple stone was last.

mjc

So is everybody going to die in this? The only people who can withstand a planet being thrown at them are Hulk, Thor, Strange, Vision, and Wanda.

That sounds stupid as fuck. Yes it's 'epic' or whatever but it's total fucking nonsense.

For years people cry that there has been almost no deaths of consequence.

There will probably be deaths of consequence in IW...people cry foul again.

Stop being silly.

In the comic he literally snaps his fingers and instantly wipes out half the universe's population!

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
That's EXACTLY what Thanos is supposed to say. EXACTLY.

So I'm assuming one of the destroyed landscapes the Guardians and Thor happen upon is Xandar since that's where the purple stone was last.

OK im done reading

this will be amazing

Jarmel

Banned
For years people cry that there has been almost no deaths of consequence.

There will probably be deaths of consequence in IW...people cry foul again.

Stop being silly.
Did I say anything about people dying? I'm fine with people being killed but when they're getting to this high of powerlevels then characters are going to feel useless.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2

The Russo brothers don't do "stupid as fuck."

At the end of the footage, Thanos curls his fist, causes a planet behind them to explode, and then hurls the destroyed pieces down through the atmosphere at those he's fighting.

Is that his super move for the Netherrealm fighting game?

Buckle

They're actually going to use that abomination from the end of Homecoming? Eww.

Goddamn, I've never wanted potato footage more though.

mjc

Did I say anything about people dying? I'm fine with people being killed but when they're getting to this high of powerlevels then characters are going to feel useless.

I mean, should I quote you again where you say it straight out?

styl3s

I don't think the Thor thing is a spoiler considering the movie isn't out for 5 more months and that trailer will be made public before it or before the movie starts.

My guess is something happens early in the movie and it's just a poorly made trailer like most marvel trailers that are full of spoilers from the movie itself.

Throws a planet at them, I'm hoping for a scene like

BQltzw5.jpg

Yea that'd be a sweet way to start the movie.

An asteroid is hurling towards earth, and it takes the combined power of all the super heroes to stop the collision. They stop it, but theirs weird dead alien bodies everywhere. Then they realize it wasn't an asteroid, it was planet.

Then Thanos shows up laughing and says "come at me bros" and proceeds to destroy everyone.

Buckle

I just want to see Thanos bitch slap Thor or Hulk out of the way Luke Cage style like he doesn't even care/is bored.

Jarmel

Banned
I mean, should I quote you again where you say it straight out?
What I meant by that is that everybody is likely to be useless when you jump the powerlevels by this scale. I don't give a shit if they kill off the half the cast but how they do it. I'm not complaining about them killing people off.

Then Thanos, in the heat of battle with the Infinity Gauntlet on his hand, uses the power of the two stones he has (Purple and Blue, I think) to grab a moon.
Purple = Power and blue = Space, so this actually makes sense in its weird comic logic way.

I've read separate descriptions that make it sound like Tony's wearing a new Iron Man suit and fighting alongside the Hulkbuster armor. Obviously, he can be controlling both. But maybe Warmachine is inside that larger suit.

Top Bottom