• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers IW trailer info

SpaceWolf

Banned
Throws a planet at them, I'm hoping for a scene like

BQltzw5.jpg

Haha, I love this cover.

Who's the naked guy under She-Hulk/Gamora?

Zautruche

Banned
So they went the comic road of having Thanos way too powerful for a good story, and be defeated because he is a complete moron. They are also going to kill almost everyone and then hit reset, aren't they ?

But yeah CGI galore, going to be fun to watch !

Beartruck

I predict part 1 ends badly: Everyone dead, earth destroyed, etc. Dr strange is the only one left, and uses everything he has to go back In time and give everyone one more chance.

Avixph

So they went the comic road of having Thanos way too powerful for a good story, and be defeated because he is a complete moron. They are also going to kill almost everyone and then hit reset, aren't they ?

But yeah CGI galore, going to be fun to watch !
The movie is part 1 of a 2 parter.

Blader

What I meant by that is that everybody is likely to be useless when you jump the powerlevels by this scale. I don't give a shit if they kill off the half the cast but how they do it. I'm not complaining about them killing people off.

Maybe not everyone is fighting Thanos.

Scum

I predict part 1 ends badly: Everyone dead, earth destroyed, etc. Dr strange is the only one left, and uses everything he has to go back In time and give everyone one more chance.

But, Beartruck. What if Thanos has the Time Gem...?

MouWorried.png

BREAKING NEWS: the fantastic and recently cancelled Nova comic has been uncancelled.

BREAKING NEWS: it's been cancelled again. Official statement from Marvel: " Fuck you, Haloid1177."

Being a Nova fan is the fucking worst ugh. Seeing the Nova Corps in GOTG just pisses me off every rewatch.

But hey. Thanos sounds cool.

So they went the comic road of having Thanos way too powerful for a good story

The Infinity Gauntlet is a good story, it's probably the best event comic Marvel has ever done.

This also sounds like an amalgamation with the recent Infinity story which was excellent.

I'm not really squeamish about spoilers but I'm so tired of super hero movies I feel like this will bore me to death unless I don't know major story beats or plot points ahead of time. The cg action in these movies just really doesn't light a fire under my crouch they way it used to. The end battle in WW just had me yawning.

If I had a penny everytime I read a post like this.

You'll keep watching like everyone else.

f0lken

So drones ala Ultron?

However isn't Starlord shooting at Thanos in one of the scenes shown?

Well GotG 2 spoilers
he is part celestial, so he is potentially a very powerful being

Give me at least a ms paint animated trailer of this please!!!!

Jarmel

Banned
Well GotG 2 spoilers
he is part celestial, so he is potentially a very powerful being

Give me at least a ms paint animated trailer of this please!!!!
However
he gives that up at the end of the film so he should be normal at this point unless they retcon some other reason in.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Soooo what good is black widow and hawkeye versus a guy who can blow up planets?
Exactly. What good is anyone really? This sounds extremely lame. Is he this powerful in the comics because the force it would require to destroy a planet is ridiculous and WAY overpowered.

SpaceWolf

Banned
This film will end with Tony Stark making the sacrifice play. He's going to lay down on a wire and let Steve Rogers crawl all over him.

G-Bus

Banned
So majority of the avengers are going to die I take it.

I'm on board regardless. Sounds fucking awesome. Really want to see some over the top super hero stuffs.

Jarmel

Banned
I like the idea of everyone being dead at the end of the film but I'm not sure what difference a second go-around would make.

What would be cool is if Strange has been stuck in a time loop where they always lose and this is their X attempt at it.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I like the idea of everyone being dead at the end of the film but I'm not sure what difference a second go-around would make.

What would be cool is if Strange has been stuck in a time loop where they always lose and this is their X attempt at it.

They'll have Captain Marvel for their second try.

[edit]

Unless it's a surprise that she shows up in the first one.

Thanos always wants to lose anyway, that's part of his character. He'll leave an opening for the Avengers to exploit.

The Buck stops here, Sgt!

The Buck will never stop until he gets to his ultimate goal: Kamala.
And then, as the world drowns in an ocean of fan tears, Dan Didio's laugh will echo throughout the universe.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Are they implying that Spider-Man is
wearing the Iron Spider outfit?
(Homecoming spoiler)

Exactly. What good is anyone really? This sounds extremely lame. Is he this powerful in the comics because the force it would require to destroy a planet is ridiculous and WAY overpowered.

lol...he literally becomes the universe in the comic

thanos+is+eternity.jpg

Why don't people wait and see? This is one of Marvel's most beloved stories for a reason and the Russos have proven themselves with Winter Soldier and Civil War.

Top Bottom