• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avoiding polyester, best natural materials for bedding?

I can’t sleep without waking up drenched in sweat and it’s bugging me. I recently found a goose down feather pillow at BB&B on clearance for $15 and it’s so wonderful to sleep on. I keep my foam pillow underneath for support and sink into the feather pillow. It’s helped significantly and now I want to fix the rest of the bed. I have cotton sheets, but polyester comforter and matress cover.

I just purchased a new duvet cover that was on clearance as well. I’ll have to double check but I’m pretty sure it’s 100% cotton. I would like to have two comforters for it, a heavy weight for winter and lighter for spring/fall.
I want a new mattress cover. We had one that we purchased with the bed, but got to the point it needed to be replaced. I got one at target, but it’s all polyester with a poly fill.

So what are my best options on materials/fill and what price point?

camelCase

Honestly polyester is the only one that doesn't make me itch. What part of the world do you live in that you get sweats like that?

When I used to work out a lot I used to sweat in my sleep like a crazy person.

California. Smack dab in the middle where there’s barely any change in weather. We get a few inches of rain a year. It gets about as cold as the 50’s in the winter and just about a 100 in the middle of summer.

Polyester just doesn’t breathe the way cotton, wool, or down does. I got tired of polyester jackets too. I do have some, but my usual one is a 60/40 blend.

I travel out every week for work, so I want to enjoy a good night sleep when I’m at home and I just haven’t been able to in a long time. At least now I can afford quality stuff.

Pejo

Gold Member
Sorry OP, I don't have any info for you, but I'm subscribing to this thread. I also am in CA and hate my bedding set. I just tried out a new "cooling" variant of a comforter/comforter cover from IKEA and it makes me more uncomfortable than the damn 30 dollar set I bought off of Amazon a year ago. Never woke up with so much sweat, over multiple nights too, not just a one time fluke.

Top Bottom