• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
At least we were rewarded with more Space Jam mashups. I don't know if I'll ever get sick of these.

Nairume

Banned
He only did mini games? No pokemon battles? or did I mis them.
He said he was going to do the mini-games that were doable blindfolded, trying to prove them to be beatable despite them being "infamous" for being unfair. He proceeded to lose all but one, and tried to get the audience to help him with one of the minigames because it requires a visual cue to even start.

At least last night's Super Metroid choke is no longer the saddest thing from AGDQ.

Sesha

Holy shit at that donation total, though. Is that the final tally, including Humble Bundle, Yetee, twitch, and everything else from sponsors?

Bonus stream, happens every year. People hang around do runs while waiting for flights and the event slowly cleans up.

Makes sense, I guess. Good viewer count as well for what is basically the day after.

Kid Ska

What happened with Super Metroid?

It wasn't really a choke, per se. One of the racers got rocked by Phantoon about 25 minutes into the run, so it just turned into a single person 100% run, which is a shame because the SM race was pretty hyped up.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
He said he was going to do the mini-games that were doable blindfolded, trying to prove them to be beatable despite them being "infamous" for being unfair. He proceeded to lose all but one, and tried to get the audience to help him with one of the minigames because it requires a visual cue to even start.

At least last night's Super Metroid choke is no longer the saddest thing from AGDQ.

The saddest thing from AGDQ was the atmosphere. Then constant depressing donation comments. then this.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
What happened with Super Metroid?
Runner Epic got really unlucky on a boss 26 minutes in. His death took him out of the race, and restarting would've just made it go over the allotted time. He stopped playing. It took the person running the stream a little while to go back to a solo run setup, so we were all watching Epic stare at the save select screen and look defeated.

Poor guy.

Nanashrew

Banned
Runner Epic got really unlucky on a boss 26 minutes in. His death took him out of the race, and restarting would've just made it go over the allotted time. He stopped playing. It took the person running the stream a little while to go back to a solo run setup, so we were all watching Epic stare at the save select screen and look defeated.

Poor guy.

I still really hope someone took him out and cheered him up after that. Dude looked like he was holding back tears as he was lost in his own head the entire time.

This is the part of GDQ that gets hard for me to watch. Not because I don't like the bonus streams, but just because everything's ending, people are heading home, the whole thing's over. It's like not wanting a holiday to end, but a holiday I actually give a shit about.

Ah well. Somebody wake me up in time for SGDQ.

javadoze

Maybe I have weird tastes but for me N64 Mario Party games have more charms.
Or it's just nostalgia :x

The N64 Mario Party games pretty charming. I especially like the different costumes for the characters in MP2 and the Paper Mario-esque look of the MP3 backgrounds.

Stoze

I crashed last night before the end of OoT, did they get the rest of the money from Humble Bundle? Looking back in the thread it seems there was a 200k jump but I couldn't tell from who or what.

Either way big props, so much money raised.

Kid Ska

"This game is garbage!"
"I guess you can relate then"

Naeg gettin burned something fierce

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I still really hope someone took him out and cheered him up after that. Dude looked like he was holding back tears as he was lost in his own head the entire time.

As nice as the GDQ community seems, I'm sure they helped him out. Hopefully he gets another shot at SGDQ.

Finalow

I see they're playing Mario Party 2, much fun and excit-
615BEA2EB91620939D4994011B515033B25EA029

Top Bottom