• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

Any tips getting the VLC stream to work. Everytime I copy and paste the code using the open network stream option it gives me an error. Something im doing wrong?

Dambrosi

Banned
And it did it again. VLC/MPC users, go here and get your own damn codes.

Any tips getting the VLC stream to work. Everytime I copy and paste the code using the open network stream option it gives me an error. Something im doing wrong?
You need to cut and paste the whole thing. Go to the page I linked, click on one of the row of buttons above the URL in the middle of the page (Flash must be enabled), and then go to your media player and Open File -> CTRL + V into the address bar -> click OK.

You have to do this every time the stream stops and starts again, since the URL resets each time, which is a pain in the arse. Better stream quality at a far lower CPU overhead is just about worth it, IMO.

Umi88

twitch doesnt want us to view the stream on vlc/mpc :( !

To all those who use VLC or MPC:

It seems that every time the stream fails, as it did during the Castle Of Illusion segment, the stream address is reset and must be re-entered into the media player to work.

With this in mind, I highly recommend that you bookmark Bog's Awesome stream2VLC Script page and keep a tab of it open during the event, just in case.

For the lazy, though, I'll show you all the URLs for the Source and High quality streams one more time.

Source:
Code:
http://video4.lhr01.hls.twitch.tv/hls27/gamesdonequick_12508951792_185799816/chunked/py-index-live.m3u8?token=id=4025520281172064182,bid=12508951792,exp=1420530369,node=video4-1.lhr01.hls.justin.tv,nname=video4.lhr01,fmt=chunked&sig=6f01fc3a78c1d57f79bcde94c69fabf80c266e88

High:
Code:
http://video4.lhr01.hls.twitch.tv/hls27/gamesdonequick_12508951792_185799816/high/py-index-live.m3u8?token=id=4025520281172064182,bid=12508951792,exp=1420530369,node=video4-1.lhr01.hls.justin.tv,nname=video4.lhr01,fmt=high&sig=07e6ed87af5a297053b74bb3b6cd6bc8a33380aa

Edit: Oh Umi, it's like you knew me.

:eek: nice script there, I was using wireshark to retrieve the links myself haha :p

daydream

Banned
I thought the new RK was actually decent (if not as good as the earlier games).

Speaking of decent, muthafuckin' Ristar next!

Are Sparkster and Rocket Knight related? They look way too similar.

It's something like this:

Rocket Knight Adventures is the first game. (villains are pigs)

Sparkster is a sequel on the SNES (villains are wolves)
There's also Sparkster on the Genesis (came out around the same time as the SNES game), but it's very different. Villains are lizards btw.

IIRC the three 16-bit games all had different directors, so the games all have their own unique aspects and design.

The X360/PS3/Steam game is by Climax. It's closest to the SNES game (open-levels). The pigs and wolves team up in this entry.

And it did it again. VLC/MPC users, go here and get your own damn codes.

You need to cut and paste the whole thing. Go to the page I linked, click on one of the row of buttons above the URL in the middle of the page (Flash must be enabled), and then go to your media player and Open File -> CTRL + V into the address bar -> click OK.

You have to do this every time the stream stops and starts again, since the URL resets each time, which is a pain in the arse. Better stream quality at a far lower CPU overhead is just about worth it, IMO.

Yup I was doing it right, the code just changed literally the moment I put it in. Thanks.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I'm watching through the DKC: Tropical Freeze run since it was done at Monday 3am local time and I highly recommend it. Some of the best Tropical Freeze runners watching the WR holder race through the game with non-stop commentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O0TMFbI8cc

Thankfully GDQ uploaded it in 60fps.

I know that GDQ usually starts with a Playstation title akin to Ape Escape or Crash or Spyro, but it was a breath of fresh air to see DKC come out of the gates.

Recall

I'm watching through the DKC: Tropical Freeze run since it was done at Monday 3am local time and I highly recommend it. Some of the best Tropical Freeze runners watching the WR holder race through the game with non-stop commentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O0TMFbI8cc

Thankfully GDQ uploaded it in 60fps.

I know that GDQ usually starts with a Playstation title akin to Ape Escape or Crash or Spyro, but it was a breath of fresh air to see DKC come out of the gates.

So amazing these are up on YouTube already. Can't watch twitch at work but I can watch YouTube :)

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
It'd be funny if Miles reached over and grabbed the controller out of Barhunga's hands while Cosmo headbutted him.

Rapstah

Like what? (not trying to sound snippy, don't know how to word this better ^^;) I mean even I can think of some horribly buggy games too, but again, in relative terms, Sonic Boom is way worse than anything I can think of off the top of my head (there are few games whose bugs are so bad that they can easily and consistently lock the game, cause the game to not load, and allow you to skip 80-90% of the game). Though maybe that's just the power of marketing. Because I do know that marketing was near-nonexistent for a lot of games before the PS2-ish era.

Thinking about it for a bit, Goldeneye does have a lot of game-locking bugs (mostly due to mission triggers not going off, making the only way to "complete" the level to die and restart it).

Sorry, I went to sleep and only saw this post now. I was specifically thinking of Hey You! Pikachu.

This Marble game is pretty cool to watch someone run. Don't think I would like playing it, but watching someone who knows what they are doing is enjoyable.

Top Bottom