• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2017 | January 8th - January 15th | Speedrunning for Charity

Crocodile

Did this get posted?:

tumblr_ojt1ej6ZtR1rx4viwo1_1280.jpg
An artist (credit in the lower right corner) did some fanart for multiple games that were speed run over the week. I'll have to catch the runs I missed when I have more free time but congrats to all of the runners and the event for breaking a new record!

Ultimadrago

- SEUM: Speedrunners from Hell: This game looks awesome. It's a platformer FPS with built-in speedrunning functions. Excellent tech, engaging runner, and this game looks incredible. I really hope this becomes a fixture at future GDQs. Recommendation: Awesome, definitely watch.

I just want to echo that this was a really fun run to watch! Catching up on the archives and it was a pleasant surprise. I especially like the "Rock On" hand gesture that confirms fire ball shots.

Rewatching some of the vods I missed... God I can not stand runners who go "stupid game developers" or completely misrepresent our lie about developers.

In this case, I'm watching the OoT3d run and the guy running it is doing both. Calling Grezzo incompetent and then saying they had an interview where they "covered their tracks" by saying they included the bugs to hide the fact they only "copy and pasted" code.

What in the hell does he think porting a game is and also when those interviews are from?

Also, anyone who unironically uses the term "swag strats" instantly gets an eye roll as well.

(Edit) "did you just assume that boss' gender?" *criiiiiiiinge*

Finally got around to watching the Mega Man Legends run, have been looking forward to this run for awhile and have been hoping it'd hit AQDQ for years. Game is so good and so overlooked because of it's somewhat archaic controls... But for a game that pre-dates Ocarina of Time by a year, it is actually a really good OoT style game.

A little bit subdued on the couch, but they were all really informative. Blue Metal has an awesome tutiorial he made a while ago on his channel too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34labXV10IE&t=1269s

Even more drama in the making: a Hitman speedrunner noticed that the Hitman Blood Money run was fraudulent because the runner didn't actually kill the last target.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFFvUlCQ8Rw At 48:50 you can watch the intended kill, and 49:50 you see him exit the level. The mission completion screen then shows only 1 kill, even though the level has 2 targets, who must both be killed before you can exit.

The implication is that he could only have exited the level if he had Cheat Engine running in the background the whole run as a "backup strat".

Foffy

Banned
Even more drama in the making: a Hitman speedrunner noticed that the Hitman Blood Money run was fraudulent because the runner didn't actually kill the last target.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFFvUlCQ8Rw At 48:50 you can watch the intended kill, and 49:50 you see him exit the level. The mission completion screen then shows only 1 kill, even though the level has 2 targets, who must both be killed before you can exit.

The implication is that he could only have exited the level if he had Cheat Engine running in the background the whole run as a "backup strat".

The HUD doesn't even give indication that the target is dead.

His face said it all, too.

E x p o s e d

I don't know much about the game or how it handles loading and stuff but looking back at it, he goes to the gate, nothing happens, he turns around and you hear him hit a second keyboard key which instantly ends the mission.

Blam

they are getting worse every god damn year. Each GDQ is worse then the one before it. Absolutely insane how that works.

Top Bottom