• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Axiom Verge getting physical release on Wii U, Vita, and PS4

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
What happened?
Here's a little more info on why Axiom Verge won't be a thing from LRG.

Unlikely, given how our negotiations with Dan went. If anything they're releasing through a full retail partner. It won't be limited or difficult to acquire as they weren't happy with that aspect of the original IndieBox release. Despite the quality of the game, I think it will be overprinted and end up rotting on shelves.

The issue at hand wasn't the numbers. If I could dive in to details I think everyone would understand why we have no desire to even continue trying to pursue Axiom Verge. Not really diving into the issue but Dan insulted us and pretty hard at that. I don't have any desire to work with someone who would trivialize the work we're doing. Even if we were handed the game on a silver platter we wouldn't want it as a matter of principle.

That's all we know and anything else would be speculation.

rbenchley

Thankfully it's not a Limited Run Games joint.

I can't stand that false scarcity and scalping culture that came out of that once promising initiative.

Yeah, LRG has been horribly disappointing. I'm glad that I had a chance to buy a physical copy of Shadow Complex and I'm looking forward to my copy of Skullgirls (assuming it ever releases...), but all in all, LRG has kind of sucked. They're the video game equivalent of those guys selling baseball cards on HSN. Meh.I was delighted when I found out 505 Games was handling the physical release of Stardew Valley.

Kyry

As a collector, I downloaded this game for PS4 and now I am annoyed that it is coming out for physical. I wish they would say this from the release, I don't mind waiting, but if it's unlikely or uncertain I'll grab it and now I don't have it in my disc collection. Oh well.

Ironically, this seems to be the type of sentiment they wanted to avoid at launch. Seems to have worked as its much later and I still dont expect to forget a blog post about how "We have no intentions on discounting this game soon!"

aadiboy

Sounds like the developer wanted his game to be available to as many people as possible, rather than purposefully limit the amount just to make it rare. I don't really like the concept of LRG for that reason.

Occam

Great that a fantastic game like this is getting a normal physical release, giving everyone a chance to buy it.
I appreciate LRG for bringing us many physical games we wouldn't have otherwise, but their way of distribution is hardly ideal. Having to order each of their releases at an exact time and still risk missing out is quite annoying.
At this point one has to wonder if they really don't have enough capital by now to allow normal pre-ordering for a few days and then simply produce the number ordered instead of this artificial scarcity lottery.

Yeah, I won't be supporting this, considering how Happ treated LRG.

Who knows how he treated them. Unless you have insider information it seems like he wanted copies out there and LRG business model does not support the amount that he wanted.

That is the takeaway from the little I have seen it discussed. I like the concept of LRG but I don't like the scarcity of the titles.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Sounds like the developer wanted his game to be available to as many people as possible, rather than purposefully limit the amount just to make it rare. I don't really like the concept of LRG for that reason.

Who knows how he treated them. Unless you have insider information it seems like he wanted copies out there and LRG business model does not support the amount that he wanted.

That is the takeaway from the little I have seen it discussed. I like the concept of LRG but I don't like the scarcity of the titles.

Which is fine. However, there is no need to insult people and their business as Happ apparently did.

Top Bottom