• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aztez coming to PS4 & vita

Played it at PAX Prime last year, it was he most impressive game on the indie alley.

The combat is legit, and the promise of strategy elements outside of fights is really compeling.

Glad it wasn't locked down as an MS exclusive, as a Vita version is my ideal place to play a game like this.
Sweet that's good news! Is the combat as good as Guacamelee? Where you're forced to use different moves and combos? Or more like a button masher where u can get away with mashing random buttons?

MercuryLS

Banned
Are we ever going to get to the stage where this is bannable? Just the most ignorant bullshit currently doing the rounds on GAF.

Indie games are not at the expense of AAA titles. Sony are not MAKING THE FUCKING INDIE GAMES.

There are too many small minded idiots out there. Better to just ignore them.

That description sounds awesome as hell. Has anyone played this before? I'm assuming it's been released on PC prior.

EDIT: Just saw the art style. Blegh. Looks like crap. Something akin to Guacamelee was what I was expecting. That would have been incredible.

Why are you nerds talking about the artstyle? how about those sick NG black Lunar esque sound effects with that spear weapon in the trailer. FUCKING RAD!

Ive been reading these developer blogs, man I like this guy. Article after article analyzing the genre.

Why are you nerds talking about the artstyle? how about those sick NG black Lunar esque sound effects with that spear weapon in the trailer. FUCKING RAD!

Ive been reading these developer blogs, man I like this guy. Article after article analyzing the genre.

Yep. Reminds me of Tragic13 breakdown of Combat systems prior to Darksiders 2 release.

Cant wait.

kenjisalk

Sweet that's good news! Is the combat as good as Guacamelee? Where you're forced to use different moves and combos? Or more like a button masher where u can get away with mashing random buttons?

I'd say it has more diversity to the combat than Guacamelee, but it's hard to tell how much depth there was from the time I spent with it. It felt very Devil May Cry esque in terms of how combos chain together.

So many indie games. It's going to become like Steam where there are so many games is impossible to know what's garbage and what's good

It does seem to be getting to XBLIG level of quality for some of the recent announcements. But the good stuff will still rise to the top regardless, I wouldn't worry. After all, there are charts and 'featured' games on the PS Store.

Some cool stuff.

C6MnpRf.gif

Enemy stuns into full combo, Hitbox looks big on the sand kick, but the exclamation point gives you a chance to dodge. (the enemies step dodge is sooooo fluid)

This reminds me of NG Black head stomp (IFRAMES ALL DAY)
K5XSdIw.gif

Spear Counter
cRbwlCK.gif

do we have any infor on the expansion of the civilisation? i came in expecting an age of empires style isometric map of the civilisation and got a video of some beat em up....which on its own looks alright

its caught my interest but i want more info

Some cool stuff.

C6MnpRf.gif

Enemy stuns into full combo, Hitbox looks big on the sand kick, but the exclamation point gives you a chance to dodge. (the enemies step dodge is sooooo fluid)

This reminds me of NG Black head stomp (IFRAMES ALL DAY)
K5XSdIw.gif

Spear Counter
cRbwlCK.gif

Im going to have so much fun with this game. The combat system looks extremely fleshed out.

Im going to have so much fun with this game. The combat system looks extremely fleshed out.
Yeah im impressed!
The eagle enemy type seems really fleshed out, It can attack you mid air-combo so there is some risk to styling out on mobs

Also in the spear counter gif some enemies on the right have exclamation points over them before the counter, wonder if its a projectile, maybe a jump dodge? (since in the trailer an exclamation was on an enemy before he jumped) does an enemy jump have invincibility in some instances?

damn this looks promising.

Jigolo

Yeah I'll go whichever is native res and 60 fps between PS4 or Vita. (pls be Vita)

Blacks on Vita will look glorious because of the OLED screen. Just needs native res and 60 fps

SphericalShrillJanenschia.gif

I wonder what the price point will be. And how many enemy variation types there are.

There are at least 5

1) Dudley boxer
2) eagles
3) Priests
4) Grunts
5) Jaguars

Plus on the devblog he mentions that each enemy has 3 variations. Normal, Distinguished and Legendary. Each being bigger and harder to beat than the last.

do we have any infor on the expansion of the civilisation? i came in expecting an age of empires style isometric map of the civilisation and got a video of some beat em up....which on its own looks alright

its caught my interest but i want more info
The dev said they'd talk about the empire soon when someone asked in the comments on the ps blog.

This looks really good, there's gonna be a flood of great indie games for the ps4 starting at the end of the year.

AwShucks

Looks like a 2D Madworld. No thanks. I did not like that game at all. I had a hard time looking at it.

I loved MadWorld. But I'd say that sure while the art style is similar, this being more of a 2d plane helps and yeah MadWorld always seemed a bit sub par on the crispness.

mreddie

Had a chance to play it during a Indie game thing in Phoenix, it's was awesome, I played it with the Oculus Rift, it was insane.

nampad

The information really got me interested as the Vita is missing a turn based strategy game. Unfortunately, the trailer only showed the beat em up gameplay, which looked ok.

Top Bottom