• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS eShop) coming out in August, new screens and video

L~A

Inti Creates just announced that Azure Striker Gunvolt would be out in August on the Japanese eShop. They also uploaded a brand new video for the game : YouTube

They also have lots of screenshots there, too.

US release should come soon after the JP release, but EU release is still left TBA. Oh, and one more thing: it's a digital-only game in all terriotories.

Please deliver me to the Sumeragi group and lock if old.

ImLibo

Nice! A couple days ago I asked the official Gunvolt twitter account for an update on the US release and they implied it'd be out in September.

Thorakai

That didn't seem too interesting to me...do you just shoot three times to tag an enemy and just unleash the lightning bolt? I imagine the (what appears to be) tutorial sheds light on how the system works? Pretty uneventful trailer.

brainpann

That didn't seem to interesting to me...do you just shoot three times to tag an enemy and just unleash the lightning bolt? I imagine the (what appears to be) tutorial sheds light on how the system works? Pretty uneventful trailer.

Yeah- I sorta feel the same way from what was shown......

So fast paced, love it!. Characters talking over the gameplay screen is annoying, I hope you can move that to the second screen or disable them.

August/September???? Gaaah fuck everything coming out in the fall

I'd rather get it later and have a superior end product but man I was hoping for a July release. At least there's Shovel Knight

Needham

Hopefully the game is more challenging then just tagging enemies and sitting in your invincible lightning bubble while everything dies. I want it to be good, but man, nothing they've shown has been very exciting.

Articalys

Wish there was a translation of that Gamer.ne.jp article; looks like it goes into tons of detail about the battle system.

brdkrz0ccaaz5vs.jpgla52j2b.jpg

That text makes no sense to me, lol

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Am I the only one more interested in this than Might N° 9? Still upset by the lack of PAL release...

Heyt

Banned
Looks great, but I kind of reject the idea of being digital only. I would prefer to have a boxed edition and a 3DS card instead of having to use 3DS SD storage. The reason being I don't really think I'm going to replay this game all that much.

wait this game isn't going to be released on PAL? what the hell!?

Tsunamo

The PAL releases will probably take awhile so i'll put my Japanese 3DS to use and get this when it comes out in Japan. Can't wait to play it.

Berordn

Game looks pretty tight. No retail?

If the lightning mechanic is the basis of the entire game, that might be for the best. It looks neat and it's obviously inspired by Mega Man Zero, but it doesn't look like something that'll last nearly as long.

I do love how Azure Striker is a synonym to Blue Bomber, though.

Crocodile

WAY TOO MUCH yapping going on for my tastes. Granted I don't speak Japanese but I'm skeptical the writing will be as good as say Kid Icarus Uprising or as cheezy as Star Fox 64 so I can imagine it becoming a nuisance.

Gamepay that was shown also lacked the visceral speed of say Mega Man Zero but it could just be an intro stage so maybe its unfair to judge.

So I'd never heard of this until a few days ago in an off-hand comment in a Mighty No 9 thread... what the heck is this game? I mean, it's basically also Mighty No 9 but with a different name and only coming out on 3DS, right? Are Inti Creates and Inafune working on this and MN9 simultaneously? I'm confused, explain!

So I'd never heard of this until a few days ago in an off-hand comment in a Mighty No 9 thread... what the heck is this game? I mean, it's basically also Mighty No 9 but with a different name and only coming out on 3DS, right? Are Inti Creates and Inafune working on this and MN9 simultaneously? I'm confused, explain!
It's more in the vein of the Zero games than traditional Megaman games

While Inafune is involved with this project, I don't think its as closely as his involvement with Mighty No 9.

kiryogi

Banned
WAY TOO MUCH yapping going on for my tastes. Granted I don't speak Japanese but I'm skeptical the writing will be as good as say Kid Icarus Uprising or as cheezy as Star Fox 64 so I can imagine it becoming a nuisance.

Gamepay that was shown also lacked the visceral speed of say Mega Man Zero but it could just be an intro stage so maybe its unfair to judge.

Pretty sure it's going to be just as visceral if you've looked at the bosses we're gonna face.

It's more in the vein of the Zero games than traditional Megaman games

While Inafune is involved with this project, I don't think its as closely as his involvement with Mighty No 9.

But they're both being developed by Inti Creates? Or am I wrong on that one? Who's publishing it? There's no wiki page, apologies for all the questions.

Edit : I guess it's just weird to me that two such similar products are in development at the same time by the same companies... I suppose it shouldn't be that weird though, I should just be glad. We've basically got a new Mega Man (Shovel Knight), and new Mega Man X (Mighty No 9) and a new Mega Man Zero (Azure Striker) coming out within a year or so of one another. That's pretty great.

Azure Striker though... who came up with that name? They just checked for "blue bomber" in a thesaurus, obviously, right?

But they're both being developed by Inti Creates? Or am I wrong on that one? Who's publishing it? There's no wiki page, apologies for all the questions.
If I'm not mistaken, Comcept is predominantly developing MN9. Inti Creates is just helping.

If I had to guess: either Inti will jump over to help after Gunvolt is finished, or they have multiple teams. It seems like Gunvolt is mostly finished at this point, probably just adding polish and working on localization stuff.

EDIT: I was incorrect

Edit : I guess it's just weird to me that two such similar products are in development at the same time by the same companies... I suppose it shouldn't be that weird though, I should just be glad. We've basically got a new Mega Man (Shovel Knight), and new Mega Man X (Mighty No 9) and a new Mega Man Zero (Azure Striker) coming out within a year or so of one another. That's pretty great.

Azure Striker though... who came up with that name? They just checked for "blue bomber" in a thesaurus, obviously, right?
Secretly hopes for a Mighty No 9/Azure Striker Gunvolt crossover in the future. Or at least small mentions that the worlds are connected.

If I'm not mistaken, Comcept is predominantly developing MN9. Inti Creates is just helping.

If I had to guess: either Inti will jump over to help after Gunvolt is finished, or they have multiple teams. It seems like Gunvolt is mostly finished at this point, probably just adding polish and working on localization stuff.

Inti is developing M9 too, programming and all the "hard work" is done by them.

L~A

Both games are developped by Inti Creates. AZG is developped and published by Inti Create, and they actually own the IP.

Killah

The gameplay trailer looked incredibly boring. I hope there are more variety in attacks then just tagging and using lightning. :/

Really looking forward to this game.
Inti Creates really seems to have their hands full. They are developing this, MN9, and also a couple unannounced projects plus are providing Character Art for both Shantae games that are coming out

Top Bottom