• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baby Park is Real (MK 8 DLC)

ffdgh

A wild movie reference appears!
OocvKjo.png

AdanVC

zmBmBPv.jpg

Look at this sexy beast and I'm don't mean Mario

Looks amazinng!! It's a brand new kart, right?? I've never seen this in a MK game before. Freaking designers did a top notch job!! Also, hahahah I love how Luigi is perfectly positioned there giving a death stare.

Why Babypark? That track was great in Double Dash because of the special items like the Big Shell. It was already featured in MKDS and it's just nothing more than doin laps. To me, a waste of space.

All the other new tracks and retro tracks look great. I'm happy Neo Bowser City is in, one of my favorite tracks in MK7.

I never played the GBA MarioKart, so for me these 2 retro tracks are new, but they look awesome. Can't wait to play this dlc alongside the 200cc add-on.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
All we need is one more DLC to put this over the top. Legit BATTLE MODE ARENAS. Block Fort damn it! Otherwise, why even have battle mode?! It doesn't work as well as it should by using the existing tracks. We need some battle arenas damn it!

12 player Block Fort battle arena. C'mon Nintendo. SO CLOSE to perfection! Seal the deal!

They should port the Battle stages from MK DS

phanphare

Banned
Why Babypark? That track was great in Double Dash because of the special items like the Big Shell. It was already featured in MKDS and it's just nothing more than doin laps. To me, a waste of space.

All the other new tracks and retro tracks look great. I'm happy Neo Bowser City is in, one of my favorite tracks in MK7.

I never played the GBA MarioKart, so for me these 2 retro tracks are new, but they look awesome. Can't wait to play this dlc alongside the 200cc add-on.

all anti-grav + 200cc = pure fucking mayhem

The "leak" was right. That's surprising.

Also a lot of GBA love with two GBA tracks

I was pretty disappointed the main game didn't get a lot of GBA courses (only 1!) so it's nice to see two of the better ones being redone for this DLC pack. I spent so much time with the GBA game back in 2003.

Davey Cakes

People keep acting like Baby Park is a direct copy of the GC iteration minus the items.

In the MK8 iteration you can't forget the following details:

-12 players
-Anti-gravity
-200CC option

These things were not present in the GC or DS versions. MK8 puts its own spin on things.

So do we know exactly how long until release?
April 23rd is the day.

Looks amazinng!! It's a brand new kart, right?? I've never seen this in a MK game before. Freaking designers did a top notch job!! Also, hahahah I love how Luigi is perfectly positioned there giving a death stare.
Yeah man it's really an awesome design! I thought nothing would ever replace the bdasher but then this baby came into my life

Neiteio

Is the Bone Rattler a bike? It has three wheels... I -think- it's a bike. And if so, do you think it turns like a bike, or is it one of those bikes that turns like a kart? I use karts, so that's the turning I prefer.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Is the Bone Rattler a bike? It has three wheels... I -think- it's a bike. And if so, do you think it turns like a bike, or is it one of those bikes that turns like a kart? I use karts, so that's the turning I prefer.

MK8 hates inside drift bikes, so it's probably not one.

The Bone Rattler naming scheme is real weird.

In Japan, it's the Bowser Trike, which is strange because they traditionally just call him Koopa there.

In English, it's the Bone Rattler, for whatever reason.

Roo

It's an ATV

It's not a bike.

It's a trike. No joke. lol

Mory Dunz

That Kung Fu Lakitu is like M&L or PM style of witty writing and design.

I've got a feeling they aren't done supporting this game with DLC. I wouldn't be surprised to see two more packs like this announced at E3.
I need this.

For their next console launch, they should just release an updated version of this game with more characters, more tracks, all of the DLC, and 1080p. I'd buy it.
They would probably get trashed on here for doing that.
I'd buy it.

No pinball?

That picture is hilarious? Meme worthy, if it's not.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The Bone Rattler naming scheme is real weird.

In Japan, it's the Bowser Trike, which is strange because they traditionally just call him Koopa there.

In English, it's the Bone Rattler, for whatever reason.

The one Bowser Bike in Wii was also called "Bowser" in Japan.

But you know, I didn't even notice when I watched the DLC Trailer how weird it was to hear Bowser spoken in Japanese till you just pointed it out.

RagnarokX

One cool thing about Ribbon Road is that it's divided into 3 castles.

The starting castle is pink/red and features a super bell as its emblem and has a bunch of toy toads.

Then you jump across a gap into a green castle with a Bowser emblem, Bowser shell towers, and mecha koopas.

Then you jump across another gap to a light blue castle with a luma as its logo and stars atop the towers; and rather than a traditional castle this part of the track is floating in the air like it's in space. This section highlights a globe of Earth on a nearby shelf and several things like presents and bedsheets with stars on them.

There are also yarn yoshis in the amiibo colors (pink, green, and blue) hanging out in each section according to their color. So it's almost like a Wooly World track.

Neiteio

One cool thing about Ribbon Road is that it's divided into 3 castles.

The starting castle is pink/red and features a super bell as its emblem and has a bunch of toy toads.

Then you jump across a gap into a green castle with a Bowser emblem, Bowser shell towers, and mecha koopas.

Then you jump across another gap to a light blue castle with a luma as its logo and stars atop the towers; and rather than a traditional castle this part of the track is floating in the air like it's in space. This section highlights a globe of Earth on a nearby shelf and several things like presents and bedsheets with stars on them.

There are also yarn yoshis in the amiibo colors (pink, green, and blue) hanging out in each section according to their color. So it's almost like a Wooly World track.
Awesome observations. PM the link to your post to MaverickHunterAsh (Ash Paulsen on GameXplain) and ask him to pass along your observations to Andre for his inevitable "hidden details" video on this track.

Roo

I wonder why they decided to wait until the last lap of Baby Park to turn on the lights of the railings.
It looks awesome and it's a shame we only can see it for like... 8 seconds at best.

Top Bottom