• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Back to summer in the US- high temperatures break records all over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It's a sweltering 60F in Seattle.

Is it just me but whenever I see those long term forecasts it seems like the PNW is either average or below average?

I remember the "heat dome" back in 2011 that roasted the Midwest with 115+ degrees for days and the PNW enjoyed a mild summer...

Ballistik

In the southwestern desert, its been in the mid 90s the past week and expected to hit 100 on Saturday before finally cooling off into the 80s.

It's 86 goddamn degrees here in the middle of October down here in NC. I spent three months looking forward to hoodies, scarves, jackets, and I get this shit? Thanks, humanity.
It was 85 degrees in upstate New York yesterday. I was walking around yellow, orange, and red trees in shorts and a t-shirt. It's weird af

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
I could have sworn I saw a repot that said every year we are breaking history records for heat.

It is. The temp is steadily going up each year. It's not something that happens overnight though.

cdyhybrid

Is it just me but whenever I see those long term forecasts it seems like the PNW is either average or below average?

I remember the "heat dome" back in 2011 that roasted the Midwest with 115+ degrees for days and the PNW enjoyed a mild summer...
The PNW is weird. We got like two or three weeks in the 80s and 90s in April and then nothing that high the rest of the summer.

In Missouri we had a high of 90 on Monday, 85 today, and a high projected of 65 tomorrow. It like mother nature is all "fuck your sinuses!"

jb1234

We've been having some unnaturally toasty summers in the last decade or so.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
201609.gif

Everybody thinks the solution to this is complicated and multinational.

It's obvious the answer is to use a moving average.

Strimei

Was approaching 90 today here. I actually hooked up my AC again for yesterday and today, especially due to my room baking in the sun all day long.

Liberty4all

Banned
I have a scarf and Winter gear on. It's cold here in central Alberta, 43f, 6c. Although to be fair this isn't too bad for Alberta. Last week it was -10c, 14f, and we got 7cm of snow.

Super jealous though of my family back in Toronto enjoying summer like weather.

Lkr

it was only low-mid 80s today, i think it started in low 70s. Orlando, FL. I saw people on campus in long sleeves today, it is a Florida fall confirmed

Ra\/en

I have a scarf and Winter gear on. It's cold here in central Alberta, 43f, 6c. Although to be fair this isn't too bad for Alberta. Last week it was -10c, 14f, and we got 7cm of snow.

Super jealous though of my family back in Toronto enjoying summer like weather.

Yeah it is somewhat chilly in Alberta. Nothing crazy, but certainly seasonably normal I would think.

That damn Indian Summer was one of the reasons I left the South. It was around 89 on Saturday here in Denver, then declining temps down to 65 tomorrow. Thankfully when I go back to the ATL next weekend, it's supposed to actually feel like fall then.

Where I live, it semes like it's pretty warm, but it's quite obviously feels like fall right now. In fact I have caught a real bad cold right now because of the weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom