• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SF Bay Area/NorCal heat wave incoming - SF record high broken at 106° F

Chaplain

Socal is cooling off this weekend and down into the mid/low 80s next week.

Not in the San Fernando valley.

21192286_10212694869820626_7098015379329664797_n.jpg

I live in the east county in San Diego and it's hot as shit outside it's currently 100 lol. I've never lived in a place with working ac. The only place I can cool off is in my car since I finally fixed the cars ac last week. I go through this shit every year I'm used to just sweating it out during the summer haha.

It's been pretty hot here in LA for the past week or so. Summer's actually been bearable for the most part. August, which is usually the time we get plastered with heat waves, was pretty nice up until the end, and now, I haven't been able to sleep dry in the past couple days. Go to sleep sweating, wake up in the middle of the night sweating (takes a shower), goes back to sleep sweating, wake up in the morning sweating.

I know we always have that topic of what is better, Summer or Winter. To all those that pick "Summer", fuck off!

Yeah, we are supposed to get cooler in the weekend. Sat and Sun seem to be ten degrees lower, in the 90s, and Monday and Tuesday seem head off into the 80s. Gimme 80s! I'm generally more partial to 60-70s (that, IMO, is the perfect "day" weather), but if it has to be "warm", I'd much embrace the 80s than the 100s.

Good thing I'm not a kid or teen anymore. They said on the news that around 60% of the schools in Long Beach have no AC. I remember in high school at the start school having Driver's Ed in a class with no AC and no fans. All the windows were open and we kept the lights off to "try" to keep it cooler (just used to light coming in from the windows to illuminate the class, which worked fine). That fuckin' sucked ass. It was like you had to peel yourself from your desk after the class let out. The only good thing about that was the other classes I had (especially the one after) had AC.

Join us NorCal bros! And make sure to stay hydrated.

Hotter than the Bay, yeah. We're towards the tail-end of a 100+ week.

Fortunately this is only the 2nd 100+ week of this entire summer so that's not too bad all things considered. Felt like we had an entire month and a half's worth last year.

Yeah I've been bitching about this recent heat wave but thinking back on it this is NOTHING compared to last year, that was just fuckin insane and I lived in Burbank so all the heat just sat trapped. And last summer I was on hiatus from work too and Burbank's power prices are so stupid, could barely afford to run my AC, just trying to lay still at home during peak hours while I poured sweat.

I wish there was a way to control the weather, so we could help out Texas and pull some of that rain over here. Spread the storm out over California and get everyone some relief. It's 2017 guys why don't we have this technology yet.

Ocara

100 in rocklin.. without the sun, and the hottest part of the day is yet to come. Not looking forward to leaving the AC'd office and getting into an oven on wheels later.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Nasty as hell in SR. Everything is smoky and gross. Blech.

Baby pool tonight.

I wonder if Trump will still double down on the global warming hoax if asked on Twitter.

The fucker don't care. Every place he is or goes to has AC on blast to keep his orange turdness perpetually cool. Rich fucks don't give a damn, they don't have to deal with things we regular people have to endure through. Unless this heat goes and physically shuts off their AC and FORCES them to confront it, they ain't going to budge from their belief.

Catdaddy

Visited SF/ Monterrey in mid June had to buy a sweatshirt because it was in the low 60s with high winds and we were unprepared, far different from the Nashville TN June weather of 90s + humidity.

It's 90-100 in the Bay area and its 64 and windy here in Nashville today.. we're supposed to have the miserable heat - but you can have it for a few days..

(I fucking loved the weather out there and this is the first day we could open windows in our house here since April without killing our AC...)

Good luck out there

louiedog

99 and i just saw two people wearing jackets

edit: Also there were 4x as many people as I've ever seen in that Walgreens and they were all buying ice cream and bottled drinks.

edit 2: Also one of my neighbors is supposed to be moving out today. I feel so bad for them.

jeremy1456

I live in NorCal. I clicked this thread all concerned, looked at the map, and was like 'I thought the OP said the heatwave is in NorCal?'

That isn't Northern California. Come on.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I live in NorCal. I clicked this thread all concerned, looked at the map, and was like 'I thought the OP said the heatwave is in NorCal?'

That isn't Northern California. Come on.

Yes it is.

Eveything north of that is obviously South Oregon.

So they cancelled a Texas @ Cal game due to the poor air quality in Berkeley. So on top of the heat you also have poor air quality due to all the forest fires up there. Sounds like hell on Earth

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
SF all-time record broken:

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Hey-San-Francisco-get-ready-for-the-heat-12166706.php

Friday’s temperatures baked, roasted and fried heat records that have stood for half a century around the Bay Area, from San Jose to San Francisco — where it hit 104 degrees, an all-time record for the city.

Meteorologist Scott Rowe of the National Weather Service in Monterey summed up the news with this masterful understatement: “It’s going to be very hot.”

Soma

Just got off work in the union square area and haven't been outside since 6am. Damn!

Mixed in with that great tenderloin scent. Woo boy.

104 in Oakland. My apartment, like most in the area, doesn't have AC. I'm hiding out in the office tonight, but the weekend is going to be hell. It's not easy on my poor cats either. I tried to buy a portable AC, but all the stores are sold out. Fans are selling out too.

104 in Oakland. My apartment, like most in the area, doesn't have AC. I'm hiding out in the office tonight, but the weekend is going to be hell. It's not easy on my poor cats either. I tried to buy a portable AC, but all the stores are sold out. Fans are selling out too.

Ugh, sorry to hear it. That really sucks.

Top Bottom