• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Back4Blood listed as a day one gamepass title at launch

Every other move by team green has left me with "Meh", but this, this is different. I imagine MS has probably acquired some WB gaming IP.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Wow, I was actually surprised about the brand new Dark Alliance going on GP, then now this!

2 incredible brand new co-op game to play! :)

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
This is/ was clearly the goal with the service, yes. It just takes a bit of time to ramp up launch day deals and 1st party content. Quite excited to see where the service is at in a year or two. I already have more games than I have time to play, but at least I'm never bored. Dark Alliance was a nice (recent) surprise, since I love me 3rd person fantasy titles, especially with co-op.

Agreed. It's amazing how narrow sighted people are who think it's impossible for every game, from every publisher, including AAA games, to release on Gamepass on day 1.

I was once a subscription doubter and thought it was impossible, but Microsoft have so much money, they could easily throw billions at publishers for their games to come to Gamepass.

I don't give a shit how much it'll cost per month, and if it means my games are locked to a Gamepass account. I just don't want to buy another £70 game ever again. I want the greatest games of all time day one on Gamepass.

I'd also pay the same if Sony did this with PS Now, but I doubt Sony have the same financial clout to make it work. I'd certainly sign up to a Sony subscription service if their sweet, sweet exclusive games were on PS Now on day one!

Kuranghi

Noice, I'll try it when/if Game Pass comes to Steam.

edit - Calverz is laughing at me again! Mummmmmmm!

Is that not a thing? I swear that was rumored/leaked. Being a graphics nerd I can't endorse the Windows Store, it sucks balls in that regard.

Last edited:
Interesting.... I was thinking of buying it. I won't now though.... if another platform gets it for practically free, I certainly ain't paying 80 for it. Hahaha!
So you were interested enough to buy it but now you won’t because of something on a platform you have no interest in? Seems legit.

Also this isn’t a Sony game so idk if it will be $80.

Bridges

This was one of the only remaining (already announced) games coming out this year that I planned to buy, so if true this is pretty huge. Game Pass keeps on delivering

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Way To Go Thumbs Up GIF

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Unless a game is COD, I think just about every other studio making shooter games is looking at F2P or sub models as an option. It can be much more worth it to give away the game and make bank on mtx from boatloads of gamers then get $70 (more like $50 after digital cut fee), and live off a smaller gamer pool hoping it works.

Heck, even Activision does it with free Warzone as a carrot to pay mtx, and then get them to buy the rest of the game.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
I think the best thing about game pass is the fact all your mates with an xbox probably have it too, and it means you all have access to the games and can enjoy them together.

Back 4 blood
Dungeons and dragons: dark alliance
Warhammer: Darktide
The ascent

Games with Co op all coming to game pass that I'm looking forward to playing with friends.

Last edited:
Top Bottom