• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Backpack Kid Speaks Out After Suing Fortnite Creator ... Over Floss Dance.

zeorhymer

He's not going to win in the court of law. Social Dances: Social dance steps and simple routines are not copyrightable as choreography. Also, the same law firm for Ribeiro's lawsuit is the same firm for the backpack kid....

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Everything is trademarked these days pretty soon you won’t able to flick a booger without a lawyer emerging from the bushes and suing your ass.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Fortnite didn’t get popular because of these dances which is why none of these money grab lawsuits are going to fail.

TLZ

Banned
Absolutely scumbags. They don't own the dances and they know that, at least one of them is trying to bring cultural appropriation to court, and most importantly they didn't really invent the dances, they just made them popular... but fortnite made them more popular and they can't handle it...
That's not the reason. Fortnite are selling these dances aren't they?

Grinchy

Banned
Everything is trademarked these days pretty soon you won’t able to flick a booger without a lawyer emerging from the bushes and suing your ass.

What if I copyright a "pop out of bush" dance? I could sue the shit out of that lawyer.

Last edited:

Airola

I wonder how many movie and video game producers have paid compensation to Michael Jackson's family when they've parodied the thriller zombie dance thing in their movies and games.
Zero?

0NrxDTv.gif

GirthBrooks

Neo Member
Guys, it’s just the fact that these companies are making money off these dances, since they are not free, they are bought emotes.

They argue that they’re making money off something these people created without credit.

Think on it a bit, and then see if they are still scumbags for suing.
I guess the thing is while I agree that it is odd that they are profiting off of something someone else created, they aren't taking any possible revenue stream from the creators because there just doesn't exist a platform for a person to market a dance.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Huh ?

is this related to gaming? .. oh wow it’s fortnite and dances ( the idea of gaming is changing with every new gen ) I’m glad I was there before even PS1 comes

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
I just wiggled my index and middle fingers back and forth while waving my arms counterclockwise.

This is now a copyrighted move that you have to pay me to replicate.

Top Bottom