• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYPD is at it again: Mom Arrested After Asking Police to Talk to Young Son

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDSN

Banned
So whats the exact timetable for all the facts to arrive? Is it when the news dig up some more unrelated shit that people are wishing to find? What if she wins the case and theres an appeal? Should we wait for it? This "wait for all the facts" (that support my bias) deals are so arbitrary.

PopeReal

Fuck the NYPD. Three coward cops watched as a fellow officer commited a crime and didn't do shit. These are the people sworn to protect you.

So whats the exact timetable for all the facts to arrive? Is it when the news dig up some more unrelated shit that people are wishing to find? What if she wins the case and theres an appeal? Should we wait for it? This "wait for all the facts" (that support my bias) are so arbitrary.

"Let's wait for the facts... in the meantime, here's news from 9 years ago"

"Let's wait for the facts... in the meantime, here's news from 9 years ago"

And for some reason we don't have to wait for the facts on that case. Just post it as a consideration. I dunno what I should consider though. If she freaked and attacked the cop for some reason she would have been charged with assault not child endangerment. And if it had merit, it probably would have stuck but it was thrown out.

BBboy20

The more stories I read about thuggish and abusive cop behaviour directed at blacks, hispanics or poor whites, the more Im convinced the "system" is fundamentally working the way it was set up to work. American police are as much about enforcing the social status quo (with blacks and hispanics as second class citizens) as they are about crime prevention. Im not saying there is a directive to go out and kick minorities heads in, but its the logical consequence of public policies that target groups that dont have the political clout to seriously fight back.
And an established majority that doesn't believe this is happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom