• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur's Gate 3 is causing some devs to panic

Status
Not open for further replies.
The developers speaking out are examples of "you don't need to say everything that comes to mind." Spiderman 2 is out in october, no one is expecting it to be of the same scope as BG3...crpgs are centered around a high level of story freedom we don't expect out of most games. Nor would I want every game to be BG3. It would be exhusting. I put like 40 hours in the past week and I'm barely out of act 2, games like this are superb, and its going to be in my top 10 of all time but a solid 10-20 hour experience are needed.

Toons

Its harder to be convinced that gamers have any standards at all, because the biggest sellers are the same guys that always are, AAAs and COD and whatnot. Big games that come out and are both well polished and narratively challenging like say last of us 2, get caught up in other nonsense and folks bash it regardless, but it still sells. It doesn't surprise me at all why devs go for known IPs already, games are ridiculously expensive and huge risks.

Toons

In what other industry is this acceptable?

Most of them, its just that most of them give you access to the highest quality stuff so long as you pay.

That includes the commercial airline industry, which gives you a more comfortable experience the more cash you fork out. And the car industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom