• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur's Gate 3 is now available on the Xbox store

Calverz

£21...you have me intrigued?
Deluxe version is £42 on icelandic store. Then went halfers with a mate I game share with. £21
James Franco Flirt GIF

RaZoR No1

On Gamivo a code for the Egypt store is available for only around 20€
It can be redeemed with a VPN Egypt Server

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa
Broke down and bought this, despite my usual refusal to buy anything full price if it launches late. Consoling myself that I used reward points rather than cash.

Now to never actually play it…

Last edited:

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Broke down and bought this, despite my usual refusal to buy anything full price if it launches late. Consoling myself that I used reward points rather than cash.

Now to never actually play it…

I’m on the same boat. $70 is a tough pill to swallow and I’m currently playing two games. I might bite either way.

Skifi28

The problem occurs (PS5) in act 2 and when there are a shit ton of enemies. The starting area is nothing.
It should be much better after the latest updates though, no? On PC I was CPU limited and barely getting above 35-40fps in some parts of act2 & 3 and now I'm almost always in the 50-60 range. Supposedly the same optimisation went also to the console versions.

twilo99

Seriously, the form factor is FUCKING INSANE. I only need an HDMI and the cable and that's it to move it room to room. I would kill to buy a series S shell and build my next PC in it. It's that fucking nice.

Yes, it travels well too, I’ve taken it to a friend’s house a few times and it fits a small backpack no problem. It a nice piece of hardware, especially at that price point.

Building a PC so small will be very hard I think but I do like this case a lot

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Yes, it travels well too, I’ve taken it to a friend’s house a few times and it fits a small backpack no problem. It a nice piece of hardware, especially at that price point.

Building a PC so small will be very hard I think but I do like this case a lot

It would be interesting if Microsoft were to redesign the Series S to be even smaller and lighter with a more efficient processor. What turned me on to the console as my primary gaming rig, is the miniature size and price.

twilo99

It would be interesting if Microsoft were to redesign the Series S to be even smaller and lighter with a more efficient processor. What turned me on to the console as my primary gaming rig, is the miniature size and price.

Mm maybe if they can do something with an ARM chip but that would require all sorts of emulation and complexity on the software side.

Maybe AMD can provide something they can work with, but with what they have on offer currently it will require more space, at least that my take.

Maybe a handheld?

Complistic

I just recently tried to replay Wasteland 3 and I can't stand the combat. I liked Wasteland when it first came out, but I think I don't have the patience for turn-based games anymore. I wish it was coming to Game Pass so I could see if I don't hate Balders Gate 3 combat. I'm going to at least wait until there is a sale.
Its worth playing on easy and just rolling though the combat if you're not into that aspect.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Its worth playing on easy and just rolling though the combat if you're not into that aspect.
That's actually what I did. It sped the combat up and I didn't have to do it over if I got defeated since I never got defeated on easy, but was I still bored with the combat, and it still took too long to complete so I eventually quit.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
That's such a weird thing to say if that's what someone has.
I could have gone with. I'm begging you to not play that piece of shit version. Or maybe a less subtle if you play this version? It's going to hurt my feelings. Either way, I'm sure whoever place that version is going to feel they are worthy. Enjoy the game and Good bless America

Last edited:

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Mm maybe if they can do something with an ARM chip but that would require all sorts of emulation and complexity on the software side.

Maybe AMD can provide something they can work with, but with what they have on offer currently it will require more space, at least that my take.

Maybe a handheld?

I just meant getting Lockhart down to 3nm next year, and shrinking the package by 15-20%. It wouldn’t exactly be an Apple TV box in size, but it would be even more attractive.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
so what Console version is the best now? Is Xbox series x better than ps5 or we at parity now?

Not sure which console to get it on was holding off..

twilo99

I just meant getting Lockhart down to 3nm next year, and shrinking the package by 15-20%. It wouldn’t exactly be an Apple TV box in size, but it would be even more attractive.

That might be doable, but remember the Apple TV and the mac mini are both "fanless" designs thanks to ARM, I just don't see how they can get away without active cooling with an AMD chipset, but maybe, I don't know enough.

twilo99

so what Console version is the best now? Is Xbox series x better than ps5 or we at parity now?

Not sure which console to get it on was holding off..

The difference between all of them will be negligible, so go with whatever you like best.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
The difference between all of them will be negligible, so go with whatever you like best.
Has the performance patches from the Xbox version been applied to the PS5? I hear on XBOX you can use m/k is that true for PS5 as well?

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Was tempted to pick this up on Xbox, despite being able to get it for PS5.

The hype on this game can pull you along, it's incredible.

Luckily I remembered it was turn based combat and dodged the bullet again.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
To buy from eneba? ye, they will take your money lol

The VPN is free, so just donwload
I went to the Xbox store first and I don't think it worked.

Went to eneba and it wont work because I'm not in Egypt. Closest country I see on this tunnel bear map is Nigeria. I don't see how to set it to Egypt.

twilo99

Went to eneba and it wont work because I'm not in Egypt. Closest country I see on this tunnel bear map is Nigeria. I don't see how to set it to Egypt.

Oh, I misled you then, I thought they had Egypt as one of their countries. I just checked my NordVPN and that doesn't have Egypt either.. guessing some politics are involved.

Can anyone here suggest one that works?

j0hnnix

Gold Member

You should not need to be on Egypt location to purchase the key from Eneba just to redeem code on Xbox site. I just needed to confirm I knew this was a key for Egypt region while I'm on US. Use Express VPN free trial from IOS/Android then cancel when you are done.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
You should not need to be on Egypt location to purchase the key from Eneba just to redeem code on Xbox site. I just needed to confirm I knew this was a key for Egypt region while I'm on US. Use Express VPN free trial from IOS/Android then cancel when you are done.
EDIT: Nevermind. I got it. I'll try your VPN suggestion.

Last edited:

Soltype

Eneba has BGIII keys for $20, they are Egypt region locked so VPN needed to redeem. Got it downloading now.
good looking out, didn't want to buy this game again full price.

My last question since I'm a moron.

So I don't need to be in Egypt to buy. Fine. Where do I need to be?

Redeem while in US is fine.

That's what I've read here.
You buy the key normally, when activating on redeem.microsoft.com make sure you're connected to an Egypt IP with the VPN.After activation you're good.

Last edited:

BlackTron

Man I wish this was Play Anywhere so waiting for Xbox version would mean I get both console and PC with seamless shared save.

But procrastinating got me nothing this time, I should still just get the PC version

twilo99

Man I wish this was Play Anywhere so waiting for Xbox version would mean I get both console and PC with seamless shared save.

But procrastinating got me nothing this time, I should still just get the PC version

But how does that work when the game isn't on gamepass? I thought that's the only way "play anywhere" works

Top Bottom