• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur's Gate 3 is now available on the Xbox store

Senua

Yep, but seems to be even more exaggerated in the console world for whatever reason.
On this forum at least PC gamers seem to be a little more mature in general. We're all getting older, but still the inane zealotry persists in the console realm.

Reactions: Isa
To be honest i'm not really bothered about the game, I know its good but too many things to play at the moment.
Really looking forward to seeing how it runs on the series s though, after all the controversy the game has stirred up> It will be good to see if it was all a fuss about nothing or if it was valid.
Personally I love the series s favourite console of this gen easily.

Senua

Personally I love the series s favourite console of this gen easily.
Be careful mate, they're coming

jurassic park water GIF

Chukhopops

From what I can see it’s not cross-buy with the PC version? Or there’s no PC version at all in the Windows store?

That would have made it an easier decision on which version to buy.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Why not? Is it because it’s supposed to be holding back gaming somehow…
It's an inferior platform, get something better. There are 3 other options.
Elitist shite lol, no different to high end GPU owners scoffing at people with lower tier cards.
I don't want to play anything demanding on last gen HW with new gen enhancements. It's ok. If that's all you got, knock yourself out.
That's awesome for you, but it doesn't mean you can enforce your opinion on others.

People will play the game on Series S if they want.
If you can't afford anything better than a Series S, go for it.

LiquidMetal14

I don't own an Xbox but I know an elitist being a douche when I see one!
If insults like that are your way, you can go point your criticism at someone else.

If you have any money and are on this particular enthusiast forum, get the better platforms. There's 3 main choices for you and if all you can afford is a Series S, then you may not know the perspective of someone like me who has all the platforms and my opinion of avoiding the S.

Senua

If insults like that are your way, you can go point your criticism at someone else.

If you have any money and are on this particular enthusiast forum, get the better platforms. There's 3 main choices for you and if all you can afford is a Series S, then you may not know the perspective of someone like me who has all the platforms and my opinion of avoiding the S.
Lol you don't think you're being insulting by belittling people on their hardware choices? It's childish as heck. Do you and let other people play on what they want brother.

LiquidMetal14

Lol you don't think you're being insulting by belittling people on their hardware choices? It's childish as heck. Do you and let other people play on what they want brother.
Brother/sister, if you think I've belittled then you need to grow a backbone. This isn't the place nor do I spit out random insults. Subjective opinions and some fact about which consoles handle these games better are more fact than opinion. I can't sugar coat it more. This argument isn't about me but if all you can afford is a Series S, best of luck. The rest of us will be on everything better if we want to qualify our opinions on what the current hardware does. This isn't that important nor will it be the last time I suggest playing it on anything but the Series S unless that's all you have.

And if you want to go into the weeds then you know you will never see a Series S gamer come into a technical discussion or talking about a game suggesting anything but that platform since they really don't exist. You and most people have the more capable platforms. That is more fact just due to sales of consoles. I don't how much else to outline it but don't take it personal.

The Series S is great. However, Microsoft was way too rigid with not allowing Larian to cut the co op from the S version. They lost out on a simultaneous release of the game of the year. As a customer I’m not at all happy.

LiquidMetal14

The Series S is great. However, Microsoft was way too rigid with not allowing Larian to cut the co op from the S version. They lost out on a simultaneous release of the game of the year. As a customer I’m not at all happy.
I will want to see the DF or some breakdown since hearing about those memory optimizations seems to benefit all platforms. And, of course, Ch.3.

Senua

Brother/sister, if you think I've belittled then you need to grow a backbone. This isn't the place nor do I spit out random insults. Subjective opinions and some fact about which consoles handle these games better are more fact than opinion. I can't sugar coat it more. This argument isn't about me but if all you can afford is a Series S, best of luck. The rest of us will be on everything better if we want to qualify our opinions on what the current hardware does. This isn't that important nor will it be the last time I suggest playing it on anything but the Series S unless that's all you have.

And if you want to go into the weeds then you know you will never see a Series S gamer come into a technical discussion or talking about a game suggesting anything but that platform since they really don't exist. You and most people have the more capable platforms. That is more fact just due to sales of consoles. I don't how much else to outline it but don't take it personal.
You literally just said
It's an inferior platform, get something better. There are 3 other options.

and started with

Hey, if you want to buy a crap system, then get a Series S. The bigger brother is better. I want the best experience for any game I buy and it's 0% chance of it being on a Series S. I gave it away when I had it.

I can't take it personally mate as I don't own one, I was just calling you out on being a bit of a jeb with your posts

LiquidMetal14

You literally just said

and started with

I can't take it personally mate as I don't own one, I was just calling you out on being a bit of a jeb with your posts
This is the last time I will be addressing this as I don't edit or mince the words I already said. You, me, and your cousin all have the better platforms. The opinion or advice of playing this game on the better hardware means that I recommend enjoying this great game in the best shape and fidelity possible.

If you have a Steam Deck (like me) and a Series S (like me), I would still suggest the more refined experience. I still enjoy the portable experience and subpar fidelity of a Steam Deck so I tolerate this due to portability. The S? I just avoid that for anything other than stuff the kids want to play.

I don't have an ending to this nor do I win anything.

BlackTron

I only want the best experience and I know I won't be getting it on some console. Anyone who has seen it can qualify our opinions on how much better it is. Get a 4090 you peasant.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially

Fucking hell mate, the way you talk, you better be rocking at least a 4090 and 7800X3D.

If not, and you're gaming on Series X or PS5 you’re officially certified a 🤡.

Let us now!

Last edited:

Porticus

Seems to be running fine but the controller .. good luck with that

LOL I couldn't understand why the fuck it was so blurry as a 720p stream, checked the resolution on youtube and it was 2160p and then connected the dots, yeah looks like blurry shit.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I'm glad Xbox owners, like my brother, get to play this now. Was sad to see it get hung up on that coop mode that I can't imagine many people care about.

LiquidMetal14

Fucking hell mate, the way you talk, you better be rocking at least a 4090 and 7800X3D.

If not, and you're gaming on Series X or PS5 you’re officially certified a 🤡.

Let us now!
As Ace Ventura said, I thought you'd never ask!

I have them all and those specific PC parts too!

SHA

Amazing fucking game. Buy it!

(Better not hear one goddamn mothafucka complaining about “no Gamepass!” This game DESERVES your purchase.)
It's tied to Xbox platform, not just a service, you'll hear it forever.

Billbofet

I played it on my Series S for about an hour. I think it looks and even performed better for me than it looks on the Xbox tester video.
I'm playing an LG C2 OLED, so not sure if the TV is helping (processing/game mode, etc.) to make it look better or what, but seems great so far.
It's not nearly as blurry as in that vid.

twilo99

All the rich people here would frown upon this but I don't care and I'll give a real use case scenario which illustrates to why the XSS exists. I am going to use Remnant II because I don't have BG3 on my xss, but I am guessing they will both push the horrible little system to it's limit.

Playing Remnant II on my mid/low range 5800x3D/6800xt Windows machine at around 80FPS/ultra draws around ~450W. That is TOTAL system power draw including my 27 inch 1440p/165HZ panel.

Playing Remnant II on my XSS at 30FPS including a 60 inch 4k/60hz TV draws ~133W

In my area, electricity costs 0.35 cents per kWh, so playing Remnant II for 3hrs/day avarage would cost

$14/month on Windows
$4/month on XSS

at this point you just have to decide if the extra frames and pixels you get on Windows are worth the extra cost, for some games, like BG3 here, I'd say no.. I frame cap it to 60fps because its turn based and frames don't matter as much, but for example the extra cost for playing CoD at 1440p/165FPS is very much worth it to me, which btw is costing $25/month...

Now, let us consider the cost of the actual systems

Windows system with monitor and peripherals - $1600 (if you are lucky)
Used XSS including controller - $180

So, I just don't understand why people don't get why the xss exists. Not everyone can afford expensive gaming...

Last edited:

Calverz

Good to see it on Xbox but it looks like something best played on pc than consoles. So il wait for my pc “physical” edition to come early next year 😂

twilo99

Good to see it on Xbox but it looks like something best played on pc than consoles. So il wait for my pc “physical” edition to come early next year 😂

If you don’t pixel peep the visuals, you can hook up mouse / keyboard to the PS5/Xbox and enjoy the game that way if that’s your concern…

Bridges

I say this in every BG3 thread but I really wish this game had crossplay

Happy it's finally on Xbox though, I hope to tackle it early next year

Calverz

Played quite a bit last night. Dont really feel like I progressed very much. Seems pretty cool so far. Definitely worth the £21 I spent to play it……

Forsythia

With Christmas presents and a kid on the way, I'm skipping this until next month. This looks so fucking good!

• Strength

onQ123

Wait a minute!

If the end result was the game releasing without the feature that was causing problems on Series S what was the point of the delay?

Keinu

If you don’t pixel peep the visuals, you can hook up mouse / keyboard to the PS5/Xbox and enjoy the game that way if that’s your concern…

Are you sure about that? PS5 didn’t support it a couple of weeks ago last I checked. Have they added it in a patch lately that I missed?

Last edited:
Wait a minute!

If the end result was the game releasing without the feature that was causing problems on Series S what was the point of the delay?

To try! They wanted to avoid Starfield, which is now actively being avoided. They decided to deprioritize the system that would not let them launch due to a feature they had no possible solution for implementing, and used that extra time to have MS ninjas come in and fail, but also optimize the game a bit.

Would they have launched sooner without the policy? Probably not. Because of Starfield. Is the policy important for the Series S to avoid getting heavily modified releases like COD: Big Red 1. Probably. Thanks Xbox.

Top Bottom