• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur's Gate 3 is now available on the Xbox store

BlackTron

But how does that work when the game isn't on gamepass? I thought that's the only way "play anywhere" works

Not so, it's just another confusing name from MS. Play Anywhere doesn't mean accessible anywhere from the cloud or a GP game, it means you buy the game once and get it in multiple places. For example I bought Lego Star Wars on Xbox because it also gave me the game on PC so there was no downside...it's a Play Anywhere title

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I bailed. I have a shit PC I never even touch anymore. Said my windows was too old to use the VPN lol. Tried it on my phone and it said its blocked due to security issues. So I went for the refund on this $100 to try it for 12 months and it was nowhere. So I had to get on customer service chat to get the refund. They were very polite and issued it.

c531812e-61ec-409a-afe7-10924116e87a_text.gif

I've been beaten. :messenger_weary: Enjoy Egypt bros.

Soltype

I bailed. I have a shit PC I never even touch anymore. Said my windows was too old to use the VPN lol. Tried it on my phone and it said its blocked due to security issues. So I went for the refund on this $100 to try it for 12 months and it was nowhere. So I had to get on customer service chat to get the refund. They were very polite and issued it.

c531812e-61ec-409a-afe7-10924116e87a_text.gif

I've been beaten. :messenger_weary: Enjoy Egypt bros.
Just use expressVPN free trial from your phone

twilo99

Not so, it's just another confusing name from MS. Play Anywhere doesn't mean accessible anywhere from the cloud or a GP game, it means you buy the game once and get it in multiple places. For example I bought Lego Star Wars on Xbox because it also gave me the game on PC so there was no downside...it's a Play Anywhere title

But in that case your saved games travel across? I am guessing yes by using the dev's servers..

twilo99

Yes, you install the games using the Xbox app on PC and login with the same account as the console and the saves will be there.

Ooh, I understand now, so we are still using xbox servers to sync everything up, but no gamepass required. I didn't know that was a thing.. I thought you meant that even if you bought the game from steam, or gamestop, you can still sync everything up between PC and xbox, assuming you had two copies of it

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Thanks to j0hnnix j0hnnix for helping me with the setup.

Bought and downloading for $20. And it's the digital deluxe edition to boot.

Good shit :pie_raybans:

Reactions: Isa

adamsapple

What does "deluxe" give you? Few extra bears to play with?
Per the xbox.com page, couple of small goodies and a digital artbook and OST.

INCLUDED IN BALDUR'S GATE 3 - DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION:

- Baldur's Gate 3 - Base Game
- Bard Song Pack - Astound audiences by performing this special set of new songs
- Exclusive Dice Theme - Roll checks with style
- Paintings from Rivellon - Discover a new collection of paintings across the Forgotten Realms
- Adventurer's Pouch - Receive a collection of camp supplies and potions to help get your journey started
- Digital OST* - Enjoy the music of Baldur's Gate 3 from composer Borislav Slavov
- Digital Artbook* - Explore the art and design of Baldur's Gate 3 in this digital artbook, written by Larian
- Digital Character Sheets* - Peruse a set of four-page D&D character sheets for each Baldur's Gate 3 origin character

AND AN ITEM PACK FROM THE WORLD OF DIVINITY: ORIGINAL SIN!

- Mask of the Shapeshifter - Headgear that allows you to change race and appearance on the fly, inspired by Fane of Divinity: Original Sin II
- Cape of the Red Prince - Cloak inspired by the Red Prince of Divinity: Original Sin II
- Lute of the Merryweather Bard - Playable instrument inspired by Lohse of Divinity: Original Sin II
- Needle of the Outlaw Rogue - Dagger inspired by Sebille of Divinity: Original Sin II
- Bicorne of the Sea Beast - Headgear inspired by Beast of Divinity: Original Sin II

*Downloadable via the Larian Studios website by linking a Larian Account in-game

Last edited:

adamsapple

Got it yesterday for 17€ which is about the same. Good deal I've to say. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Played a couple of hours today, indeed it is great, still don't get everything (I never played a game based on D&D) but looks very promising.

$20 bucks for what is likely going to be the highest GoTY winning game of the year is a very good trade, even if it's not a genre I'm particularly fond of either.

Soltype

The one crappy thing about play anywhere titles is you can only play it on one platform with the same account. The problem is they don't even allow you to buy a separate PC key.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I’ll buy it after I beat a few games. I’m just not tackling Cyberpunk 2077 (second time, going to play as a total dick) + the Phantom Liberty Expansion.

Then I will tackle a few game pass games. Maybe by then, it will receive a sale.

It’s pretty cool that the game of the year from likely so many places is on Xbox.

Man I wish this was Play Anywhere so waiting for Xbox version would mean I get both console and PC with seamless shared save.

But procrastinating got me nothing this time, I should still just get the PC version
This is me, it’s the only justification for allowing my Xbox library grow at this point. I’m going to get it on PS5, wait was pointless. This time next year, a half gen boost might mean something (or not, with CPU bound, not sure)

BlackTron

The one crappy thing about play anywhere titles is you can only play it on one platform with the same account. The problem is they don't even allow you to buy a separate PC key.

More a feature than a problem IMO. Being integrated makes it seamless. The "problem" has already been solved, if you really need an additional copy you can use a different account, or Steam.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Thank you. I didn't like having to do any paid VPN, but as long as they had a free trial, that's something.

Was able to get this and Alan Wake 2 for $36 total on Gamivo ^_^

So you have to create an Egyptian Xbox account or something? BG3 is 12€ lol what the fuck

Last edited:

Zuzu

Play Anywhere is such a great feature which isn't implemented or marketed enough by Microsoft. But yeah, shame this game doesn't have Play Anywhere support. It does have cross-save support so at least there's that but you still have to buy the game again with cross-save.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Does this work for Argentina too? Hogwarts is 17$.

Man this highway robbery and I’m here for it.

Yup it works.....can't believe it....

Deffo buying the pc version of BG 3 though as that was always my plan. Just means I can start it on xbox, try it and move my save over.

adamsapple

So you have to create an Egyptian Xbox account or something? BG3 is 12€ lol what the fuck

No, not at all.

Just need to be on the egyptian VPN when redeeming the code on your existing account. Don't need the VPN while buying it either.

I like how this thread went from celebrating the release to full instructions on how to virtually steal the game.

The Office Questions GIF

Last edited:

adamsapple

Karmic Dice on or off?

The description wasn't clear to me what it exactly does.

adamsapple

Anyone help me with this to get it? use VPN to purchase the code or have to use the VPN to activate on your Xbox?

You only need to be on VPN when redeeming.

Not needing when buying, or once you've redeemed successfully. You can cancel your VPN (if you signed up for a trial) after the redemption is done successfully.

Mr.ODST

You only need to be on VPN when redeeming.

Not needing when buying, or once you've redeemed successfully. You can cancel your VPN (if you signed up for a trial) after the redemption is done successfully.
sounds cool

Last edited:

twilo99

Then I will tackle a few game pass games. Maybe by then, it will receive a sale.

I’ve been playing a bit of Remnant 2 and it’s quite good, give it a go if you haven’t already.

But definitely check out BG3, not sure how well it plays on controller, but I’m sure it’s fine

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I’ve been playing a bit of Remnant 2 and it’s quite good, give it a go if you haven’t already.

But definitely check out BG3, not sure how well it plays on controller, but I’m sure it’s fine
Remnant 2 is definitely on that list of games.

j0hnnix

Gold Member
Welp. BG3 crashed to home and doesn't load anymore just crashes back to home.. gonna reboot. I am honestly not seeing the "Game of the year" in BG3 , but worth 20 bucks at most.

Yup. After reboot same issue syncs save and crashes.

Seems to be tied to cross-save. Going try it.

"So I learned the fix this thanks to a youtube video. Go to Larians website and disconnect your connection to Xbox. Enabling cross save was the issue. Here is the link to the video:

Credit to this guy for finding a fix."

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Has this actually happened or is this just fear mongering?
I know two people who have been permanently banned for marketplace theft. They take it seriously.

Examples of marketplace theft include:
  • Buying or redeeming game content or codes from illegitimate third-party websites
  • Claiming that successfully redeemed codes didn’t work to gain additional content or funds from Xbox Support
  • Abusing the Microsoft refund policy, or circumventing the refund policy by applying for “chargebacks” with your bank or financial institution
  • Using system glitches or loopholes in the store for financial gain
  • Participating in behavior that financially harms Microsoft or its partner

Last edited:
Top Bottom