• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandai Namco Entertainment trademarks "Zodiac Brave" in Japan

Khort

Bamco published all the Saint Seya games. In the West it is known as Knights of the Zodiac.
With the new interest for this old manga and new anime we saw a bunch of titles at the end of last gen so I wouldn't have my hope high for a FFT or something as big as this.

Saint Seya is cool tho!

So like, retell The Zodiac Brave story and pull the recognizable Final Fantasy out of it?

That could be cool. Especially if there could be an actual follow up.

Start of this thread is a large scale GAF failure exhibition.

Seriously. Y'all need some FFT in your lives. It's the best game with the name "Final Fantasy" attached to it. Yes. I mean that. It's better than mainline and has been ignored by Final Fantasy "fans" for far too long.

Doesn't Vagrant Story also take place in Ivalice?

How about a VS spiritual successor?

Vagrant Story was conceived by Matsuno as a new franchise, unrelated to Ivalice (the few Easter Eggs didn't mean anything), as stated by him on Twitter. However, Square Enix retconned VS into Ivalice during development of FFXII, presumably to drum up hype.

Vagrant Story was conceived by Matsuno as a new franchise, unrelated to Ivalice (the few Easter Eggs didn't mean anything), as stated by him on Twitter. However, Square Enix retconned VS into Ivalice during development of FFXII, presumably to drum up hype.

Pointlessly so as nothing in Vagrant Story is ever really tied to any other game in any meaningful sense.

Pointlessly so as nothing in Vagrant Story is ever really tied to any other game in any meaningful sense.

And VS is definitely more grounded and simple in its fantasy elements than the rest of the Ivalice stuff. You don't get a grandiose picture of how the gods work in this world or anything like that. It's just a struggle for magical power housed in a single ruined city.

18-Volt

Probably some awesome looking PS Vita exclusive RPG/SRPG/ARPG that Namco would require us westerns petitions to play. You suck and you're awesome at the same time, Namco.

I'll cry harder if Matsuno is involved somehow.

raven777

Squaresoft:

fbZEn5K.png

Namco:

YfSKoqZ.jpg

don't do this to me duckroll.

If this is Matsuno's new project (dude is easily my favourite RPG game designer/writer), I'm so hyped. Please don't let it be mobile exclusive. Anything else is fine, just not that. Please.

Dascu

Way too early for platform speculation, but if it's a strategy RPG like Tactics Ogre or Final Fantasy Tactics, then I am perfectly fine with mobile and touch-screen controls.

Less ideal for something 3D like Vagrant Story, but, even then. Fuck it, it's Matsuno. That's pure quality regardless of platform.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This is going to be a pay to win mobile game, isn't it? It feels like that's how these "could it really be?!" titles from Japanese developers always seem to pan out.

Some Nobody

Matsuno left Square Enix 10 years ago.

Sorry, sleep deprived--that should've been two separate statements. As in, I figured you were saying it was an FFT follow-up, and I mentioned Matsuno 'cause a few people made it seem like dude was working on a new project.

Which brings me back to that: IS he working on something new?

Roubjon

Can someone please just say the title of the game they are referencing here? "Zodiac Brave Story" means nothing. Is it Final Fantasy Tactics?

Can someone please just say the title of the game they are referencing here? "Zodiac Brave Story" means nothing. Is it Final Fantasy Tactics?

Yes. That is from the PSX version of the game's intro. The PSP version didn't have that. So I can see why people are confused by it. Especially for those of us in Europe who never got OG FFTactics on PSX.

The possibility of a new Matsuno game in the vein of Final Fantasy Tactics is genuinely exciting.

However, I fear that this hope is going to be destroyed by the curse of duckroll. It's best that we all just harden our hearts right now.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
YOU are the Zodiac Brave of a new era!

Create a character and recruit several different job classes as you march throughout Ivalice, attempting to build an army in order to confront a new threat - an invasion from another world! Free starting classes are Squire, Knight, Chemist, and White Mage.

Enjoy beautiful, cute, and appealing 2D graphics, inspired by the likes of games such as Breath of Fire 6 and Theathrhythm Final Fantasy.

Coming December 2015 for iOS and Android.

This thread is so sad.

The desperation of hoping this is related to FF Tactics.

The confusion given that people didn't immediately make the connection.

The hopelessness of dreaming that it will be something related or even something good.

This is like that Garl Vinland thread, but we are all the plague babies and Duckroll is Astrea.

Top Bottom