• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandai Namco Entertainment trademarks "Zodiac Brave" in Japan

In a world of where we have Shenmue 3, Zero Escape 3, Yakuza 5 & Fatal Frame V in English and REmake 2, you've got to believe man. I'm still in a dream. And I don't want it to end! Come on, new Matsuno RPG.

Oh, I know of The Summer of Dreams and all miracle sequels and localizations, but theres as many tumblers that have to align to get what this implies as backstabbo in your average Matsuno title.

I mean, we aint in the depths of the recent Hoplessness Sprins Eternal, but weve already had two delays and summer aint done.

casiopao

Squaresoft:

fbZEn5K.png

Namco:

YfSKoqZ.jpg

So we can see Nintendo showing up in the end like how we see this one?^_^

xenoblade.jpg

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Could this be Saint Seiya related?

Probably. Could be a mobile game where you play as a Zodiac Brave who has to travel the galaxy and win battles while upgrading your card powers via gaccha draws.

Falk

that puzzling face
So how is Namco able to trademark something from a square game?

Considering the amount of people going "???" in this thread, I don't think it's immediately representative of Square branding. At least in the casual, superficial sense.

Also Xenosaga, as mentioned.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I don't think it's saint seiya related, there's already "brave" soldiers, another "brave" something? I don't think so. Other than that the term "zodiac" is related to the 12 gold knights, unless it's a game about them i think it's something else.

I don't think it's saint seiya related, there's already "brave" soldiers, another "brave" something? I don't think so. Other than that the term "zodiac" is related to the 12 gold knights, unless it's a game about them i think it's something else.
Plus I don't think the word Zodiac has even been used in Japan for the Saint Seiya franchise.

PSqueak

Banned

Saint Seiya is known as "knights of the zodiac" to most of the world, they'd be capitalizing on this if it was a Saint Seiya related thing.

But like many others, my first thought was FFT.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
l1DW7r5.jpg

Could... it... be?!

Please don't stone me if this turns out to be some dumb random shit. :(
What is your source for this, duckroll? I cannot find any entry with this mark (either as Zodiac Brave or ゾディアックブレイブ) in the new Japan Platform for Patent Information(J-PlatPat) (also deals with trademarks). Most recent activity from Bandai Namco was in July with a filing for Platinum Stars\プラチナスターズ.

Maybe we are using different databases?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This is a new Square. A Square that thinks making a FF VII Remake is a viable project.
It is a viable project

Edit: Oh I see, this was a positive post. Sorry. I'm so used to vitriol ridden posts that I couldn't tell. In that case I agree; this news might turn out to be something substantial (and non-mobile). Let's hope.

Mariip

I'm ashamed most of you didn't connected this to FFT

Everything duckroll touches turns to mobile

Why Duckroll, WHY?

I really had my hopes up since everytime I play a game/read something from a dead franchise it gets ressurected in a year or less...( i've finished FFT in June D: )

It's not the Zodiac Brave Story, my interests has plummeted.

What does Bandai Namco have to do with Final Fantasy Tactics, nothing that I'm aware of.

Right, and Vagrant Story is a prequel to Metal Gear Solid 5:

Because that's how things work ;)

You know a phantom pain is when you lose a limb and your brain tells you something hurts in the limb even though it's gone, right?

Never seen the words "Zodiac Brave" together to describe anything other than the story of Final Fantasy Tactics.

Sidenote to tie everything together: I think we're all experiencing phantom pain for FFT.

Speaking of which, when's the last time we saw a home console TRPG/SRPG from a Japanese developer? Anyone? Dot. Dot. Dot. Ah, I see.
Disgaea 5 is coming out in a few months in US/EU. Not my cup of tea, but it exists.

duckroll

Rösti;175821111 said:
What is your source for this, duckroll? I cannot find any entry with this mark (either as Zodiac Brave or ゾディアックブレイブ) in the new Japan Platform for Patent Information(J-PlatPat) (also deals with trademarks). Most recent activity from Bandai Namco was in July with a filing for Platinum Stars\プラチナスターズ.

Maybe we are using different databases?

The online database always gets updated a little later. There are regular updates on 2ch gaming boards once new trademarks from the various game publishers are made public by the trademark office. We also a thread tracking updates here, which Flux still updates: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338915

Right, and Vagrant Story is a prequel to Metal Gear Solid 5:

Because that's how things work ;)

I think you got it mixed up. MGSV is clearly a remake of Vagrant Story instead. :p

Speaking of which, when's the last time we saw a home console TRPG/SRPG from a Japanese developer? Anyone? Dot. Dot. Dot. Ah, I see.

Begaria

You know a phantom pain is when you lose a limb and your brain tells you something hurts in the limb even though it's gone, right?

Never seen the words "Zodiac Brave" together to describe anything other than the story of Final Fantasy Tactics.

Sidenote to tie everything together: I think we're all experiencing phantom pain for FFT.

Yes, I am aware of what Phantom Pain is. I think the joke went a bit over your head there. Fun fact: Matsuno made both FFT and Vagrant Story.

Okay, let me rephrase that, the last SRPG/TRPG on console that wasn't butt? And Valkyria Chronicles was 2008. lol. A more recent example would be Lost Dimension, I guess.

What about Western developer? I thought they were even rarer.

True. Still, The Banner Saga is supposedly coming to Sony platforms.

Just putting this out here.... But...

And I say this as a huge fan of Matsuno..

Chapter 4 of FFT sucks. Like Tactics Ogre, FFT has a wonderful set up. But the last chapter resolves all of the plot threads way too briskly.

The game is 90% set up.

SoldnerKei

if it isn't a Saint Seiya game for phones then it's something totally unrelated, it would be stupid to tease a new game for consoles if Soldiers' Soul hasn't even come out yet

inb4 a new Saint Seiya Musou... which I would be more than ok with that... actually I don't know why am I doing this to myself :c

Just putting this out here.... But...

And I say this as a huge fan of Matsuno..

Chapter 4 of FFT sucks. Like Tactics Ogre, FFT has a wonderful set up. But the last chapter resolves all of the plot threads way too briskly.

The game is 90% set up.

Isn't that like every jrpg ever?

Top Bottom