• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandai Namco Entertainment trademarks "Zodiac Brave" in Japan

Harlock

bandai-knights-of-the-zodiac-seiya-in-sagittarius-cloth-action-figure_1684609.JPG

yami4ct

Bandai Namco publishing Terra Battle console game. Matsuno secretly developing.

I'm in for whatever Matsuno decides to do.

It is a viable project

Edit: Oh I see, this was a positive post. Sorry. I'm so used to vitriol ridden posts that I couldn't tell. In that case I agree; this news might turn out to be something substantial (and non-mobile). Let's hope.

It's my dream game, so it damn well better be viable! lol

http://venturebeat.com/2015/06/17/s...-ffvii-tomb-raider-and-making-global-games/2/

GamesBeat: Will we ever see a new Final Fantasy Tactics?

Matsuda: I apologize, but we can’t talk about any unannounced titles.

There is hope guys.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Saint Seiya is known as "knights of the zodiac" to most of the world, they'd be capitalizing on this if it was a Saint Seiya related thing.

But like many others, my first thought was FFT.

I know that very well, i grew up with the "cavalieri dello zodiaco"("knights of the zodiac" in Italian), don't you think that "knights of the zodiac: zodiac brave" would be too redundant? Also in Japan the word "zodiac" is almost never associated to saint seiya.

Anyone who's played FFXIV would have immediately gotten the Zodiac Braves reference since it is a quest line in FFXIV to get your Relic weapon which are super special amazing weapons in the lore of the game.

Ryan95

I know that very well, i grew up with the "cavalieri dello zodiaco"("knights of the zodiac" in Italian), don't you think that "knights of the zodiac: zodiac brave" would be too redundant? Also in Japan the word "zodiac" is almost never associated to saint seiya.

"Saint Seya: Zodiac Brave" is the best compromise :)

le.phat

of course my mind went straight to FFT but no if this will be a "spiritual successor" in the same vein as Xenosaga was to xenogears then thanks but no thanks.

fedexpeon

Banned
of course my mind went straight to FFT but no if this will be a "spiritual successor" in the same vein as Xenosaga was to xenogears then thanks but no thanks.

XS3 was great though.
You just need to think that part 1+2=XG storybook scenes.

When I saw Zodiac Brave, I thought of FFT too.
But Bamco was in the title so that couldn't be it.
But hey, I will take a spiritual successor if we have a similar theme and story.

SkyOdin

Does FF14 even have anything Zodiac related?

Somewhat, it has the Zodiac Weapons, who were wielded by the Zodiac Braves of myth. Obviously some FFT referencing, along the lines of the piles of other references to older FF games throughout FFXIV.

It also has a few Lucavi/FFXII summon references in the game. One of the main villain groups in FFXIV takes some major inspiration from Ivalice stuff, albeit in a slightly concealed way.

Does FF14 even have anything Zodiac related?

The Zodiac demons from FFT were described in FF12 as "Scions of Darkness". FF12 named their opposites, the "Scions of Light", although these never made an appearance. The entities in FF14's main villain group are all named after the Scions of Light.

What a troll, Namco. Ah well, if Square are making a new Front Mission, at least us SRPG fans will be catered to. I hope they return to Ivalice one day, though. At least we're getting FFXII HD, someday.

Top Bottom