• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandai Namco files trademark for ''PAC-MAN Maker''.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Interesting...the current season of Kamen Rider (which is merchandised by Bandai-Namco) is video-game themed and has already featured Pac-Man as a major character in the first film of the show. The summer film has a form for the main character that seems to be inspired by Mario Maker somewhat, wonder if there's a connection here?

I mean I love Pacman, but what exactly can they do in a Maker type game other than create more elaborate mazes?

Uh yes!?

I can totally understand this game not appealing to everyone but c'mon, the actual point of the game is super straight-forward: user created Pac-Man maps

If they do nothing but rip off Mario Maker to a T then there would be lots of skins too from all the different iterations of Pac-Man. Maybe they'll even let us go 3/4th view and jump like the SNES Pac-Man games? Or if they'll restrict it to a single screen (OG Arcade style) or let them scroll around for some really wild, giant maps?

But hell, even if I don't think I'd be very good at designing levels myself I'd buy it just to play the levels Namco and other people create.

Fancolors

sounds like a neat idea if they allow people to use stuff from other Pacman games like DX into the maps. Would be neat if it had amiibo integration similar to Mario Maker

Durante

pacdinet3qui.png

JMTHEFOX

This sounds like it has a lot a potential! Imagine if they implement the powerups, enemies, bosses from all of the PAC-MAN games. ALso, they let the player switch graphic styles a la CEDX+.

I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Steiner

Banned
I went through the exact same series of emotions when I heard about Super Mario Maker...
"That sounds incredible!"
"Wait, how would that even work?"
*imagines the possibilities*
"Omg I need this in my life."

Hoping this turns out to be more than a trademark, and hoping it turns out wonderful.

This screams mobile to me. Hope I am wrong, though.

Doesn't scream mobile to me, but it does scream "portable," if you catch my drift.

TZchassis

I hope that it is made by Namco & Nintendo. Because that would probably mean that Zelda Maker is possible at some point.

Oh here we go. Now Nintendo invented "Maker" games, huh? Sorry to tell you Nintendo is super late to that party.
That person never said anything about invented. Calm down and read. Stop being a fanboy for once.

Anyways...

PAC man Maker makes a lot of sense.

yyr

I don't get it, what's the point of a pac man maker?

Design your own mazes.
Determine placement of dots, energizers, and fruit.
Determine number, placement, and possibly even the behavior of ghosts.
Compete on others' mazes and try for high scores. Integrated leaderboards for EVERY creation.

I could blow a few hundred hours easily with just this, without getting bored. But hopefully they've got more ideas and won't stop there.

Ridge Racer Maker when?

Hopefully you're not offended if I tell you that I just drooled all over myself reading that

Doesn't Namco Bandai usually hold their pre-E3 press event in April? If so, I would guess that this will be unveiled there (later this week?) along with Code Vein and Storm Wings, whatever the latter is.

Yukinari

It would have to combine powerups and graphical styles from every arcade entry to be worthwhile.

Like the gates and super form from Super Pac-Man, the jumping from Pac-Mania, the huge ghost lines from Championship Edition.

Maybe even add a 3D style like Ms Pac-Man Maze Madness

you KNOW sonic maker is coming, esp if sonic mania knocks it out of the park

not sure how deep a pac-man maker will be. actually am surprised this hasnt come along sooner

Top Bottom