• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandai Namco Holding SoulCalibur Character Poll, "Probably Working on Something Huge"

kogasu

Please! I want Talim back. I was so disappointed to not have my main in SCV. Actually, I'd say the roster in SCV in general was disappointing. The game overall is fine though.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Pick Zasalamel.

SCV suffered from sever melanin deficiency.

Zas is doing pretty well. 3rd place and only 9 votes behind Taki (who is 52 votes behind Talim).

With that in mind, I had to go with Lizardman, who is lagging behind (largely due to them splitting his votes between himself and... himself). With his votes combined, he'd be just ahead of Astaroth as # 26 of 45

As it is, Lizardman is at 30th (behind all the new kids save for Pat, Lexia and the Alexandria alternate forms; a terrible disgrace) and Aeon is at 34th.

Out of 45 that doesn't sound so bad, but when you consider that the characters following are mostly mimic characters and bosses (and Patroklos), well...

I guess I can't blame people too much for not voting for him, since they destroyed any interesting character that he had or could have had when they pooped out his story for SCIV, and then rather than cleaning up the mess, they preserved it in a little glass box with SCV and then they pooped on that for good measure.

Still, I invest only in potential! And potentially, if they wound the clock back to where things were in SCIII and didn't screw it all up, they could have something special on their hands.

In any case, they should NOT give the character an in-story reason to be nothing more than a mindless cannon-fodder mook jobber goon blargh monster. That is some of the ugliest destruction of a character that you can do. Aghhhh! And I've had to stomach it for two games and for 10 goddamn yearrrrssssss

It's 2 am and I'm ranting about a video game character fighting game character consistently sidelined fighting game character

Koren

Wow, didn't know Talim was that popular. That awesome. She was my favorite, especially back in the SCII days. Would love to see her return.
Didn't know she was that popular, indeed, but her disappearing make me give up on SC, so I'd gladly welcome her back.

(as far as characters are concerned, I think the series went down since SC II )

All my other characters seem to be sufficiently voted for (Talim, Seung Mina, Kilik) so I had to vote for my bro Algol who seems to be hurting right now.

Raysoul

Timerift scenario: New characters vs Classic Characters let's go!

To be honest, I really want all classic characters from SC2-4 to come back.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
What about Brave Edges at least? Those were cool.

Brave Edges are all right, though I'm not too fond of having to manage meter either. Still, they don't interrupt the flow and don't become tiresome as quickly as supers do.

Shredderi

Brave Edges are all right, though I'm not too fond of having to manage meter either. Still, they don't interrupt the flow and don't become tiresome as quickly as supers do.

Not to mention that some supers are better than others so it creates more problems for balancing.

NeonZ

I voted for Viola, because I fear they're trying to remove her from the cast considering some of the changes done to the backstory pages in their SC site.

Coxy

yesss, here's hoping for an E3 or TGS reveal, decent single player content, removal of super bar and return of old favourite characters

Jawmuncher

Gonna vote Kilik for my friend. He was depressed in what he turned into for SCV. I realized I don't really have a favorite character and if I did she isn't coming back (Pyrhha Omega). Hopefully the guest character is a good pick so I can just use them.

I figured Namco would just let Soul Calibur die. I'd love to see a series reboot on current gen hardware. These games are always oh god so pretty.

On topic I just need Tira

voted for mitsurugi..I'm surprised about how many people have voted for talim...
She's one of the most unique characters that got shafted from 5 with no replacement for no reason.

People were pretty pissed when she didn't make it in back then. Even Setsuka got a Patroklos pallet swap

Seug-mina i need you BACK !

This is all.

If more than one vote was possible i would have voted for zasalamel, setsuka or viola but ..oh well.

Shredderi

Just let it be a proper current-gen SCVI with sufficient dev cycle behind it with no unnecessary character cutbacks. And bring back Zasalamel for god's sake. I fucking love that scythe.

OrochiJR

I voted for Taki since she was omitted in SC5 and I didn't like Natsu. Surprised to see Talim leading the poll.

Anyway, I hope not too many people waste their votes on the likes of Mitsurugi, Ivy and Siegfried. These are beloved staple characters that will surely be in either way, other more obscure characters may need the votes more. Reminds me of the people that voted for Ken, Cammy and Gouki in the SF5 poll a few months back.

Top Bottom