• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BandFuse: The 4th Game to Let You Use a Real Guitar!

Banner_10721-1024x310.png

http://bandfuse.com

Platforms: Xbox 360 / Playstation 3
Players: 1-4 (3 Guitarists 1 Vocalist)
Available: November 2013
Rating: Pending
Developer: Realta Entertainment Group
Publisher: Mastiff Games

Features

BandFuse said:
Multiplayer – Form bands and play along with your favorite songs, or create original music in real-time with up to 3 friends. Rock hard and own online Leaderboards and Challenges.

Create Original Content– Go beyond the included set list of songs by creating your own original pieces.

Free Jam – experienced guitarists can jam to their heart’s content, creating all-original songs by layering multiple audio tracks.

Jam Along – intermediate players can choose from a selection of backing tracks, then lay down their own lead, rhythm and vocal tracks.

Share Over Social Networks – Record and share your favorite tracks, collaborate on songs with friends and then share them with the world through the game and social networks.

Total Song Control – Slow down songs to hear every nuance or loop your favorite segments as you jam along. BandFuse gives you total control of every song.

Additionally the game features Slash himself as your guitar instructor along with others to be announced.

bandfuse_screen_01.jpg

BandFuse said:
Slash, one of the most-iconic, Grammy®-winning rock guitarists and songwriters of all-time, will serve as BandFuse’s master guitar instructor; getting novices jamming in minutes and helping advanced players master their instrument. In addition, a number of the world’s most accomplished Rock Legends and new artists such as Five Finger Death Punch – the hard rock band with nine-straight top ten rock singles – will also be integrated into the game to mentor players, with numerous iconic rock idols still to be announced.

Renowned musician Zakk Wylde will mentor players in the game’s career mode. He has spent much of his career as the lead guitarist for Ozzy Osbourne, and is the founder of heavy metal band Black Label Society. In 2006, Zakk was recognized at the Hollywood Rock Walk of Fame, featuring his handprints and signature, for his successful career as a musician and his contribution to the music industry. Nancy Wilson is a multitalented artist who will also mentor players though various career levels. She is a core member of the super group Heart that has sold more than 30-million records worldwide and had Top 10 albums on the Billboard Album Chart in the 1970′s, 80′s, 90′s, and most recently 2010. Heart is among the most commercially enduring Hard Rock bands in history. These notable musicians will inspire gamers as they master some of the most recognizable rock songs of all time.

Recently Marcus Henderson (The guy that covered a bunch of songs for WaveGroup [GH1/2]) signed on with BandFuse to join Seth Chapla (who had a few songs on Rocksmith).

Previews (from destructoid/IGN) recently have contested this game has "zero lag" in comparison to their competition, but I'll take that with a grain of salt given the fact a majority of reviewers didn't even set up Rocksmith properly last year.

The Setlist

1. “Alive” (Pearl Jam)
  2. “Godzilla” (Blue Oyster Cult)
  3. “Cult of Personality” (Living Colour)
  4. “No Rain” (Blind Melon)
  5. “Reptilia” (The Strokes)
  6. "Yellow” (Coldplay)
  7. “Sweet Home Alabama (Live)” (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
  8. “Back From Cali” (Slash)
  9. “Breaking the Law (Live)” (Judas Priest)
  10. “Harder to Breathe” (Maroon 5)
  11. “The Bleeding” (Five Finger Death Punch)
  12. “You Oughta Know” (Alanis Morissette)
  13. “Jessica” (The Allman Brothers Band)
  14. “Sugar, We’re Goin Down” (Fall Out Boy)
  15. “Hemorrhage” (Fuel)
  16. “Barracuda” (Heart)
  17. “Drive” (Incubus)
  18. “I’m Broken” (Pantera)
  19. “Jessie’s Girl” (Rick Springfield)
  20. “Limelight (Live)” (Rush)
  21. “Should I Stay or Should I Go” (The Clash)
  22. “Stellar Revival” (The Crazy Ones)
  23. “Roundabout” (Yes)
  24. "Carry On Wayward Son" (Kansas)
  25. "Rebel Yell" (Billy Idol)
  26. "What I Got" (Sublime)
  27. "Infected" (Bad Religion)
  28. "Rock This Town" (The Stray Cats)
  29. "All The Small Things" (blink-182)
  30. "Been Caught Stealing" (Jane's Addiction)
  31. "Rock Bandit" (Bootsy Collins)
  32. "Wicked Sensation" (Lynch Mob)
  33. "Overlord" (Black Label Society)
  34. "Pull Me Under" (Dream Theater)
  35. "Love Bites (So Do I)" (Halestorm)
  36. "Float On" (Modest Mouse)
  37. "Welcome To The Black Parade" (My Chemical Romance)
  38. "Are You Dead Yet" (Children of Bodom)
  39. "Here Comes Your Man" (The Pixies)
  40. "Hell in A Bucket" (Grateful Dead)
  41. "Hot Blooded" (Foreigner)
  42. "Tears Don't Fall" (Bullet For My Valentine)
  43. "Woman" (Wolfmother)
  44. "Rock n' Roll all Night" (KISS)
  45. "Black Magic Woman (Live)" (Carlos Santana)
  46. "Move Along" (All-American Rejects)
  47. "Hangar 18" (Megadeth)
  48. "Absolutely (Story Of A Girl)" (Nine Days)
  49. "Round and Round" (Ratt)
  50. "I Want You To Want Me (Live)" (Cheap Trick)
  51. "Souls of Black" (Testament)
  52. "Song 2" (Blur)
  53. TBA (Modern English)
  54. TBA (Social Distortion)
  55. TBA (Tom Petty)

You can watch videos of BandFuse here

lord

damn playing roundabout on bass would be god tier -__- could never do that on a real instrument

whitehawk

Banned
I don't know. It's almost getting too realistic. I play guitar, and I think I'd rather just google some free tabs, rather than buy this game. I'd love if there was a demo though, I could be wrong, might be a lot of fun.

saunderez

I hope that's going to happen. Game could use a revamped menu/flow.

Count me in for a Rocksmith sequel too. Not sure about this, the UI is horrendous and I don't want to have to swap between my Rockmith cable and whatever cable this game needs all the time.

Guess there was a PR regarding Bootsy Collins today...

Bootsy has also contributed the original track ‘Rock Bandit’ for inclusion in the game’s massive, genre-spanning set list from today’s modern and classic rock ‘n’ roll artists.

vg260

I don't know. It's almost getting too realistic. I play guitar, and I think I'd rather just google some free tabs, rather than buy this game. I'd love if there was a demo though, I could be wrong, might be a lot of fun.

Exactly my feeling. I don't wanna learn guitar through the interface and limitations of a game, especially when the DLC is a pricey mp3 track essentially. I'll stick w/ RB3 when I want to play a game and pick up a guitar tabs and mp3 to mess around with a real guitar.

BigDug13

If you're already good at guitar, yes. But things like Rocksmith starts you doing easy things in the song. Those difficulty selections are something simple tabs off the Internet don't provide.

Xyber

This is the first time I hear about this game. Since it's not coming to PC it's a no buy for me, but I think that interface would've stopped me from buying it anyway. It just looks really cheap (just like Rock Revolution). Sure, they want it to look like tabs. But I think it's gonna be really hard to actually read the notes in faster parts. In Rocksmith it's very easy to see what note to actually play since it isn't just a number that will change.

I wonder if they'll somehow be able to account for the HDMI lag, which Rocksmith was never really able to do. I loved Rocksmith, and it works great, but the fact that I have to play on a CRT with my old component cables means that that game does not get played anymore (gave the CRT back to my girlfriends parents). If this has the same issues, I'm out, if they find a way to fix it, I'm very in.

I wonder if they'll somehow be able to account for the HDMI lag, which Rocksmith was never really able to do. I loved Rocksmith, and it works great, but the fact that I have to play on a CRT with my old component cables means that that game does not get played anymore (gave the CRT back to my girlfriends parents). If this has the same issues, I'm out, if they find a way to fix it, I'm very in.

By HDMI lag, you mean audio lag and not video lag, correct? Connect component cables for audio, HDMI for video.

By HDMI lag, you mean audio lag and not video lag, correct? Connect component cables for audio, HDMI for video.

Yes, but you need this weird device that I can't seem to find anywhere to make that work on the 360....and the one's that I have found I'm not willing to pay that price for, just for one game.

luffeN

I hope that this game will not progress like Rocksmith as in getting to know one song leading to starting the next song on a higher difficulty.

noonche

If the interface isn't the slow, terrible clusterfuck that Rocksmith's is, then I'm on board. Making the track look like tab is a huge plus to me. Rocksmith can be incredibly tough to read sometimes.

Fusebox

Banned

The thing I like about these games is the backing track combined with the crowd noise - feels good to get on a roll.

543852_542722002406699_616200366_n.jpg

Thanks for all the feedback and spirited discussions this year and last. Here are a couple of screens that we think you'll find interesting. We'll have our first of many BandFuse contests starting next week.

530800_544818882197011_2041404549_n.png

Hi - this is Jon, the Game Director for BandFuse.
We wanted to let you know we will be updating more frequently. To start things off, let's talk about our song list - one of the best you will ever see in the launch of a music game.

This week we are featuring "I'm Broken" by Pantera which contains a devasting riff in D Standard tuning from lead guitarist Dimebag Darrell. For reasons both personal and professional, the team requires the highest level of authenticity and care when we tackle a song like this.

With BandFuse, we are setting the bar very high. We want to create the best user interface possible for first time players all the way up to pros. We believe that in order to be authentic, you must support high note density, complex songs, full notation, and alternate tunings. No gimmicks, no watered down song list, no latency, no limits.

TZzci.jpg

Checking in with another update.

With BandFuse, we decided early on to always allow the Player the freedom to play the game the way they want.
The Player chooses what Difficulty Level they want to play each song at.

The lowest level is designed for those who are either transitioning up from a plastic instrument or have never touched an instrument before. The highest advanced level covers all the actual notes played by the Artists.

Every song in BandFuse uses the actual studio stems (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stem_mixing_and_mastering) not just the final studio mix. Because of the extra effort the BandFuse team went to to secure the original stems, your performance will at the highest Difficulty Levels replace that stem.

We are working directly with the Artists to not only get the notes right, but also the way the song was played, hand positions, techniques, etc. We deeply appreciate the assistance from Slash, Zakk Wylde, and Five Finger Death Punch, among others, for their time and participation in this process.

Right now, the Notetracking team is focused on tuning and balancing the songs at each Difficulty Level. This helps keep each Difficulty Level unique, challenging, and fun - while ensuring a smooth ramp all the way up to the real performance. Special thanks to our Notetracking team for their world class effort to get this right for all of you.

- Jon, BandFuse Game Director

saunderez

Is it just me or does the colour coding of the fret numbers seem pointless? Also whats with the dual score counters on the screenshot above?

I'm sure the colour coding will make sense in time. I have no comment on the doubled up score though...

l3n1bIY.png

yeah sure whatever you say there Realta

a33hlRr.png

OK that is cool, a feature that should have been implemented awhile ago in these games.

Card Boy

Banned
Dumb question but does Rocksmith and this work with a Base Guitar? I always wanted to learn that over 'regular' Guitar.

We have to say, the transition to a real guitar after years of plastic is a daunting--but appealing--challenge. Though we can breeze through an Expert song in most existing games, even the simplest track in BandFuse threw us off balance, as we awkwardly strummed individual (and surprisingly heavy) strings. Once you’ve graduated from BandFuse’s Expert level, you’ll take on the appropriately named Real difficulty, with notes tracked using the actual tablature. Unlike Guitar Hero, there’s a real-life benefit to getting good at this game.

... What?

http://www.gamesradar.com/bandfuse-rock-legends-announces-half-their-all-star-lineup/

dIux88A.jpg

L1 - Easy: This is a very simple level, meant for someone who has never before touched a guitar. Expect 1 note at a time, low note density, and reductions of the songs that keep notes restricted to no more than 2 strings, and one hand position. This level will have a consistent difficulty throughout.

L2 - Medium: This is the next logical step from Easy, expect to see single note arrangements, using up to 3 strings with more note density and small hand position shifts. This level will ramp in difficulty from beginning to end.

L3 - Hard: Expect 2 note chord shapes, double stops, and even occasional chords (towards the end of the level). Some of the simpler extended techniques will appear here. This level will ramp in difficulty from beginning to end.

L4 - Expert: Expect larger chord shapes, double stops, and more advanced techniques to appear. This level will ramp in difficulty from beginning to end.

L5- Real Rhythm - Exact note for note transcription of the rhythm parts of the song.

L5 - Real Lead - Exact note for note transcription of the lead parts of the song.

Occasionally, rhythm parts will appear in sections where a lead part does not exist.

Difficulty explained via @SethChapla

better write up: http://www.gamerevolution.com/preview/bandfuse-rock-legends

Top Bottom