• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BandFuse: The 4th Game to Let You Use a Real Guitar!

BigDug13

Where are the drums? Where is the true Rock Band 3 replacement with real electronic drum support as well as real guitar and bass support?

e1jxhFm.jpg

Rock Band 4 confirmed >_>

desu

Interesting, has gotten somehow quite around the game? I mean they used to post a lot more on facebook. Maybe they just got sick of all the people whining in the comments :D.

irnWEXO.jpg

Campbell, CA – August 19, 2013 – Realta Entertainment Group announced today that BandFuse: Rock Legends, a music video game where legendary rockers transform players into real-world guitarists, bassists and vocalists, will launch in North America on November 19, 2013. A release date for Europe and Japan will be announced soon. The game will be available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.

Realta Entertainment Group has revealed that BandFuse: Rock Legends will ship with three distinct hardware bundles for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 systems, giving players an excellent, smartly priced set of retail options, whether they already own a guitar or not.

The Artist Pack ($69.99 MSRP) includes the BandFuse: Rock Legends game and 1/4” to USB guitar cable (Xbox 360 also contains an Audio Adapter and headphone extension cable).
The Band Pack($79.99 MSRP) includes two guitar cables, a microphone, multi-port instrument hub, and an acoustic guitar adapter.
The Guitar Bundle includes the BandFuse: Rock Legends game, guitar cable, and authentic Fender Squier guitar (MSRP to be announced at a future date).
Seamlessly connecting real guitars, basses and microphones to game consoles, BandFuse empowers players to jam to a fully unlocked library of hit songs from rock to metal and punk to funk, featuring 55 massive genre-jumping songs from Slash, Maroon 5, Rush, The Strokes, Heart, Pearl Jam and more. The game’s exclusive four-player co-op mode enables players to play music together by connecting two guitars, one bass, and a microphone simultaneously, providing each player with detailed feedback from the BandFuse: Rock Legends analytics engine.

The unique BandFuse: Rock Legends animated tablature (tabs) interface simplifies the learning process for novice musicians while enabling advanced musicians to perform songs as the artists intended. All players will benefit from Shred U mode, a simple-to-use, comprehensive training tool with a vast selection of instructional tutorial videos from seven rock legends including Slash, Bootsy Collins, Zakk Wylde, George Lynch, and Five Finger Death Punch. Along with the legend videos, players will have a host of drills, scales and the ability to tweak song settings allowing mastery of even the most challenging songs.

BandFuse: Rock Legends players can also create original content from scratch or select from a diverse set of backing tracks for accompaniment to record and play back for friends and family.

BandFuse: Rock Legends is rated “T” for Teen by the ESRB and is published by Mastiff in North America. The game will launch on November 19, 2013, in North America on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 systems. A release date for Europe and Japan will be announced soon. To learn more about BandFuse: Rock Legends, please visit www.bandfuse.com, ‘Like’ it on Facebook, and follow the game on Twitter for all the latest updates and news.

REALTA ENTERTAINMENT HIRES FORMER ROCK BAND NETWORK PRODUCER JEFF MARSHALL TO LEAD BANDFUSE MUSIC LICENSING

Realta Entertainment announced today it has named Jeff Marshall as its Director of Artist Relations and Content Licensing for BandFuse: Rock Legends. Marshall will be responsible for securing music content and planning the roadmap of DLC for BandFuse: Rock Legends, the music video game where legendary rockers transform players into real-world guitarists, bassists and vocalists.

Marshall was an executive producer at Harmonix Music Systems, where he helped devise and drive the launch of the Rock Band Network (RBN), the user-generated content system for Rock Band 3 that enables musicians, labels, and independent authors to release music as playable Rock Band tracks. Since its launch in 2009 the Rock Band Network has released more than 2,117 songs from more than 1,000 indie artists including breakout bands such as A Day to Remember, Mayday Parade, All That Remains, Flogging Molly and Five Finger Death Punch.

“BandFuse is an amazingly expansive title and I’m thrilled to be joining the Realta team,” said Marshall. “Music video games are an excellent method for discovering new music and BandFuse’s ability to translate games to real-world guitar skills is unparalleled.”

“Jeff was a huge creative force for the Rock Band Network, which broke new ground in terms of giving indie bands and artists a new outlet for reaching fans,” said Steve Gomes, CEO of Realta Entertainment. “His skill in cultivating new musical talent and finding what gamers will love to play is impressive and we’re thrilled to work with him on BandFuse’s roadmap.”

Updated the OP as we now have 52 songs confirmed

1. “Alive” (Pearl Jam)
  2. “Godzilla” (Blue Oyster Cult)
  3. “Cult of Personality” (Living Colour)
  4. “No Rain” (Blind Melon)
  5. “Reptilia” (The Strokes)
  6. "Yellow” (Coldplay)
  7. “Sweet Home Alabama (Live)” (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
  8. “Back From Cali” (Slash)
  9. “Breaking the Law (Live)” (Judas Priest)
  10. “Harder to Breathe” (Maroon 5)
  11. “The Bleeding” (Five Finger Death Punch)
  12. “You Oughta Know” (Alanis Morissette)
  13. “Jessica” (The Allman Brothers Band)
  14. “Sugar, We’re Goin Down” (Fall Out Boy)
  15. “Hemorrhage” (Fuel)
  16. “Barracuda” (Heart)
  17. “Drive” (Incubus)
  18. “I’m Broken” (Pantera)
  19. “Jessie’s Girl” (Rick Springfield)
  20. “Limelight (Live)” (Rush)
  21. “Should I Stay or Should I Go” (The Clash)
  22. “Stellar Revival” (The Crazy Ones)
  23. “Roundabout” (Yes)
  24. "Carry On Wayward Son" (Kansas)
  25. "Rebel Yell" (Billy Idol)
  26. "What I Got" (Sublime)
  27. "Infected" (Bad Religion)
  28. "Rock This Town" (The Stray Cats)
  29. "All The Small Things" (blink-182)
  30. "Been Caught Stealing" (Jane's Addiction)
  31. "Rock Bandit" (Bootsy Collins)
  32. "Wicked Sensation" (Lynch Mob)
  33. "Overlord" (Black Label Society)
  34. "Pull Me Under" (Dream Theater)
  35. "Love Bites (So Do I)" (Halestorm)
  36. "Float On" (Modest Mouse)
  37. "Welcome To The Black Parade" (My Chemical Romance)
  38. "Are You Dead Yet" (Children of Bodom)
  39. "Here Comes Your Man" (The Pixies)
  40. "Hell in A Bucket" (Grateful Dead)
  41. "Hot Blooded" (Foreigner)
  42. "Tears Don't Fall" (Bullet For My Valentine)
  43. "Woman" (Wolfmother)
  44. "Rock n' Roll all Night" (KISS)
  45. "Black Magic Woman (Live)" (Carlos Santana)
  46. "Move Along" (All-American Rejects)
  47. "Hangar 18" (Megadeth)
  48. "Absolutely (Story Of A Girl)" (Nine Days)
  49. "Round and Round" (Ratt)
  50. "I Want You To Want Me (Live)" (Cheap Trick)
  51. "Souls of Black" (Testament)
  52. "Song 2" (Blur)
  53. TBA (Modern English)
  54. TBA (Social Distortion)
  55. TBA (Tom Petty)

the game comes out in 5 days, will be interesting to see if someone makes an OT

The 1970s

Blue Öyster Cult – Godzilla
Cheap Trick – I Want You to Want Me (Live)
Foreigner – Hot Blooded
Heart – Barracuda
Kansas – Carry on Wayward Son
Santana – Black Magic Woman (Live)
The 1980s

Billy Idol – Rebel Yell
Brian Setzer – Rock This Town
The Clash – Should I Stay or Should I Go
Faith No More – Epic
Grateful Dead – Hell in a Bucket
Judas Priest – Breaking the Law (Live)
Living Colour – Cult of Personality
Modern English – I Melt With You
Pixies – Here Comes Your Man
RATT – Round and Round
Rick Springfield – Jessie’s Girl
Rush – Limelight
The 1990s

Alanis Morissette – You Oughta Know
Bad Religion – Infected
Blind Melon – No Rain
blink-182 – All the Small Things
Blur – Song 2
Dream Theater – Pull Me Under
Duncan Sheik – Barely Breathing
Incubus – Drive
Jane’s Addiction – Been Caught Stealing
Kenny Wayne Shepherd – Blue on Black
Lynch Mob – Wicked Sensation
Megadeth – Hangar 18
Pantera – I’m Broken
Pearl Jam – Alive
Social Distortion – Bad Luck
Sublime – What I Got
Testament – Souls of Black
The 2000s

The All-American Rejects – Move Along
Bullet for My Valentine – Tears Don’t Fall
Children of Bodom – Are You Dead Yet?
Coldplay – Yellow
The Distillers – Drain the Blood
Fall Out Boy – Sugar, We’re Goin’ Down
Five Finger Death Punch – The Bleeding
Maroon 5 – Harder to Breathe
Modest Mouse – Float On
My Chemical Romance – Welcome to the Black Parade
Nine Days – Absolutely (Story of a Girl)
Shinedown – Devour
The Strokes – Reptilia
Wolfmother – Woman
The 2010s

Black Label Society – Overlord
Bootsy Collins – Rock Bandit (Original Composition for BandFuse)
Halestorm – Love Bites (So Do I)
Red Fang – Wires
Slash – Back from Cali
Stellar Revival – The Crazy Ones

Fredrik

I don't know. It's almost getting too realistic. I play guitar, and I think I'd rather just google some free tabs, rather than buy this game. I'd love if there was a demo though, I could be wrong, might be a lot of fun.
Same here, I got Rocksmith but it was too realistic too, it felt like it just pushed me into sloppy playing with the fast advancement, better to get some regular tabs and a bunch of practising techniques and do it right from the start.

desu

Still no European release information, right? Guess I am just getting Rocksmith has they have been saying "soon" for information on the European release for months now.

There aren't many reviews for the game so I'll link the one from my website:

After a long, long wait, BandFuse: Rock Legends, the newest music game on the market, is finally released. First announced in early 2012, the game was initially supposed to be a competitor to the original Rocksmith, but with a more diverse set of features- multi-track recordings that faded as the difficulty increased, a recording studio, bass guitar support, real vocals, and a triple-A set of tracks that people were genuinely excited to see, as well as the game’s biggest differentiator- two-dimensional tablature. This was a feature people wanted out of Rocksmith and simply were not going to get.But time went on; the recording studio feature quietly vanished; Rocksmith added its own bass guitar functionality; a good chunk of the tracks were released as DLC for Rocksmith; some tracks announced for the game vanished completely; and finally, perhaps most importantly, the minor issue that is Rocksmith 2014 was both announced and released before BandFuse could come out. And yet here we are, with two music games attempting to teach its players how to play guitar. How does it stack up- as a game, a teacher, and against its closest competition?

http://www.theriffrepeater.com/review-bandfuse-rock-legends-guitar-bass-vocals-xbox360-ps3

desu

Good review, with their inability to comment on a European release I went with Rocksmith 2014. Will probably get this once it has a cheap price or if they come with a second game (which kind of seems unlikely right now as there is basically no buzz for the game at all).

desu

Can only imagine that this game bombed super hard. Saw no buzz for it, still no European date either I guess.

SFenton

Hey guys, new DLC and patch today!

Patch Notes

SONGS:

Blues Traveler “Run-Around”
Boston “Foreplay/Long Time"
Filter “Hey Man, Nice Shot” (Drop D)
Incubus “Pardon Me”
The Jimi Hendrix Experience “Fire”
The Jimi Hendrix Experience “Love or Confusion”
Lynyrd Skynyrd “Simple Man” (Eb Standard)
The Offspring “All I Want”
Pantera “Cowboys from Hell (Live)”
Yes “Roundabout”

$2.99 each, no packs.

BACKING TRACKS:

Marcus Henderson “Funky Canon”
Marcus Henderson “Jazzy Chill Groove”
Marcus Henderson “Backing Beats Pack 1″ (comes with five backing drum tracks)

$1.99 each, no packs (i.e., can't get all three at a discount).

BE WARNED: The Henderson DLCs are tiny (10 MB each?), while the songs vary from 50 MB to 100 MB. Clear that space, rockers!

VIDEOS

Roundabout (me)
Run Around (TheRiffRepeater)
All I Want (TheRiffRepeater)
Hey Man Nice Shot (me)
Simple Man (TheRiffRepeater)
Fire (me)

For more on BandFuse, check out TheRiffRepeater. For a totally rad review of BandFuse, go here!

Full list for this month:

The Jimi Hendrix - PURPLE HAZE
The Jimi Hendrix – LITTLE WING (Eb Standard)
Cheap Trick – SURRENDER (Live)
Heart – CRAZY ON YOU
Jane’s Addiction - MOUNTAIN SONG
Pretenders – BACK ON THE CHAIN GANG
Disturbed – INSIDE THE FIRE (Drop C)
Panic! at the Disco – I WRITE SINS, NOT TRAGEDIES
Fall Out Boy – DANCE, DANCE
A Day to Remember – THE DOWNFALL OF US ALL

Waveset

Saw this on their Facebook page:

Matteo Marsala said:
Please know that it drives us insane that we can't give you a solid date for EU. It's out of our hands, legal is dealing with it. We have no control over the signing of the contracts and final deal points. As soon as the contract is signed, we'll work with the EU publisher to lock down a date and will share it with all of you. Until then, I am unable to give you a solid EU release date.

Storm360

This requires it's own property connector right? I'd import on PS3 if my Rocksmith cable would work, but I'm worried about the bigger box with the cable coming through customs

desu

Saw this on their Facebook page:

Too be honest, I feel really bad for them that the game is stuck in legal jungle. I can only guess the game will bomb hard once it finally is releases because most people that were interested in the game might have purchased Rocksmith at this point (at least I did).

SFenton

DLC's out today! Picked up all of it, have only played the non-Hendrix E Standards, and Panic. Will try the fun-sounding Drop Cs later and sink some time into Hendrix.

http://www.theriffrepeater.com/realta-bandfuse-suspends-us-operations/

Hi All -

We are very sad to report that due to events beyond our control, Realta has had to temporarily suspended its US operations. The game and current DLC will continue to be available for now, and as we sort out the next steps for the company, we will keep you posted regarding the long-term future of BandFuse. We truly appreciate every one of our supporters! Keep playing the game, posting amazing videos, stay tuned for updates and most importantly, rock on!

The BandFuse Team

Drakken

So how does this compare to Rocksmith 2014? I remember liking the look of this (how they were essentially going straight up tabs) back when screens were coming out before its release. I have 2014 but haven't played it much yet due to lag issues (no stereo receiver to go through) and just not getting around to it. Curious whether this would be worth picking up.

desu

Why am I not surprised, this game must have bombed suuuuper hard. There was literally no buzz for it on release. And no European version either (probably a cost issue as well).

Card Boy

Banned
Why am I not surprised, this game must have bombed suuuuper hard. There was literally no buzz for it on release. And no European version either (probably a cost issue as well).

Yeah

• No PC release
  • No release outside NA
  • No press outside Facebook and twitter posts
  • Only on 2 platforms
  • From what i have read it doesn't do anything better than its competitor (Rocksmith/Rocksmith 2014) and is not as well reviewed.

One parting tip - Its my understanding that Hendrix's "Foxey Lady (Live) is suppose to come out from being a "hidden" track and only available by code at the end of this month. Check the store and grab it, its an awesome version of the song!
Until we meet again...

Hopefully not the last DLC

Top Bottom