• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BandFuse: The 4th Game to Let You Use a Real Guitar!

Shadybiz

It's funny that this thread came up. I had started playing guitar about a year ago, and was starting to get "okay" at it, but then I got busy with a research project of sorts in September, and have neglected it. I am almost done what I have been doing though, and itching to get back into it, so I just may check this out.

Edit: pretty great song lineup, too!

Alcibiades

Any chance of a Wii U version a few months down the line? The learning guitar benefit of getting better at this makes it more desirable than just another Guitar Hero.

Any chance of a Wii U version a few months down the line? The learning guitar benefit of getting better at this makes it more desirable than just another Guitar Hero.

Only PS3/XBox 360 so far.

The guitar bundle is not yet priced, but for $69.99 buyers get the game, audio breakout, and guitar cable. Bumping up to the $79.99 band edition nets you two guitar cables, a USB hub, and a microphone. Realta also allows any six-string electric guitar to work with the game.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/b...2013/02/26/bandfuse-rock-legends-preview.aspx

Got their ESRB posting, usually we can find out some songs from this:

Rating Summary: This is a music and rhythm game in which players strum guitar and bass lines along with songs and music videos. Players score points by accurately matching notes, chords, and their duration as they play along with on-screen prompts. Accompanying music videos contain occasional images of violence: a police officer beating a young man; a woman apparently hanging from a noose (only her feet are depicted). In music-selection screens, two album covers depict stylized images of blood: an illustration in which blood emits from a figure's stomach; a razor blade with drips of blood. Some videos depict suggestive/sexual material: couples in their underwear caressing, straddling, or kissing; one video depicts close-ups angles of a woman in a bikini. During the course of the game, one music video depicts characters drinking several cans of beer; other videos depict actors lighting or smoking cigarettes. Song lyrics contain occasional references to drugs (e.g., “I don't get angry when my mom smokes pot/Hits the bottle and goes right to the rock”), and sexual behavior (e.g., “Is she perverted like me/Would she go d*wn on you in a theatre...”).

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsi...BandFuse:+Rock+Legends&searchkeyword=bandfuse

desu

Alpha build? I don't really have a problem with them taking longer for development but at least say something because they still have said nothing more than "spring" for release. I guess they won't release before Q3/Q4.

Who said not this year?

I said "looking like" if this guy's son is just playing an Alpha Build and they haven't even updated their facebook page with anything relevant in two months I'd say it's obvious the game isn't coming out in "Early Spring".

At the very least we can hope that the Xbox version is further along.

*takes off speculation hat*

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Am I the only one that finds it odd that toymachine is the only one who seems to care about this?

I'm looking at toy's post history here and feel like I've discovered something but I really don't know what.

Fusebox

Banned
Am I the only one that finds it odd that toymachine is the only one who seems to care about this?

I'm looking at toy's post history here and feel like I've discovered something but I really don't know what.

I was creaming over Rocksmith but I just found the whole experience a bit clunky and unsatisfying and it's kind of turned me off the concept, but this is shaping up to be a lot better.

I'm the only person that cares enough to update people on it. Much like Rocksmith at the beginning.

luffeN

I have not played Rocksmith in a long time, did they change the way you progress through the songs? I want to start from scratch in every song like in Guitar Hero :(

BigDug13

I was creaming over Rocksmith but I just found the whole experience a bit clunky and unsatisfying and it's kind of turned me off the concept, but this is shaping up to be a lot better.

Rocksmith should have included the option to hard-set your own difficulty setting instead of forcing that adaptive difficulty. That's what really made it clunky...missing a couple notes maybe because of guitar receptiveness through the game and it was setting you back to a lower difficulty setting automatically.

7Fq3VZ1.png

silence has broken

Oneironaut

Neo Member
When I first heard of guitar hero, I was hoping that it would be a game that would help you learn to play the guitar. I was quite disappointed when I saw the actual controller it used. I ended up having a lot of fun with Guitar Hero games, but I'm glad this trend of games using actual guitars has arrived.

I've played a good amount of Rocksmith over the past few months, and seen noticeable improvement in my guitar playing. I'll surely keep an eye on this game as well. Hopefully they have a PC release somewhere down the road.

JDHarbs

I don't quite understand why we still have setlists in rhythm games. Can't we have a new Guitar Hero or Rock Band that uses our own downloaded music like AudioSurf? Or is it just b/c they make more $$$ by having us pay for our favorite songs through DLC?

BigDug13

No, RB3 requires a specific Fender. I've long wondered why HMX went the route they did with RB3 pro mode because it crippled the idea.

I agree. Terrible decision. Any electronic drum set works but only that one guitar works? A guitar that was built in super low quantities and then abandoned? Rock band could have lived on if pro guitar was supported as well as the pro drums.

I don't quite understand why we still have setlists in rhythm games. Can't we have a new Guitar Hero or Rock Band that uses our own downloaded music like AudioSurf? Or is it just b/c they make more $$$ by having us pay for our favorite songs through DLC?

And who will be charting these songs?

Top Bottom