• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Banjo Kazooie Spiritual successor revealed on this month's EDGE

Oddduck

Kind of odd that they decided to do a Kickstarter. I thought they already had the funding for it based off previous information they mentioned?

Project Ukulele will release even if the Kickstarter fails.

Kickstarter will just help grow the project into something bigger.

Axass

Why Wii U? It's going to hold back the PC and PS4/X1 versions. Scale, scope, assets are all going to be gimped.

You gotta be kidding me. They are seven guys, you think they're shooting for an AAA PS4 game? They could probably make what they're thinking of on the Wii, let alone the Wii U.

Well you'll be happy to know it's coming to PC. They've already mentioned an early access release on Steam.

Yeah, that's all I really want. It's always funny seeing people calling for Nintendo to buy them out, though. I'd rather have the option to play their games with all the graphical bells and whistles on PC than restricting it to really dated Wii U hardware.

You gotta be kidding me. They are seven guys, you think they're shooting for an AAA PS4 game? They could probably make what they're thinking of on the Wii, let alone the Wii U.

True, according to the article in The Guardian they do want to expand to a team of twenty though, comparable to the N64 days.

Why Wii U? It's going to hold back the PC and PS4/X1 versions. Scale, scope, assets are all going to be gimped.

Yeah, the scope and the assets of an indie 3D platformer that's developed by 6 people which happens to be designed as the spiritual successor to one of the N64's most beloved exclusives.

deleted

Project Ukulele will release even if the Kickstarter fails.

Kickstarter will just help grow the project into something bigger.

This will be a big kickstarter - probably Millions, so I hope they are aware of that. I could see the game coming out way later since they get a lot more resources and new goals for the game.

Chuck

Still without luck
huh kinda seems like they tried to get everyone excited before they launched their give us your money campaign huh

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
The type of audience may be but the size of that audience is small. The Wii U has bombed beyond belief.

The audience in general that wants this type of game is pretty small, that has already been proven by the death of 3D platformers. The only remaining games in the genre still tend to sell the best on Nintendo platforms. Ignoring that would be an unwise move, especially when you factor in nostalgia.

Nzyme32

I really don't think that is true at all. There are plenty of exceptional games there with excellent scope and scale that surpass things on other platforms with ease. They could always use multiple discs etc to work around it. Graphically it already looks like something the WiiU would handle with ease

I hear the term collectathon a lot. How much of Banjo games are actual platforming?

Not to say I don't like collectathon elements, but people make it seem like the games are like only collecting things. I have played a lot of games like that in the past that I liked, like Ty The Tasmanian Tiger and Jak and Daxter. How does the collectathon aspects in the banjo games compare to those?

Kinsei

Banned
I hear the term collectathon a lot. How much of Banjo games are actual platforming?

Not to say I don't like collectathon elements, but people make it seem like the games are like only collecting things. I have played a lot of games like that in the past that I liked, like Ty The Tasmanian Tiger and Jak and Daxter. How does the collectathon aspects in the banjo games compare to those?

There's quite a lot of platforming in the Banjo games. Really the only level that lacks platforming is Terrydactyland from Banjo-Tooie IMO.

Not concerned at all. Wii U hardware is more than good enough to produce an amazing looking 3D platformer, especially for this kind of project. PC and PS4 versions will be fine with a higher resolution too I guess.

Nbz

Really appreciate the comment about collectibles having to mean something. Far too many collectibles are worthless and add nothing to the game itself. Makes me feel good about this project!

Axass

2gpMWwL.jpg

They removed the hidden characters from the official pictures, lol.

Oddduck

I have never backed a Kickstarter, but this will be my first time ever.

Let's hope this ends up on multiple platforms/consoles.

Top Bottom