• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Basement Gaming is hosting a free SFV & UMVC3 tournament at the Microsoft Store

17310093_1481131411896941_9197635396138521715_o.jpg

Hey everyone,

Before I talk about the tournament. I am going to give you a short backstory about Basement Gaming.

My name is Roshawn. (Some people call me RoRo or Mufausa) My friend and I from Brampton ON, Canada usually host local tournaments in our area. We originally started off with the brand (Nick's Basement) as we were hosting tournaments at my business partner(Nick) house. He eventually had some issues with guests coming over to his place and we had to find somewhere else to go. Thankfully I had a friend who owns a mom and pop shop and was kind enough to let us host our sessions inside of his store. When we have our monthlies, we average roughly 18-30 people each month. But now we have a big opportunity due to a regular that comes out every weekend. A friend of ours got us in contact with a rep at Microsoft and we'll be officially hosting a big tournament inside of one of their stores (Square One, Mississauga ON, Canada). Few sponsors such as Asus, Gaemz and HyperX (Kingston) are all supporting us.

Now with my reason for making this post. I simply just want people to come out here and have fun. If you're located in Ontario and like to play SFV/Mahvel (regardless if it's on a competitive or casual level) or even if you just like to meet new people in the fighting game community. We would greatly appreciate your support by just showing up.

I should mention to you all that the tournament is free entry, and Microsoft will be offering free food and drinks to those who participate in the tournament.

You may register online (From Microsoft's website) or on tournament day to meet and play with players all around the GTA fighting game community. There will be raffle prizes as well as grand prizes being handed out to the winners of each game.
Players will be playing on PC (For SFV) and Xbox 360 (For UMVC3). You are encouraged to bring your own arcade sticks, controllers.

Saturday, April 29th, 2017
Microsoft Store Square One Shopping Centre
100 City Centre Drive, Mississauga, Ontario L5B 2C9

Here is a link to the facebook registration page if anyone is interested:

Link to the registeration page on Facebook

If you don't like facebook. You can also register directly on Microsoft's event page as well:

Link to microsoft event page

If you have any registration issues or other concerns. You can pm me here on GAF or email (Nick or myself) at basementgamingpr@gmail.com

Thank you all for those who support or even just mention about our scene or events in Brampton/Mississauga

And thank you again to Microsoft, Asus, Gaemz, HyperX (Kingston), and Burning Meter for partnering with us.

Top Bottom