• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bastion |OT| of Rebuilding Worlds & Voices in My Head

LiK

sM8ot.png

Title: Bastion
Platforms: XBLA | PC
Genre: Action Role-playing
Developer: Supergiant Games
Publisher: Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment

FrZOx.jpg

Release date: XBLA: July 20, 2011 | PC: August 16, 2011

Price: XBLA: 1200 Points | PC: $14.99

Ratings: ESRB: E10+ | PEGI: 12+

~What is it?~
Bastion is an original action role-playing game featuring a reactive narrator who marks your every move, lush hand-painted 2D artwork, and tight responsive gameplay that rewards playing with finesse. The game is designed to be simple to pick up and start playing, while offering a lot of rich choices around character customization as well as a deep story and gameworld you can lose yourself in.

~Story~
In Bastion, you play as a young man who wakes up to find his world shattered to pieces in a surreal catastrophe called the Calamity. You head for a place called the Bastion, where your people were supposed to go in case anything ever went wrong. But all you find there is an old man… who believes he can fix everything that’s happened, but he needs your help. You then seek out the materials necessary to complete the Bastion and realize its true power.

This story unfolds through the use of real-time narration, so you will be piecing together the mysteries of the gameworld every step of the way, as the narrator conveys the greater meaning behind your every action.

~Official FAQ~

~Official OST~
http://supergiantgames.bandcamp.com/
WqIoB.jpg

~Videos~
Official Trailer
Launch Trailer
Building the Bastion: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5

~Screens~
Fzy3h.jpg

LRsRe.jpg

3FhQJ.jpg

GKfD3.jpg

ZvVX1.jpg

sXLCw.jpg

Mp8b4.jpg

sAcOu.jpg

SaQdT.jpg

~Wallpaper~
Bastion_wallpaper.jpg

~Reviews~
Metacritic
Gaming Age - A
Kill Screen - 90
Joystiq - 4/5
Eurogamer - 8
Wired - 9
TheSixthAxis -10
Destructoid - 6.5
PALGN - 7 1/2
GameTrailers - 8.7
VideoGamer - 9
Worthplaying - 9
1UP - A-
G4TV - 4/5
Digital Spy - 5/5
Ars Technica - Buy
OXM - 8.5
IGN - 9.0
XBLA Fans - Buy
Splitkick - 10
Extra Guy - A+
Gamespot - 8.5
Avault - 5/5
Game Informer - 9.25
Cross and Controller - 9.5
Machinima - 95
Gamepro 5/5
Edge - 9
Totally Rad Show
MTV Multiplayer

~Non-English Reviews~
576 KByte Online - 9.5 (Hungarian)

iavi

This game has such amazing an amazing art aesthetic to it. If it plays, and sounds, as well as it looks, this thing is so bought.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Been looking forward to this for months! I would of never been interested in this game if it wasn't for their mini-series on Giant Bomb

The art style had me sold on day 1.

The voice over work adds to the immersion as well - certainly one of the title's strong points. I'm looking forward to this one, big time.

DaBuddaDa

Everyone in the gaming press has been *wink wink*ing this game this past week. They can't talk about it because of a strict embargo up Tuesday, but they've made it blatantly obvious that this is one of the greatest games of the generation and the best downloadable title of the year bar none. Expect a mid-90s metacritic.

DaBuddaDa said:
Everyone in the gaming press has been *wink wink*ing this game this past week. They can't talk about it because of a strict embargo up Tuesday, but they've made it blatantly obvious that this is one of the greatest games of the generation and the best downloadable title of the year bar none. Expect a mid-90s metacritic.

No kidding. I knew it was coming out the next week and nothing else so it is pretty obvious that is what they've been talking about. I expect to see a crazy amount of good reviews.

I'm so ready for this game after all the coverage Giant Bomb has given it. I would highly suggest anyone interested in the game watch those Building the Bastion videos.

Mrbob

This game looks awesome. I might have to procure some more MS points this week. Don't think I can hold out for the PC release.

DaBuddaDa said:
What sort of thing have they been saying?

Keasar

Man, I really missed Greg when he left Gamespot. He, Jeff and all the other old dudes and dudettes made me love that site. :(

Looking forward to this game. :D

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
DaBuddaDa said:

*wink*

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Holy. Fucking. Shit.

I am so glad this generation has completely turned around from where it seemed to be heading a few years ago, where 2D was completely dead.

TheOddOne

rudds said:
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Purchase justified.

Top Bottom