• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

What comes first, news of a patch or the PR for how well this game sold?

It'll be both in the same PR statement.

"We're happy to announce Arkham Knight has already sold a billion copies worldwide in 24 hours! We're thrilled people are willingly to blindly put faith into Iron Galaxy's PC ports, and sends a great message to all AAA publishers in the future. Additionally, the season-pass is achieving record sales, showing there's a market for people to pay $40 for content they've only heard brief descriptions for.

Finally, we've heard the complaints about the PC version of Arhkam Knight. Something about a 30fps lock, stuttering like ass, something something Unreal Engine streaming, whatever. We'll have our interns look into that in the weeks and months to come. Right now, our core focus at Rocksteady is getting the season pass DLC skins and race tracks in order for release over the next six months!"

Älg

So, seems like the legendary Denuvo DRM strikes again, destroying performance all over the place?

Has there ever been any evidence of Denuvo affecting performance negatively? Too me this just feels like more of a "muh DRM" situation, even though Denuvo isn't even DRM.

I mean the performance is still better than consoles, going above 30 fps and added effects.

Some people are experiencing really bad Hitching , Crashes , Large drops/Unstable Framerate. For those people 30FPS on Consoles doesn't sound bad.

For me The game just runs like shit. I mean how can you drop 20 frames indoors in the same scene and 20 frames when using the Batmobile Afterburner.

Draft

Iron Galaxy.
maxresdefault.jpg

The comments on that article are.. something.
The overall backlash from this is incredible.

I really don't see it as that big an issue. There's plenty of recently released AAA games with much larger issues. GTA V was literally unplayable by people with any special characters in their Windows 8.1 username for like a week.

This is a framerate cap that can be easily removed.

Like.

Really?

Edit: Ahh... I see people are having more issues with things beyond the framerate cap. Considering myself lucky then.

UrbanRats

It'll be both in the same PR statement.

"We're happy to announce Arkham Knight has already sold a billion copies worldwide in 24 hours! We're thrilled people are willingly to blindly put faith into Iron Galaxy's PC ports, and sends a great message to all AAA publishers in the future. Additionally, the season-pass is achieving record sales, showing there's a market for people to pay $40 for content they've only heard brief descriptions for.

Finally, we've heard the complaints about the PC version of Arhkam Knight. Something about a 30fps lock, stuttering like ass, something something Unreal Engine streaming, whatever. We'll have our interns look into that in the weeks and months to come. Right now, our core focus at Rocksteady is getting the season pass DLC skins and race tracks in order for release over the next six months!"
With Steam refunds being a thing, they better wait 14 days to bring out the smugness.

Akronis

I bought a new PC with Arkham Knight in mind (Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.4GHz / 16gigs of Ram / SSD drive / Titan X).
And it's not running well.

I tinkered with it, but it feels highly unstable and the frame dips get to me.
I could probably either wait for fixed or spend more time on getting the settings right, but I think I'm over that now.

Witcher 3 and GTA V run with well above stable 60 FPS with everything on max. settings.

I requested a refund on steam for the game and the season pass (Shame, Shame).

I'll be getting the PS4 version from Amazon tomorrow.

What the god damn hell is this nonsense? Just play it locked at 30FPS with Ultra settings and it's already better than the PS4 version. Are you fucking nuts?

GHG

Gold Member
the thing is though, isn't it still running like junk even without the gameworks features on?

Yep.

You can't blame nvidia for this shoddy port though.

What the god damn hell is this nonsense? Just play it locked at 30FPS with Ultra settings and it's already better than the PS4 version. Are you fucking nuts?

Its not better than the ps4 version though. We need a comparison video to make it clear, but from what I'm seeing on YouTube videos the ps4 version seems to look better for some reason.

The overall backlash from this is incredible.

I really don't see it as that big an issue. There's plenty of recently released AAA games with much larger issues. GTA V was literally unplayable by people with any special characters in their Windows 8.1 username for like a week.

This is a framerate cap that can be easily removed.

Like.

Really?
You think people only had problems with the frame cap?

Like.

Really?

Well I've started playing the PS4 version and it's probably how I'm going to end up playing the entire game. 30 FPS lock on PC still results in huge framerate drops all over the place. The PS4 version runs very well and only drops down by a couple FPS under load. What a bummer.

kewlmyc

I guess I've learned my lesson on preordering, or at least preordering with GMG. Can't get a refund now.

Hopefully it's fixed in the upcoming weeks. Also, lol at the marketing guy for WB coming in here to try to calm things down.

Barzul

Rocksteady butchered the PC version, I haven't hit launch yet, but there is no excuse as to why the PS4 version should run better than a 970 and above equipped PC. I was looking forward to this too.

Mifec

Some people are experiencing really bad Hitching , Crashes , Large drops/Unstable Framerate. For those people 30FPS on Consoles doesn't sound bad.

For me The game just runs like shit. I mean how can you drop 20 frames indoors in the same scene and 20 frames when using the Batmobile Afterburner.

I only heard about the unstable framerate so far but god damn if all of that was reported, congrats Iron Galaxy, congrats.

You think people only had problems with the frame cap?

Like.

Really?
Calm down, I revised my post. Just got back from work. Wasn't having any problems playing from early launch to actual launch. Came back to see the backlash. Assumed it was regarding the framerate cap because that's the issue people were discussing at the time.

People are claiming that console versions run better, and I already posted on the last page with a GTX 970 sitting at 90fps.

Getting good performance on the in-game benchmark test.

Minimum: 55
Maximum 102
Average: 70

Everything on except NVIDIA Interactive Smoke and Fog.

I have a GTX 970, i5-3570K, 16GB RAM.

pahamrick

My performance when locked to 30fps is great. Locked 30 max settings all gameworks options on, downsampling from 1440p and no stuttering I can perceive. It's just I can't play more than 15 minutes without it crashing.

I7 920 @ 4.1ghz HT Off
12GB Ram
GTX 970

Calm down, I revised my post. Just got back from work. Wasn't having any problems playing from early launch to actual launch. Came back to see the backlash. Assumed it was regarding the framerate cap because that's the issue people were discussing at the time.
You know I considered myself to be one of those lucky people, my 770 handed the game fine.

Then I got into the Batmobile, oh how my frames dropped!

Wolfie5

Ok, so there is a small hope it will be playable on my setup, but with some issues.
This whole thing sucks obviously, but hopefully I can play some today.

Getting good performance on the in-game benchmark test.

Minimum: 55
Maximum 102
Average: 70

Everything on except NVIDIA Interactive Smoke and Fog.

I have a GTX 970, i5-3570K, 16GB RAM.

I was getting results like that too, then when I went into the game, I couldn't get a smooth 60, and the game would drop down to 30-40 when driving.

Sal Ami

Banned
Älg;169494307 said:
Has there ever been any evidence of Denuvo affecting performance negatively? Too me this just feels like more of a "muh DRM" situation, even though Denuvo isn't even DRM.
Lords of the Fallen stuttered like hell and had Denuvo. Also, you can twist words as much as you want but Denuvo is DRM.

vg260

I'm really glad I don't care too much about framerate. I'm running everything maxed out (including gameworks stuff) at 1080 with the 30fps lock. Running on a i7-950 with 12 gigs of ram and a gtx970. Game runs fine for me. I'm quite happy so far. Haven't had any issues besides some minor stuttering in the first cut scene but gameplay seems smooth to me. No troubles with the batmobile yet.

Having to settle for that is a real shame for that system. I'd argue that is not fine.

napata

How? It hasn't been cracked for AK so you can't disable it.

And the way I understand it, previous "cracks" leave Denuvo running, they just try to fool it into thinking you have a legit copy.

I was wrong then. I thought the cracks removed Denuvo. I don't think the problematic performance is due to Denuvo though. Like I said before DA:I ran fine and so did LotF after a bit of patching.

People are claiming that console versions run better, and I already posted on the last page with a GTX 970 sitting at 90fps.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/208650/

Most of the steam reviews are about shit performance.

Just word that they're trying to do something would be a good start.

The silence is getting annoying. It's like 1.30pm over here, Rocksteady know about the issues by now.

They had to know before launch. The PS4 was the only version they sent to reviewers and hours before release, the minimum specs magically made a significant jump.

Anyone else notice how much jaggies there are, along with terrible textures?

Was this apparent in the ps4 version?

Akronis

Its not better than the ps4 version though. We need a comparison video to make it clear, but from what I'm seeing on YouTube videos the ps4 version seems to look better for some reason.

YouTube videos make terrible comparison videos due to compression. The game looks better on PC, even without the NVIDIA effects.

alu

The locked 30 FPS somehow make the frames drop below 30 FPS. I'm not sure how I can circumvent this issue, even by reducing other settings.

//DEVIL//

Rocksteady butchered the PC version, I haven't hit launch yet, but there is no excuse as to why the PS4 version should run better than a 970 and above equipped PC. I was looking forward to this too.

It doesnt.

as far as i know the PS4 version is 30 fps with less effects than the pc version as usual. how on earth the ps4 version runs better ?

What people are pissed off here is problems when you unlock the fps to more than 30 fps. thats when shit hits the fans. At leasts that is what i understood reading this thread

Also, sooner or later an update will come to the pc version along with updated drivers. and the pc version as always will always come on top.

People are so quick to complain and say "so glad there's refunds" when a patch is probably on the way but they'd rather make a negative review which they probably wont correct when these issues are fixed.

I really hate the 'I told you so' mentality of some people, not here on gaf but on other forums where they're all circle jerking over how you should never pre-order and now that this happened with Arkham Knight they're all so wise and knew without a shadow of a doubt that this would happen but of course had this not happened they would have known that too.

My game is very much playable, right now the stuttering is minimal and if I could only disable motion blur I think it would be even smoother.

Are you serious? Why should I wait if they already took my money? This "patching up" culture needs to die. It won't but it should. Also how did that patch work out for Watch Dogs? Or previous Arkham games?

Batman ports on PC have a history.

Are we SURE about this? I heard they just did some Steam integration work and that the port was done in house at Rocksteady?

[redacted] Linkedin profile at Iron Galaxy suggest they only handled steamwork integration for AC/AA, but did some coding in AO, which had the best PC performance of the three. According to steam packages, they did work on PC version but it's unclear how much.

I don't think Iron Galaxy is to blame yet.

edit: Don't want people slandering his account on my part.

it doesnt.

the PS4 version is 30 fps with less effects than the pc version as usual. how on earth the ps4 version runs better ?

what people are pissed off here is problems when u unlock the fps to more than 30 fps. thats when shit hits the fans.

Also, sooner or later an update will come to the pc version along with updated drivers. and the pc version as always will always come on top.

PS4 version dosn't stutters like hell, for starters.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Oh shit, i forgot WB is publishing the Mad Max game too.
Hope that won't turn out a mediocre port, too.

Avalance will most likely (hopefully) do the port in-house. If Just Cause 2 is anything to go by Mad Max (and Just Cause 3) will both run great on PC

Akronis

The locked 30 FPS somehow make the frames drop below 30 FPS. I'm not sure how I can circumvent this issue, even by reducing other settings.

Have you tried locking it with NvidiaInspector or MSI Afterburner instead of using the INI to lock it? Make sure VSync is off?

Top Bottom