• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

Rocksteady won't give a flying fuck. They've got their 90+ Metacritic and they're on track to sell millions of copies of the game. They're probably drowning in champagne somewhere right now.

That's always the worst thing about a shitty port. Knowing the developer really couldn't give two shits because they're swimming in console cash.

That's why PC gaming is always up against it.

HOLY shitballs.

Did they actually release a build from 3 years ago?

Can't be. Cant be.

Of course it's not some random build from three years ago. The game wasn't even remotely complete three years ago. It's not like they've just been polishing the frame-rate since 2012. They wouldn't have even had final dev kits for PS4/XBO in July 2012.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I highly doubt that they released an old build.

I'm kinda leaning towards 2012 being the year they started modifying UE3 for the games needs, it's most likely some legacy error message from UE3 or something. Makes sense timeline-wise seeing as Arkham City was out the year Before :p.

Fuck man, they should have just waited a while and got the game running on UE4, dat beastly engine.

Lol I wouldn't read that much into it. Legacy files and code that sticks around without getting renamed. It's a huge project that went through many iterations and passed through a lot of hands. Sometimes shit just gets so unwieldy that old files and stuff get left in even if they're literally never used, because it's all such a jumble and no one person knows where every file is and what it's all used for. In this case, my first assumption would be that one of the files that is still in use was created in July 2012. It certainly does not mean that the whole game is running on some 2012 engine build.

Yeah I came to that conclusion too after turning my outrage off for a moment and using my brain :lol

Vitor711

HOLY shitballs.

Can't be. Cant be.

Dude, come on, think a little. 3 years ago they wouldn't have had all the story missions completed and the game would be running A LOT worse since optimisation happens in the last few months of dev time.

Like, that's not even anywhere close to being a possibility. Do you know what a AAA game would like like a quarter of the way into its development? Not like this, even with all the issues.

Garou

OK you cunts who coded this game. I paid for your shit, I am trying to enjoy it, but this is the third time within 40 minutes that this happens:

arkhamknightfails.png

Moving over to the PS4 version until you fix your shit.

My PS4 version won't arrive for another couple of days at least ):

They screw you over and you pay them twice??

mintylurb

What a mess..I have a i7-4790K, 32gig ram, and just waiting for my gtx ti sc to arrive..but maybe I'll just get the ps4 version. And Denuvo..wth WB..

tuxfool

Banned
"our external PC development partner" pretty much say that Iron Galaxy is indeed the one doing the port.

still this is WB's fault, letting a studio with no track record on PC like Iron Galaxy porting your biggest release of the year instead of doing it in house and why relenting completely broken.

Someone earlier said Iron Galaxy did the Bioshock Infinte PC port, which was pretty good.

AA was the only Batman game I bought near launch on PC, which ran great for me at the time. Purchased Arkham Knight for $34 from GMG last weekend. Pretty sure that since I've redeemed the codes already that I can't get a refund from them but I'll probably try after I can test the game out after work. WB is on a roll this year with their PC ports. At least Witcher 3 was spared.

It's funny how Nvidia always seems to pack in games that are completely on fire with their cards. You'd think they'd want to better represent their video cards with things that aren't launching as steaming piles of garbage.

Someone from Rocksteady had posted a statement about the PC version on WB forums : http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support-for-PC/PC-Performance-issues-we-hear-you/m-p/571341#M7537
That's good to hear.

It's funny how Nvidia always seems to pack in games that are completely on fire with their cards. You'd think they'd want to better represent their video cards with things that aren't launching as steaming piles of garbage.
Not sure how Nvidia could have predicted this.

Besides, the goal is to sell cards. And they did that.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
As a long time console guy take my opinion worth a grain of salt but after unlocking the frame rate game runs great on my gtx 970. I did install it on a ssd, witch I normally don't. Everything is on save fog turned that off and only running on a 1080p big screen tv.

Can't tell ha if it's constant 60fps but looks great.

komorebi

I just realized I'm going to be extra furious if WB decides to be nice and give us the season pass or something for free as a "We're sorry" like how Ubisoft did with AC Unity. I paid for the pass from GMG and can't get a refund on the main game either.

I've never before wished I went with PS4 but now I'm really wishing it. Not sure about giving WB any more of my money though.

Delt31

what doesn't make sense is the conflicting reports here of performance. One guy says 770 works great, the other says 15fps, etc. wtf....

GHG

HOLY shitballs.

Can't be. Cant be.

The fact that people are questioning this release to this extent makes me laugh my head off.

Ffs, I should have just got dirt rally and far cry 4 in the steam sale instead.

Never never never preordering again, even if GMG are doing a discount.

vg260

"external PC development partner "

Great, thanks for the transparency now.
Maybe this was mentioned earlier but I sure don't remember it.

So yeah, bought a card primarily for this game /nvidia promo.
-Major performance issues
-Lack of clarity on who's developing it
-They yank the pre-order DLC for nividia promos users from the steam sub at the last second before release
-Undisclosed DRM.

All that on top of obnoxious pre-order exclusivity campaigns.

My last two purchases were Ultra SFIV on PS4 and now this. Man, buying games has been so frustrating recently.

Did you buy from GMG? I only got sent one key and had to send a support ticket. They sent me my second key this morning and now I have it.

However i'm not playing it because the game performance sucks :(

No actually go and play it, my main game runs exactly like that RPS video, but the harley segment ran fucking flawlessly and she's truly awesome.
Should be something to tide you over till this gets fixed...

CUD

Banned
Zero modifications aside from renaming the intro movie file links. But the game isn't even looking for those files. It's looking for files that truly do not exist.

Hmm. I only get that crash when I disable motion blur but it doesn't even make it to the main menu, with motion blur enabled I don't get any crashes.

tuxfool

Banned
I'd also like to know wtf happened to faceworks?

Was the "external pc development partner" too incompetent to integrate it properly?

Andy, can you shed any light if you read this?

This is no different to the Witcher 3, where all sorts of Nvidia Features were dropped in the final game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Someone from Rocksteady had posted a statement about the PC version on WB forums : http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support-for-PC/PC-Performance-issues-we-hear-you/m-p/571341#M7537

"We are working closely with our external PC development partner" more or less confirms that Iron Galaxy had development duties, as many suspected.

You need a separate key for that DLC.

The Harley Quinn DLC was rolled into the game's pre-order subs. I suspect he was given a post-release key.

Does the Harley Quinn DLC come as part of the Season Pass?

It will be added later.

I think part of their strategy is to make sure games run like crap on AMD too.

The only Exception in the Next-gen Cycle of Nvidia Approved games I've played is Ground Zeroes , but that game doesn't have GameWorks.

epmode

I'm running a lot better than that RPS video but I am using a Titan X. My framerate is still all over the place, though, and it runs far worse than The Witcher 3 and GTA 5.

FACE

Banned
OK you cunts who coded this game. I paid for your shit, I am trying to enjoy it, but this is the third time within 40 minutes that this happens:

http://glaurung.planet.ee/img/arkhamknightfails.png[IMG]

Moving over to the PS4 version until you fix your shit.

[SPOILER]My PS4 version won't arrive for another couple of days at least ): [/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

You bought two copies of that game, that'll show them!

Glad I couldn't get this day 1 in the end. Wouldn't have liked the conclusion to one of my favourite franchises to come from last gen's conclusion to be marred like this. This is a joke

Peterthumpa

Andy, anything from your side? I know that those problems aren't NVIDIA specific, but for sure you had some kind of idea about the performance before this shitstorm?

Top Bottom