• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

RulkezX

So I've finally got home and in alkl honestly I thought GAF was being GAF and that while sub optimal the game would be more than playable for me ( I'm cool with 30 fps) but .....

Nope, it's horrible, video stutters all over the place, frame dropping from 31 to as low as 5 for no reason and the game isn't even good looking. Everything looks soft and blurry ( like I'm running at a sub native resolution or something).

My rig is dated :

2500k @ 4.4ghz
7970 Ghz Edition 3GB
8GB ram

But it runs the witcher 3 at mostly ultra with a couple of highs at ~45 fps.

AK is mostly sub 30 just with everything on normal with the game rate all over the place.

wtf i got the game from nvidia for GTX970. And today when i got home from work to play this game i found this thread....
and i cant even refund this game...

Lulubop

I uninstalled it, redownloaded it AGAIN and I still can't fucking launch the thing. Is GMG giving refunds?

Rjzb.png

I get this no matter what. Fuck this game.

Holy fucking shit, surely this is just a coincidence?

It is.....

I did some more digging and I really do think it is just a weird coincidence.

The timelines for that linkedin profile absolutely do not match the timeline for the neogaf poster.

Edit: to give some further info that'll hopefully stop people from mining that linkedin profile person:

Linkedin profile has been working in TV for a long time. Neogaf poster owned a videogame shop at the same time period. I really don't think it's the same person.

Come on GAF...

I uninstalled it, redownloaded it AGAIN and I still can't fucking launch the thing. Is GMG giving refunds?

Rjzb.png

Hmm have you gone into the steam folders and just deleted everything related to the game before it redownloaded?

IT's HERE. How many PS4 people have come to this PC performance thread only to thread shit, or insinuate that this is just a typical PC release?

Not many? You're gonna have to link me cause all I see is people saying that perhaps they should have picked up the PS4 version.

Like me. In fact, I'm contemplating that very thing right now.

Rjzb.png

The time of your request for refund/credit is no more than 7 days from time of purchase

- The game has not been activated or downloaded

- The game activation key (including any bonus or beta keys) have not been disclosed to you by email or webpage

- Physical games are for UK distribution only. Any attempt to purchase these outside the UK (using a proxy or VPN, etc) will result in a loss purchase and will not be refunded

- We are unable to process refunds 48 hours before a game is due to be released or preload begins

- We find your request reasonable due to special circumstances

- Paypal refunds CAN NOT be processed after 60 days from purchase

- Goods lost in post will be refunded within 30 days

- Bitcoin transactions can not be refunded or reversed. These transactions are final.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4

Rjzb.png

You have to use detective mode to figure it out.

I'd be irate right now, had I not acquired Arkham Knight from Nvidia.

Rjzb.png

Even if they aren't giving refunds, you should be demanding one. That error is garbage that should never happen.

Good luck, Lulubop.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Why does the rain look so much heavier on the console versions?
I suspect it's using the nVidia gameworks feature which produces a more complex simulation but clearly looks rather different in effect. I'm curious to explore that feature but at least you can switch to the default rain simulation.

The gameworks smoke effects, though, do look really cool. A little out of place but very neat nonetheless.

komorebi

Not many? You're gonna have to link me cause all I see is people saying that perhaps they should have picked up the PS4 version.

Like me. In fact, I'm contemplating that very thing right now.

Me too. No stuttering, no Denuvo, no vram memory leak, and no CTDs sounds nice right about now.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Given the nearly 4Gb patch for the PS4 version. I can't help but think there must be a big patch coming for the PC.

PS4 fanboys have become the ultimate trolls online at this point. Worse than Xbox 360 fanboys last gen.

They're all jumping on this making it seem as though this happens all the time on PC and so "just get it on PS4". As if the EXACT opposite hasn't actually been the truth this generation.

FUCK OFF already.

After all the Alexandros nonsense I think they deserve this one victory...

AEREC

Any one have issues with the audio...sounds just don't seem right. Punches sound a bit "tinny" and there seems to be very little to no sound coming from heavy rain.

molnizzle

Like what?

Off the top of my head,

Mortal Kombat X
Far Cry 4
Shadow of Mordor
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Watch Dogs
Wolfentstein: TNO
Assassin's Creed (any of them)

Some might say the PC ports of Shadow of Mordor and Wolfenstein were fine, which is true unless you wanted to use a form of antialiasing that isn't straight up downsampling. Both games had excellent post process AA on PS4 that wasn't easy (or even possible in the case of Wolfenstein) to replicate on PC.

ClearData

To the posters saying its just a game, wait a bit, and its part of PC gaming to tweak and all that I understand. But I also feel a standard of quality assurance should apply to everyone. Add to that some really shady stuff appears to have gone down.

• Minimum specs updated the day before release? Well past the upgrade cycle most first timers and upgraders have either updated or stuck with their machines.
  • No PC review copies, or Xbox One for that matter.
  • No mention of the port studio until now.

I'd appreciate if WB worried more for the customers than their bottom line. PC gamers will make them a lot of money, and Nvidia, and AMD if they just put forth good faith efforts. Now it's just disgruntled gamers and reputation hits.

Edit: Thankfully Steam refunds are a thing now. But I'd rather get a good product than refund out of spite.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
Yea, and verifying the game cache shows I'm missing 4k files but it just redownloads the damn thing and I'm back where I started.

Wait till they release a patch. No point in trying t download again and again. This thing is a mess.

Yea, and verifying the game cache shows I'm missing 4k files but it just redownloads the damn thing and I'm back where I started.

Just manually delete everything and try to start off clean, no idea what else you can do since it seems the redownload isn't working.

IMACOMPUTA

Yea, and Verifying the game cache shows I'm missing 4k files but it just redownloads the damn thing and I'm back where I started.
Yeah, verifying cache is useless ATM. It deletes your game. I was one of the first people in this thread that it happened to. Lol.
Maybe check your firewall and make sure its not blocking your batman exe. I saw another poster with the same style of error that said could not communicate with server.

Maybe try turning your firewall off altogether and try it.

Buburibon

It seems to vary widely. A lot (tons) are having no end of issues. I finally got it where the game would play, and am getting OK performance with everything maxed.

Whoops, got threads and tabs mixed up. But yeah, it's messed up.

Is that at 30fps? It's definitely possible to achieve pretty decent performance as long as you don't try and go over the ridiculous 30fps "speed limit."

You know, it's not as though the PC version is specially broken, it's just that on consoles you're not allowed to see the ugly truth beyond 30fps.

EDIT: I've just learned that AO isn't enabled in the PC version. Okay, maybe it really is completely broken. P

The Cowboy

Why does the rain look so much heavier on the console versions?

Yeah, i much prefer how it looks on console - looks much heavier and better due to this IMO. In fact watching the video the only real differences i could see in favour of the PC version (once you remove res/fps etc, if the game worked well enough to have a better res/fps that is) are the smoke/paper gameworks stuff and the lack of AO (or a worse version of it).

Basically for me its PS4 has better rain and AO, PC has better fog/paper (if your on NVidia).

So what exactly is the problem?

I see a lot of complaints and no clear cut list of issues.
Shit performance
Seemingly no higher than normal textures (?)
Delicious denuvo drm
Memory leaks like crazy
Ctd errors out the ass
Stuttering
One user had their entire game deleted after a crash apparently

This is what I see and I don't even own the game.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
It's not just this game. EA sent out a tweet about Battlefront. Bunch of PS4 idiots saying how you shoudl buy it on PS4 instead 'cause Arkham.

IT's fanboys being idiot fanboys as usual. Nevermind mind that it would be a hundred times easier to turn the argument around.

Yeah well, what about Witcher 3? Lords of the fallen? Alien Isolations? AC Unity? Battlefield 4? etc, etc, etc.

There's an agenda with them here. They want to spin this from "Fucking terrible dev that is putting yet another half-baked turd out" to PC gaming sucks!! That's not helpful to anyone, including PS4 gamers that have to put up with this on other games.

Why are they doing this? Who knows. Maybe trying to overcompensate? Upset that PC ahrdware has alreayd left their console behind? Fanboys will fanboy I guess, but PS4 ones are pretty out of control.
Christ dude, you're taking this whole system wars thing way too seriously.

Shit performance
Seemingly no higher than normal textures (?)
Delicious denuvo drm
Memory leaks like crazy
Ctd errors out the ass
Stuttering
One user had their entire game deleted after a crash apparently

This is what I see and I don't even own the game.

All of this really, and I am also a user who had my game crash and it deleted everything so I had to redownload the whole god damn thing again.

Top Bottom