• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

Finally got to sit down and play after re-downloading the game all afternoon. 4770k, 980, 16mb ram, 7200rpm HDD. Here's what I did to lock it to a smooth and stutter-free 30fps (so far).

Nv Inspector:
Max Pre-Rendered Frames "1"
V-Sync Tear Control: Standard
V-Sync 1/2 refresh rate
Nvidia FXAA: On
I also forced 16x AF, not sure if it works but what the hell.

RivaTuner:
30fps cap

INI config:
MaxFPS=60

Graphics Options:
Everything Max except SmokeWorx and PaperWorx

One of the smoothest 30fps I've ever seen on PC but I don't do this very often. Tearing ass with the Batmobile
(sorry guys, I love this thing)
never really stutters except in obvious situations where its loading another part of the map, so in other words not frequently.

Yeah, I've done pretty much the same thing except I've not touched NV inspector and I run the game borderless windowed. I get some stutters here and there, but it's definitely playable. I really should be able to get 60 fps though.

Is there a comparison out there that shows better textures on console?

Idk I've seen lots of stuff that looks worse and that lots of people are saying it. I'm also hearing though its possibly an LOD issue? Either way textures consistently look worse whether they aren't there or are loading in wrong

So I tested it again when I got home.

Kicked all options up to max at 1080p, including the NVIDIA stuff. Ran the benchmark:
2015-06-23_00001.jpg

Closed the benchmark, ran it again, a few seconds later, with no changes to any options:
2015-06-23_00002.jpg

The fuck?!

The vram fills up every time the game runs something

Spaghetti

just realised how sad my experience is with this game before i've even played it

pre-ordered it after the reveal, for the october 2014 release. now two delays later we've got a total mess of a port.

sigh.

broke my heart WB. broke my heart.

FLAguy954

I'm pretty sure Nixxes is like 5 people.

Damn, I love Nixxes' work on PC. I don't know what's going on but that doesn't bode well for Iron Galaxy games.

In regards to that twitter statement, it's pretty shitty for Rocksteady/WB to blatantly call out Iron Galaxy Studios like they didn't want to touch the PC version with a ten foot pole.

Wavebossa

Yeah this game seems to only run well for people who have 2 cards with SLI turned off and 1 card for pure Physx

for me..

i4770k @4ghz
2x 770GTX

Everything Maxed (as much as it will let me)
Game works on (when avaliable)
1920x1080

SLI on - 14-20 fps
Only 1 card in system - ~25fps
SLI off (2 cards installed) - ~35fps
SLI off (2nd card dedicated physx) - above 50fps

For some silly reason (as others have stated), simply having a card dedicated to physx is going to give you the biggest increase in fps. This is true with gameworks off and on.

dEvAnGeL

Still no ETA on a patch smh.
if you're expecting a patch this week i think you might be disappointed, the fact that people believe they are working on it right now is funny, they got their money, game will sell shit ton of copies on consoles, they knew the state of the PC version hence no review copies to any outlet, you really think that rocksteady, the company that created the game was unaware of the problems the PC version had? they just decided to give a fuck, sometimes i really wish the government would step in and create a quality control law or some kind of shit like that because this is ridiculous and this people keep getting away with it

Corpekata

Banned
Okay, weird issue:

AK was suddenly performing way worse, thought maybe it was just the areas of the game evolving as the story went on and having more effects.

I decided to load up Witcher 3 and...it was suddenly performing at about half the FPS it usually does too.

Reboot PC, Witcher 3 is fixed. Didn't have a crash or anything that should have caused this. It's reminding of the Watch Dogs launch in which playing it would affect other random ass games for no reason.

Hoping just some fluke, will report back if there's anything notable.

Salsa

Okay, weird issue:

AK was suddenly performing way worse, thought maybe it was just the areas of the game evolving as the story went on and having more effects.

I decided to load up Witcher 3 and...it was suddenly performing at about half the FPS it usually does too.

Reboot PC, Witcher 3 is fixed. Didn't have a crash or anything that should have caused this. It's reminding of the Watch Dogs launch in which playing it would affect other random ass games for no reason.

memory leaks

DarkOneX

Okay, weird issue:

May not be what happened but if you ever get that "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" message it will about halve your framerate in all games until you reboot. Sometimes you may not notice that message pop up if it happens but you can see it in your system event log. Again, might not pertain but thought I'd throw that out there.

jett

D-Member
There's something in this garbage code that makes the game eventually constantly access the HDD nonstop. Even when you're IN THE MENUS, it stutters like crazy.

I got a heads up that removing the 30FPS limit in the ini file is what's causing the memory leaks and will crash late game.

No offense but people, please stop posting your placebo fixes. This didn't help AT ALL.

Derpcrawler

I am on 5960X, 32Gb of DDR4. Game has huge memory leak, it eats up 11Gb of RAM after hour of gameplay and then just becomes unstable.

Okay, weird issue:

BAK does something weird to the Windows pagefile, in its quest to consume all VRAM that exists. I'd guess that is what the issue is.

Normal games will cull their usage at certain points to prevent crashes and maintain usability, but BAK does not. It is insatiable.

Zemm

if you're expecting a patch this week i think you might be disappointed, the fact that people believe they are working on it right now is funny, they got their money, game will sell shit ton of copies on consoles, they knew the state of the PC version hence no review copies to any outlet, you really think that rocksteady, the company that created the game was unaware of the problems the PC version had? they just decided to give a fuck, sometimes i really wish the government would step in and create a quality control law or some kind of shit like that because this is ridiculous and this people keep getting away with it

The people at Iron Galaxy are currently working on it. Rocksteady probably don't really care judging by them throwing IG under the bus on twitter.

Kathian

Banned
Seems to me devs are still really fucking struggling with next gen on more than two systems. Am not sure how a small outsourced team were suppose to turn this around when not long ago the console game was also clearly having big technical issues.
Might need to expect PC delays.

thrown their big games to a studio with a bad track record with ports like High Voltage (why people trust them with ports after ZOE is beyond me) and now Iron Galaxy will do that.

and it's really bad especially that there is a big fanbase for both MK and Batman on PC.

I'm not ready to blame Iron Galaxy, their work hasn't been bad traditionally. Could be a bad time table or something on Rocksteady's end. The fault is always with the publisher anyways, they shouldn't have released the game in such a state.

jett

D-Member
just realised how sad my experience is with this game before i've even played it

pre-ordered it after the reveal, for the october 2014 release. now two delays later we've got a total mess of a port.

sigh.

broke my heart WB. broke my heart.

Three is only one solution for this port.

JuLOvXC.jpg

Kill it and start over again? :p Rocksteady should've handled this themselves.

LMAO

Let me repost this for all to see, so many people burned by the pre-order:

http://i.imgur.com/hz2PYe4.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

What the shit, don't post a 170MB gif.

diaspora

This is what my CPU and GPU look like when I'm playing.

i7 4770k @ 3.5Ghz
16GB RAM
HD 7970

Getting 30FPS most of the time, we the occasional drop by 2-3 FPS. Once it dropped to 20FPS for God knows what reason.

My settings:

And I took a couple of screenshots:
http://abload.de/img/batmanak2015-06-2317-1jogk.png
http://abload.de/img/batmanak2015-06-2317-nfrc6.png
http://abload.de/img/batmanak2015-06-2317-iipxg.png
http://abload.de/img/batmanak2015-06-2317-9lrx8.png
http://abload.de/img/batmanak2015-06-2317-atpt8.png

From my personal experience, the game runs decently and is, imo, quite pretty, though there's a few things I have to ask questions about (what's up with the AA? Why the film grain? What the hell does Enchanced Rain do?)

40% GPU usage wut

Head.spawn

If it's true that that the team working on the port of this game consisted of 12 people with 8 weeks to turn this in, then I take back my animosity towards their work. If that's the case, it's insane that this is even working at all.

I'm not ready to blame Iron Galaxy, their work hasn't been bad traditionally. Could be a bad time table or something on Rocksteady's end. The fault is always with the publisher anyways, they shouldn't have released the game in such a state.

Iron Galaxy is not looking good in all of this and of recent, but I agree... We should hear their side of the story too. They are getting slammed like crazy all over the internet, their reputation is completely ruined. We should not forget there are people behind this. Tight deadlines/budgets, etc. Rockstar delayed GTA PC so many times for a reason. I still think the publisher (WB) is most likely the main culprit here.

Grief.exe

Sounds like you guys should be refunding this as fast as possible. Wait for the winter sale at the earliest for this to be fixed up.

Sends a message to WB.

nai

The heck? After the game re-downloaded everything again it's actually semi-playable for me. First time I tried it was like a powerpoint slideshow.

I'm on a GTX 560 Ti OC by the way. On foot the FPS drops with sudden camera movements. With the batmobile it's almost all the time, but since it drives so fast I'm guessing it's the motion blur that causes it.

The opening scene played just fine, and the character gallery in the menu works smoothly as well.

Zemm

what happened?

The director at Rocksteady said something like 'WB are working with the PC developer to fix this asap'.

Basically everything that has come out from WB and Rocksteady so far has been them not so subtlety telling us Iron Galaxy are to blame. Personally I think WB should be getting the most shit flung at them, they have precedence with not giving a shit about PC ports.

The heck? After the game re-downloaded everything again it's actually semi-playable for me. First time I tried it was like a powerpoint slideshow.

I'm on a GTX 560 Ti OC by the way. On foot the FPS drops with sudden camera movements. With the batmobile it's almost all the time, but since it drives so fast I'm guessing it's the motion blur that causes it.

The opening scene played just fine, and the character gallery in the menu works smoothly as well.

560Ti , People are complaining about the game running like Shit on 980s and 970s.

I re-downloaded it tonight and it's actually been mostly fine for me at 1080p, 970 and max 60 FPS. Some big dips when flying around, but mostly pretty good. Definitely a long way from being totally acceptable though.

Wavebossa

Not sure if this has been answered already but is there a way to turn off that Type-0-esque motion blur without crashing the game on startup?

nai

560Ti , People are complaining about the game running like Shit on 980s and 970s.
I know, that's what surprised me as well. When I woke up this morning I just assumed it was because of my low end card. But then I went online and saw that the game ran poorly for everyone.

Now granted, I did run the game at 720p with everything set to low. But it still sort of works.

Im tempted to buy still b/c I also never had issues with MKX and I see others are having OK experiences too. So tempting....have PS4 and I only intend to play at 1080p but really REALLY want 60fps. Have 780, i3570

lol 60 on a 780? i cant get 60 on a 1.4 ghz titan x.

Wavebossa

I re-downloaded it tonight and it's actually been mostly fine for me at 1080p, 970 and max 60 FPS. Some big dips when flying around, but mostly pretty good. Definitely a long way from being totally acceptable though.

SSD or HDD?

And did you switch from to the other when re-downloading?

I'm considering moving it to my SSD but before I go about freeing up space I need to know if its worth my time.

Top Bottom